Creationwiki
Posted: 07 March 2007 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2007-02-17

I tried searching to see if anyone has brought this up but I read about it in Der Spiegel online http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,469969,00.html

Seems that there’s a take off on Wikapedia for creationist.  http://creationwiki.org/Main_Page

It’s pretty amusing to read.  Another one was http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page  Which just seams to be a big rant.

Enjoy the reading.  :evil:

Signature 

http://www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com

Posted: 07 March 2007 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I like the Darwin fish (upside down, dead?) in the form field of creatinwiki. Clever! LOL

Posted: 07 March 2007 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4108
Joined  2006-11-28

Yeah, those creationists are clever devils, always evolving. :wink:

The site just points out the mixed blessing that is the Internet. Sure, it provides a forum for marginalized ideological nutcases like us smile  to exchange ideas, but it also puts any “knowledge” on an equal footing, including the wisdom of the ignorant, the stupid, the crazy, or the malign. Without a fair bit of sophisticated background information to decode the affiliations and agendas of the providers, anyone seeking information or insight will have a hard time deciding what is reasonable to believe and what isn’t, how legitimate a given source is on a given topic. I guess I have to believe that on balance more opinions available freely makes us on average better informed and freer, but when I picture my daughter trolling the web for knowledge some day soon, I can only hope I’ve given her a good enough balony detection kit.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 07 March 2007 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

rolleyes Silliness.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 March 2007 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Silliness? Yes. But dangerous silliness. Read here .

Posted: 07 March 2007 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Stupid silliness.

It is certainly true that Darwinian notions of evolution have been twisted by racists in order for them to pursue their irrational ends. But one could make a much stronger argument in the same vein about Christianity. It has been used to justify anti-semitism, homophobia, slavery and bigotry of all sorts, including racism. Just look at the KKK with their burning crosses.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 March 2007 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

deleted by the author

Posted: 20 March 2007 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

deleted by the author

Posted: 28 March 2007 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

:shock:

As dangerous as it is, what’s bugging me is that their “portal” looks like the Stargate. You know, from the little-known sci-fi TV show?

I hope it’s not a ‘gate fan running this…

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED

Posted: 28 March 2007 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-03-07

[quote author=“George Benedik”]...and a take off on YouTube for Christians, GodTube . All they need is a new version of Google, Godgle? :D

Have you seen Kirk Cameron’s Banana, The Athiest’s Nightmare ? LOL  LOL

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Soda pop tab?

It could be just because I have issues, but I find soda pop cans much more easier to open up than bananas.

*continues to struggle with banana*

Signature 

1. God is omnipotent.
Source: Several incidents where I’ve annoyed fundamentalist Christians by challenging God’s power.
2. If God is omnipotent then he can travel faster than the speed of light.
Modus Ponens
3. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
Source: Einstein
Therefore, God is nothing.
QED

Posted: 28 March 2007 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

You know, they have some serious errors in their Creation v. Evolution section.  rolleyes

1. Evolution is a scientific view not an Atheistic worldview.
2. Order from chaos?  If there wasn’t some form of order, then we wouldn’t be able to study anything.
3.  The Bible is off by a few billion years (but we all knew that they think the Bible is inerrant and written by God rather than man)
4.  They don’t know what theory means.
5.  Accelerated decay   LOL Are we on Comedy Central?  2.5 days? 

They have determined that the most likely times for accelerated decay were the first 2.5 days of the creation week, and during the flood and shortly thereafter.

Sorry, but I just can’t help but laugh at this stuff. I know, I should feel sorry for them and their attachment to *cough* dogma, but it’s so funny.

Oh boy!  rolleyes  It gets worse on Conservapedia.  :(

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 04 August 2007 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-07-14
Mriana - 28 March 2007 03:28 PM

2. Order from chaos?  If there wasn’t some form of order, then we wouldn’t be able to study anything.

What I find interesting is they claim that a common thread in creation myths is forming order from chaos. Of course that in doesn’t mean Genesis chapters 1 & 2 is a myth, but do they ever pause and think about why these myths are so similar?

Posted: 06 August 2007 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22

One thing that always confuses me is the literal translation of the story of Genesis.  There are, as many of you know, two conflicting stories in the Genesis Creation story http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/accounts.html, and not small little details.  For example were humans created before animals or were animals created before humans, were Adam and Eve created together or was Adam created first then Eve.  This brings up an interesting choice, if you are reading the bible and taking a literal translation then one of these stories has to be thrown out, or you have to make inferences and theorize as to why there are the two conflicting stories, if that is the case then literal translation is thrown right out the window.  This then brings up another quandary if the God of the Bible is all knowing and all powerful, and perfect in all accounts why then the different accounts he/she either made a mistake   big surprise , or he/she gets some kind of enjoyment out of misleading his/her people tongue laugh

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”