God- a day in the life
Posted: 05 March 2007 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-03-04

This is my attempt at a comic distillation of some philosophical ideas I was thinking about at the time and the absurdity of anthropomorphising god.

9.00am.
Created universe about five minutes ago; ‘apparent’ age, 14.5 billion years. Gave everyone intact memories of childhood etc. Unhappy with speed of light - may revise.

9.10am.
Decided to add discrete mathematics to mathematics. Alterered human memory accordingly.

10.00am.
Things going okay, humans seem to think there was ‘nothing’ before Big Bang??? Weak anthropic principle interfering with common sense? May reveal aborted ‘Universe1’ to peeps in ‘Universe2’ later on. Impatient with speed of light, make it a bit faster.

11.00am.
Couldn’t find novelty, oversized ‘Hand of God’ giant foam hand. Remembered left it in Universe1. Checked behind singularity, was in pretty good nick.

11.30am.
Wannabe first-years debating whether God can make weight so heavy he can’t lift it. Conclude even omnipotent God can’t do logically impossible. Unhappy with laws of logic; may revise.

Noon.
Watching ‘Days of Our Lives’. Checked ahead, Marlena not ‘Salem Slasher’.

1.00pm.
Grate some choc-orange dark chocolate over coconut-vanilla icecream. Eat it up. Delish!

2.00pm.
Satan keeps bugging me that ‘humans have it too well’. Doesn’t even bother addressing me in Latin. Adds cockroaches and tomatoes to earth while I am eating. Can’t be bothered to fix it for the moment.

2.30pm.
Can’t decide fate of Universe2. Big Freeze too morbid, Big Crunch too showy. May make Big Carnival.

3.00pm.
Too many particles in current physics. Eliminate gluons and quarks?

4.00pm.
Play chess with Death. Win easily.

5.00pm
Debating whether fortune-tellers at Big Carnival is ironic or not. Can’t decide.

6.00pm
Watch ‘The Simpsons’ rerun. Still great after all these hours.

Posted: 06 March 2007 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14

LOL

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 05 April 2007 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-03-31

Your forgetting:

3:20 PM
Pee on Vatican wall, make it look like the virgin Mary.  raspberry

Signature 

WoodGuard from Canada
I am 95% skeptic, 4% Believer and 1% unknown.