2 of 5
Isn’t the World Facing the Islamic Music?
Posted: 16 July 2016 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2014-07-31
Sukhamaya Bain - 14 July 2016 07:13 PM
Stardusty Psyche - 10 July 2016 10:58 AM

Obama continues his aggressive and very blunt instrument global assassination campaign, the very large special ground forces deployment in Iraq, the regular ground forces deployment in Afghanistan, Air Force attacks, gunship attacks, and sea based attacks.

He just won’t name the enemy he is killing by its true name, largely out of concern for the propaganda and recruiting value that would have among the 1.6 billion Muslims.

Paris, San Bernardino, Orlando, Dhaka, and now Nice! I think the West needs to be smarter than being killers. The fight really has to be against blind following of Islamic edicts. It would need re-education of people, in this case Muslims. It would need intolerance of Islamic fanaticism on the part of the components of the world that can be called reasonably civilized.

To me, anything that can be called blind following of any kind of injustice, hatred or barbarity for Islam or for any other kind of religion is too fanatic to be tolerated by the civilized world.

Best of all is to get rid of all religions and with it their social structures which have been nothing but toxic throughout the ages. In a way getting rid of god is easy but almost impossible as the grand CEO of the societies it endorses. The God idea is not unlike that of a single Parliament from which its supervisory members draw their authority to rule.

Muslims in this sense and since the time of their prophet would only allow themselves to be re-educated based on how they interpret the Koran which offers limited possibilities for re-education as is true for most ancient texts that no-longer belong.

Posted: 18 September 2016 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2015-03-13

Three terrorist attacks in one day in the USA! One has been claimed by the Islamic State. For the one in New York, Governor Cuomo said, “there is no evidence of an international terrorism connection” and “we find no ISIS connections.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/17/new-york-officials-say-25-people-injured-after-explosion-in-chelsea/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name:homepage/story&utm;_term=.b780f4b7ac14

Don’t we need to be smarter than looking too much for the ghost of Islamic State? Can’t lone wolf terrorists be as dangerous in the US homeland, especially when guns are so easily available in this country?

The way I see it, the mental sickness that causes people to commit this kind of crimes needs to be addressed intelligently, as opposed to using a lot of military force in places like the Middle East. For the US homeland, that intelligent method has to include seriously looking at potential indoctrination and proliferation of Islamic fanaticism in this country.

Posted: 18 September 2016 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4068
Joined  2009-10-21
Sukhamaya Bain - 18 September 2016 03:41 PM

Three terrorist attacks in one day in the USA! One has been claimed by the Islamic State. For the one in New York, Governor Cuomo said, “there is no evidence of an international terrorism connection” and “we find no ISIS connections.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/17/new-york-officials-say-25-people-injured-after-explosion-in-chelsea/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name:homepage/story&utm;_term=.b780f4b7ac14

Don’t we need to be smarter than looking too much for the ghost of Islamic State? Can’t lone wolf terrorists be as dangerous in the US homeland, especially when guns are so easily available in this country?

The way I see it, the mental sickness that causes people to commit this kind of crimes needs to be addressed intelligently, as opposed to using a lot of military force in places like the Middle East. For the US homeland, that intelligent method has to include seriously looking at potential indoctrination and proliferation of Islamic fanaticism in this country.

Unless you have some other plan, you just said that preaching Islam creates mental illness. How do you determine when a preacher is a fanatic? How do you tell indoctrination from the usual tricks for getting people to go to church. I just listened to some gospel singers (there’s not much to do in my little town), and the guy took a few minutes to tell a story where he was asked if he died, did he think he would go to heaven. Was he trying to indoctrinate me?

Posted: 19 September 2016 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2015-03-13
Lausten - 18 September 2016 04:53 PM

Unless you have some other plan, you just said that preaching Islam creates mental illness. How do you determine when a preacher is a fanatic? How do you tell indoctrination from the usual tricks for getting people to go to church. I just listened to some gospel singers (there’s not much to do in my little town), and the guy took a few minutes to tell a story where he was asked if he died, did he think he would go to heaven. Was he trying to indoctrinate me?

The non-imposing tricks for asking people to attend church/mosque are not fanatic enough to me. Here is one example of intolerable fanaticism that came from the so-called moderate Muslims of Hamtramck, MI: Loud-speaker Islamic prayer calls five times a day every day, without caring about the citizens who do not need/want the nuisance/noise pollution: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/05/us/tension-in-a-michigan-city-over-muslims-call-to-prayer.html?_r=0

Mass media, social media as well as the laws of the land should discourage/stop such gross disrespect for the rights of non-Muslims before they even are planned in this country. With this kind of religion-imposing minds among the ‘moderates’, it should not surprise any intelligent person if that community produced a religion-saving/promoting terrorist from among every thousand of its members.

[ Edited: 19 September 2016 05:36 AM by Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain ]

Posted: 19 September 2016 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2009-10-21

So, playing Christmas music for 6 weeks in the malls, I suppose we should stop doing that too. I think you would get a lot of support for that.

Posted: 19 September 2016 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  6516
Joined  2010-08-15
Lausten - 19 September 2016 04:28 AM

So, playing Christmas music for 6 weeks in the malls, I suppose we should stop doing that too. I think you would get a lot of support for that.

But first we need to clean up the goblins and witches that have been populating stores for weeks already with that devil’s holiday still six weeks away.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 21 September 2016 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  7751
Joined  2009-02-26

After watching the news today, I am more worried about the Neo-Nazi and other radical White Supremacy organizations here in the US, than I am about radical Islamists.

During this election period Trump has proposed a more dictatorial government, which has received the endorsements of several of these home-grown prejudiced groups.

I predict an even greater unrest, fed by these radical groups, who see an opportunity to destabilize our Democracy and help Trump’s followers conviction that “we need to be stronger” in “enforcing” law.

It was my understanding that law-enforcement officers are to respond with minimum force wherever possible.

But alas, today another person was gunned down, creating outrage in otherwise innocent bystanders or peaceful protesters.
Remarkably, it appears that the person was killed by another civilian.  And that is very worrisome, IMO.

[ Edited: 21 September 2016 07:34 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 22 September 2016 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2015-03-13
Write4U - 21 September 2016 07:25 PM

After watching the news today, I am more worried about the Neo-Nazi and other radical White Supremacy organizations here in the US, than I am about radical Islamists.

During this election period Trump has proposed a more dictatorial government, which has received the endorsements of several of these home-grown prejudiced groups.

I predict an even greater unrest, fed by these radical groups, who see an opportunity to destabilize our Democracy and help Trump’s followers conviction that “we need to be stronger” in “enforcing” law.

It was my understanding that law-enforcement officers are to respond with minimum force wherever possible.

But alas, today another person was gunned down, creating outrage in otherwise innocent bystanders or peaceful protesters.
Remarkably, it appears that the person was killed by another civilian.  And that is very worrisome, IMO.

While we do need to worry about and address the problem of racism in the USA, the fact of the matter is that it is declining and will continue to decline, in spite of some blips here and there. Even Donald Trump flip-flops on this, mostly because he wants votes from educated White people, most of whom are not racists.

Donald Trump not only sounds dictatorial, he is too tactless and obnoxious to lead a nation. But the USA has a democracy that is 240 years mature. In the unlikely scenario of Trump getting elected as the President of the USA, I do not think he would have dictatorial power.

The problem with Islamic fanaticism is that it seems to be growing, not declining. For example, when one little town in the USA became Muslim majority, it started loud prayer calls five times a day every day without caring about the disturbance that it creates to non-Muslims and non-practicing Muslims. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/05/us/tension-in-a-michigan-city-over-muslims-call-to-prayer.html?_r=0

And, of course, now in the world at large, people who have been committing atrocities on other people, killing other people and committing suicide for protecting and propagating their religion/prophet/God are practically all Muslims. Practically all kinds of people in the world had barbarity in their past. However, it would be wrong to cite historical barbarity of Christians, for example, to be soft on the continuation and growth of Islamic fanaticism and atrocities in the world.

[ Edited: 22 September 2016 06:20 AM by Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain ]

Posted: 22 September 2016 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Sukhamaya Bain - 22 September 2016 04:27 AM

While we do need to worry about and address the problem of racism in the USA, the fact of the matter is that it is declining and will continue to decline, in spite of some blips here and there.

And you just start right up again, like nothing happened.

Do you have any data on this declining racism?

How do you define it?

Posted: 22 September 2016 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  1541
Joined  2012-04-25
Lausten - 22 September 2016 09:54 AM
Sukhamaya Bain - 22 September 2016 04:27 AM

While we do need to worry about and address the problem of racism in the USA, the fact of the matter is that it is declining and will continue to decline, in spite of some blips here and there.

And you just start right up again, like nothing happened.

Do you have any data on this declining racism?

How do you define it?

Well how about this. When Drumpf said recently that blacks have it the worst ever ever ever today he got shouted down by several A-A pundits and experts for implying that somehow things weren’t worse in the 60’s, etc. So evidently there are plenty of A-A who would agree that things ahve gotten better. Not that there’s no problem, just things gotten better. (Not defending Drumpf here btw, just Suk. Bain’s statement).

Posted: 28 September 2016 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  2124
Joined  2013-06-01
Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain - 14 July 2016 07:13 PM
Stardusty Psyche - 10 July 2016 10:58 AM

Obama continues his aggressive and very blunt instrument global assassination campaign, the very large special ground forces deployment in Iraq, the regular ground forces deployment in Afghanistan, Air Force attacks, gunship attacks, and sea based attacks.

He just won’t name the enemy he is killing by its true name, largely out of concern for the propaganda and recruiting value that would have among the 1.6 billion Muslims.

Paris, San Bernardino, Orlando, Dhaka, and now Nice! I think the West needs to be smarter than being killers. The fight really has to be against blind following of Islamic edicts. It would need re-education of people, in this case Muslims. It would need intolerance of Islamic fanaticism on the part of the components of the world that can be called reasonably civilized.

To me, anything that can be called blind following of any kind of injustice, hatred or barbarity for Islam or for any other kind of religion is too fanatic to be tolerated by the civilized world.

Bangladesh has 82% of the poor educated in the madrasah system. “A frequently made allegation of the madrasa sector is its involvement with religious militancy. The Quomi madrasas are most often implicated in this debate because of the continued resistance to state reforms. Due to their unknown sources of funding and the use of a 300-400 years old curriculum the Western Media perceives them as the breeding ground of terrorists.” https://alochonaa.com/2014/03/27/the-impact-of-islamic-schools-in-bangladeshi-society-the-case-of-madrassa/ This allegation has not been proven and is in dispute. I think one cannot rule it out completely at this time.

So, you have males with a fifth grade education. An education with mostly no books and given by the local religion, mainly at the mosque or musalla, with no government oversite. What could possibly go wrong!

Posted: 28 September 2016 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
MikeYohe - 28 September 2016 01:11 PM

So, you have males with a fifth grade education. An education with mostly no books and given by the local religion, mainly at the mosque or musalla, with no government oversite. What could possibly go wrong!

And what do you suggest we do? In this country, you can home school your kids and there isn’t much oversight. We also catch teachers teaching religion in class rooms all the time. It is only recently that we really settled the evolution in schools debate. So, exactly how are we going to do anything about kids in a different country being taught religion?

Posted: 29 September 2016 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  2124
Joined  2013-06-01
Lausten - 28 September 2016 03:02 PM
MikeYohe - 28 September 2016 01:11 PM

And what do you suggest we do? In this country, you can home school your kids and there isn’t much oversight. We also catch teachers teaching religion in class rooms all the time. It is only recently that we really settled the evolution in schools debate. So, exactly how are we going to do anything about kids in a different country being taught religion?

I don’t have the answer to the mechanics of how to implement a fix. But I do believe it will be in the form of the children having access to computers and the internet not only at school, but at home too. The basic electrical grid may be a major problem at this time. Solar technology is coming along and may help.

Posted: 29 September 2016 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
MikeYohe - 29 September 2016 07:07 AM

I don’t have the answer to the mechanics of how to implement a fix. But I do believe it will be in the form of the children having access to computers and the internet not only at school, but at home too. The basic electrical grid may be a major problem at this time. Solar technology is coming along and may help.

There’s some basis for agreement in here. My question was meant to result in you realizing there is no way to directly change what those kids are getting taught. The best alternative is to improve their infrastructure, or, I should say, help them do that. Trouble is, we all know what happens when you give a kid a computer with internet access, and there are people who are going to not let that happen.

Posted: 29 September 2016 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  4253
Joined  2014-06-20
Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain - 09 July 2016 03:20 PM
LoisL - 07 July 2016 06:15 PM

Is anyone publicly rcognizing and rejecting the unjust, hateful and atrocious parts of the bible? If so, I haven’t heard about it.

The fact that Christianity has been reforming for centuries can be taken as acknowledging and rejecting the unjust and atrocious parts of the Bible. Two examples: 1) In the Christian-dominated parts of the world, women certainly get a lot more respect today than what is granted to them by the Bible; 2) Today, the Western world surely could not have had almost a fifth of their population as atheists/antagonists without the Christians looking at their religion with a good deal of logic, i.e., abandoning religious dogma.

So it’s just a matter of time, then?  Perhaps Islam is on its way to reform, like Christianity. It’s just going to take a little longer. The world waited for Christianity to reform, why are we not allowing the same time for Islam?  Christianity had a 622-year head start on Islam. When Islam was barely off the ground, Christians had not even started the worst of it’s own brand of terrorism: the Inquisition and the Crusades, which only started a thousand years after the birth of Christianity. Why should Christianity get so much time but not Islam? In fact the Christian “reform” you speak of is nothing to brag about. To this day it promotes many horrific beliefs and practices that are nowhere near being “reformed”. .

I agree with both Lausten and Stardusty Psyche. I also basically agree with deros; although the religious world is too powerful for the humanist world to be able to do that right now.

[ Edited: 29 September 2016 12:48 PM by LoisL ]
 Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

2 of 5