Introducing myself
Posted: 22 January 2016 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-01-22

Hello All, I am here to know new people who possess rational mind and who think critically. I know our human civilization has advanced based on critical thoughts. I also an open minded person having a rational mind. I hope we will be able to share lot of things on the basis of critical analysis that will be a great contribution for our whole human civilization.

Posted: 22 January 2016 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  2009-02-26
Real-Man - 22 January 2016 01:25 AM

Hello All, I am here to know new people who possess rational mind and who think critically. I know our human civilization has advanced based on critical thoughts. I also an open minded person having a rational mind. I hope we will be able to share lot of things on the basis of critical analysis that will be a great contribution for our whole human civilization.

Seems you have the right spirit.  Welcome and I am looking forward to your posts.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 22 January 2016 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2015-12-10

Welcome real man. It is no easy thing you seek. If I understand, your desire may be for everyone to basically agree since everyone is rational here. In my experience there are far too many hyper rational utopian ideas, hate capitalism bias, and vote for Bernie Sanders or hate Trump so far to support meaningful dialogue. It is a well documented process for those displaying powerful bias emotion for any reason to also display cognitive impairment or just less than optimal thinking skills. Of course, bias has a dynamic that is opposed to any cause and effect rationale that does not support bias’s ready-made conclusion.

Most of the people I’ve interacted with back down and stop communicating when evidence that does not fit their limited view of selected facts appears. So, you may have to fight from the most basic premise: what is and what is the context in any discussion.

That is one way to look at it. Now many people here dopple gang at a Unitarian Church, if any. Unitarians care only about being nice, welcoming all, saying hello, enjoying long sermons the reference dead psychologists, long since superseded in thougtht, and then throwing in quantum physics in a Chopra-esque way. Oh, they also are mini economists who fight for minimum wage hikes even if those hikes lead to loss of job or replacement by machines. So, you may find some “let’s be nice” to each other, and hate capitalism, when discussing what exists. You may find those who display no recognizable skills for critical thinking on any level (personal dialogue, agency, cause-effect, or non-linear yet defined, processes) and starts going off like a wolf in the desert on your carefully constructed argument or thought. These do this because you used a word or phrase that triggers a knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) reaction.

Still, this is an opportunity to exert your will to reason and require reason and make a difference in some way meaningful to your goal, that will sustain you best toward critical thinking…in the presence of other rational and willful persons.

Welcome to a rink of life. Old as Socrates and, thankfully, no political zombies can reach out and grab you as they did him.
My advice: Corrupt the youth with the knowledge they need and are denied. Respectfully run over the ideas of the leaders who have exhausted their limits imposed by their structuring of knowledge.

Signature 

By expanding knowledge of the real, reduce the environmental footprint of of ignorance…in any and every way you most desire.

Posted: 22 January 2016 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2015-12-10

One more thought. While scientists provide the advancements of ideas and creation of technology, it is business that takes these to the rest of the free world. The unfree world rarely sees anything like the best and often are still without electricity. Hate capitalism is the most ill-informed idea of utopian dreamersoften bolstered by referencing some small economy wholly dependent on the US to thrive.

Signature 

By expanding knowledge of the real, reduce the environmental footprint of of ignorance…in any and every way you most desire.

Posted: 22 January 2016 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2011-11-04
JSmith - 22 January 2016 06:37 AM

One more thought. While scientists provide the advancements of ideas and creation of technology, it is business that takes these to the rest of the free world. The unfree world rarely sees anything like the best and often are still without electricity. Hate capitalism is the most ill-informed idea of utopian dreamersoften bolstered by referencing some small economy wholly dependent on the US to thrive.

Jeez, JS, way to misrepresent.  This is not a hate capitalism forum.  (Although many members may recognize the downside of, and berate unbridled capitalism.)

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 22 January 2016 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2012-07-13

Hey Real-Man,
I’m pretty new here too.  I’ve found that in here, just like out in the real world, everyone has a personality and has their own outlook on things. 

This is an interesting place to hang-out.

Welcome and enjoy.

Signature 

It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.  Edmund Way Teale, Circle of the Seasons