Hello from Canada
Posted: 24 January 2016 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2016-01-24

Hi, I’m a middle aged guy from BC with an interest in science, religion, history, food, art and a bunch of other stuff.

I’m always looking to learn more and test how accurate what I think I know really is.

Thanks, Doug

Posted: 24 January 2016 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

Welcome to the CFI corner of the Internet.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 26 January 2016 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2012-07-13

Cool, another Canadian.

BC is the greatest place to visit - nothing is more awesome that driving through the mountains.  I could do it all day (and I have, on trips to Fraser Lake way in the interior and to Vancouver.)

I share all your interests except art.  I love art, but not the topic.  It’s 100% subjective, and what is usually seen as great art is usually something I wouldn’t pay a dollar for (and that’s a Canadian dollar!)

I also share your interest in learning more and testing your ideas.  I’m new here too, but it’s a great place to put your thoughts into words, which is something I rarely get to do on these topics in my regular life.

Signature 

It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.  Edmund Way Teale, Circle of the Seasons

‹‹ Introducing myself      Hello from Kent WA ››