New here
Posted: 02 March 2007 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

I’m Mriana and I’m new here.  I made my way here via the podcasts which I love listening too.  I find them very fascinating.  Yes, I’m a Humanist, if anyone is wondering.

I’m a divorced single parent of two teenage sons soon to be 16 and 18.  I’m a starving artist writer and taking writing classes at a local university.  I have one degree in Psychology, but because I want out of that field, I decided to improve my writing skills since I enjoy writing.

My heros are Gene Roddenberry, Majel Roddenberry, MLK Jr, Nichelle Nichols, and I enjoy listening to and reading Richard Dawkins.  Yes, I am also a Trek fan.  smile

Not sure what else to say about myself, but I figure that is a good start.  I’m glad to be here.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 02 March 2007 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Welcome to the forum, Mriana. I’ve enjoyed Trek as well ... especially the original (for its campiness) and TNG; Babylon 5 is great too.

Enjoy yourself here, and feel free to add your two cents whenever you like.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 March 2007 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Yes, TOS, TNG, and B5 are all extremely good shows.  smile  Thanks for the welcome, dougsmith.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 March 2007 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2003-09-24

Mriana:

My heros are Gene Roddenberry, Majel Roddenberry,  Nichelle Nichols… . Yes, I am also a Trek fan.

Can’t go wrong with Trek! ... well, maybe a bit with Voyager rolleyes

Want more Trek (untill Star Trek 11 comes in 2008)?  Go to these fan websites and get your Trek fix…

www.startreknewvoyages.com

And read my interview with Trek legend, David Gerrold (author of TOS’s “Trouble with Tribbles” and THN’s “Trials and Tribulations”) here (show #138) -   

If you want an audio file of the show, email me your email address and I will send you a file via www.sendthisfile.com.

Signature 

Barry F. Seidman
Exec. Producer of Equal Time for Freethought

Posted: 03 March 2007 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Or go to my website:  http://www.houseofbetazed.com  LOL

Thanks for the welcome, Barry.  Oh and I hope the mods forgive the plug to my site, but I just could not resist with all the link Barry was giving.

Signature 

Mriana

‹‹ Another guy from North Carolina      Hello ››