Need help
Posted: 27 February 2016 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2016-02-27

I lost my religion few years ago.

I live in a very religious society. Religious extremism is ruining our life and the solution of this problem is ... more religion… :|
People are becoming more and more conservative. It’s driving me nuts!

The more religious people are, the less compassion they seem to have for people who are different from them.

I need hug. :(

Posted: 27 February 2016 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

Virtual hug heading your way. Where in the world are you?

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 27 February 2016 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-27
DarronS - 27 February 2016 09:19 PM

In a “progressive” muslim country.

Posted: 28 February 2016 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2011-11-04
samyaza - 27 February 2016 10:41 PM
DarronS - 27 February 2016 09:19 PM

In a “progressive” muslim country.

It seems to me that any “progressive” muslim country is subject to rather quickly becoming a “regressive” Muslim country.  I think you may need more than virtual hugs.  But you have one from me, as well as my respect.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 29 February 2016 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4335
Joined  2014-06-20
samyaza - 27 February 2016 08:33 PM

I live in a very religious society. Religious extremism is ruining our life and the solution of this problem is ... more religion… :|

The more religious people are, the less compassion they seem to have for people who are different from them.

Here’s a hug.

Maybe it’s time to move out of that very religious society. It is unlikely to improve before it does further damage.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 29 February 2016 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2011-09-13
samyaza - 27 February 2016 08:33 PM

Here is another virtual hug.  It’s easy for anyone to say move away but moving from your home is one of the most difficult things any of us has ever had to and for those who haven’t, the difficulties of doing so can only be understood by those who have.  That being said, YOU ARE NOT, alone because those who care about your dilemma will never forget or ignore you and most truly want to help you in any way we can.

Posted: 04 March 2016 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-27
TimB - 28 February 2016 02:49 PM

It seems to me that any “progressive” muslim country is subject to rather quickly becoming a “regressive” Muslim country.  I think you may need more than virtual hugs.  But you have one from me, as well as my respect.

That’s right.

It’s easy for anyone to say move away but moving from your home is one of the most difficult things any of us has ever had to and for those who haven’t, the difficulties of doing so can only be understood by those who have.  That being said, YOU ARE NOT, alone because those who care about your dilemma will never forget or ignore you and most truly want to help you in any way we can.

Yeah, I can’t just leave my parents.

Thank you, all.

Posted: 07 March 2016 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4211
Joined  2009-10-21

deros is right, you are not alone. Unfortunately identifying yourself so you can find like minded friends is a risk. I know it seems the world is moving backwards lately, but I still believe in the arc of history that Martin Luther King spoke of. It bends toward justice. Hugs, and hang in there.

Posted: 07 March 2016 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2012-07-13

You’re definitely not alone samyaza.

The world is both vast and tiny.  The distance between people might be vast, but it’s tiny when you know that those people understand you and care about you. 

You do what you have to do, but know that you’re not alone.

***HUG***

Signature 

It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.  Edmund Way Teale, Circle of the Seasons

Posted: 08 March 2016 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-27
Lausten - 07 March 2016 04:52 AM

deros is right, you are not alone. Unfortunately identifying yourself so you can find like minded friends is a risk. I know it seems the world is moving backwards lately, but I still believe in the arc of history that Martin Luther King spoke of. It bends toward justice. Hugs, and hang in there.

Yup! But I’m actually pretty lucky having known many like minded people in real life. It seems like I suddenly have an atheist radar. lol.

Posted: 17 March 2016 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2015-11-28

You mustered solid positive energy from this group. I am deeply saddened by the choices we have made globally to allow commercial religion and other forms of tyranny to be so powerful.