2 of 2
Scientific evidence of God (by an atheist)
Posted: 04 January 2017 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2016-12-21

This is a reply to Mike.

Mike:  There is just one major flaw to the theory. And that is no one really believes in the god you described.

GW:  I totally disagree with you.  There are billions of people who believe in the god I described.  It is the god which most people believe in.  People can behave contrary to their beliefs.  This is not uncommon.

Posted: 04 January 2017 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2016-12-21

Reply to Mike

Mike:  The point I am trying to work my way to with Gary is that AI just might replace god in the not to distance future. To do that I have to point out what god really is or the discussion will never reach the point. This post is about AI and god so a foundation needs to laid down to connect the two.

GW:  The original topic was about AI, but the thread here was about God.  If either or both existed, they would have intelligence far above our own.  Right now, I think that neither exists, but I believe that in the future there will be an autonomous AI entity which far surpasses us.

Right now, however, billions of people believe that God exists, as I have defined him.

Posted: 04 January 2017 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7756
Joined  2009-02-26

The Trinity.

The Father = Cause
The Son   = Effect
The Holy Ghost = An inherent orderly evolutionary process (a mathematical Function)

This simple triangulation is all that is required for a hierarchy of Orders, from the subtlest meta-physical (probabilistic) lmplication to gross expression in OUR reality.

The universe does not have some mathematical properties, it has ONLY mathematical properties.

What has been dubbed God by non-scientific theists is no more than an inherent mathematical aspect to universal functions.
Thus the *apparent* intentional intelligence. 

One needs to look only at the table of Elements to see the rigorous mathematical function employed in the formation of atoms and their inherent mathematical potentials.

There is no ID….there is only Potential and probabilistic expression of individual potentials.

[ Edited: 04 January 2017 06:35 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 04 January 2017 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2135
Joined  2013-06-01
Gary Whittenberger - 04 January 2017 10:08 AM

Reply to Mike

Mike:  The point I am trying to work my way to with Gary is that AI just might replace god in the not to distance future. To do that I have to point out what god really is or the discussion will never reach the point. This post is about AI and god so a foundation needs to laid down to connect the two.

GW:  The original topic was about AI, but the thread here was about God.  If either or both existed, they would have intelligence far above our own.  Right now, I think that neither exists, but I believe that in the future there will be an autonomous AI entity which far surpasses us.

Right now, however, billions of people believe that God exists, as I have defined him.

Gary, I agree with you on your AI thinking. And I agree with you on how you explained the beliefs of people today. But I see it a little different. I think the behavior of people in the religious environment are regulated by society beliefs to a great extent. But the society is not seen as the driving force that it is. Whether there is a human gene as the source of this collective thinking I don’t know. But I don’t think that this belief can be discarded. It will have to be replaced with something that will fulfill the same needs. And the common factor throughout history for the gods is “knowledge”. And that is why I think AI has a chance to replace god. And at the speed AI is evolving, it is only one generation away.

Posted: 04 January 2017 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2135
Joined  2013-06-01
Gary Whittenberger - 04 January 2017 09:53 AM

This is a reply to Mike.

Mike:  There is just one major flaw to the theory. And that is no one really believes in the god you described.

GW:  I totally disagree with you.  There are billions of people who believe in the god I described.  It is the god which most people believe in.  People can behave contrary to their beliefs.  This is not uncommon.

“People can behave contrary to their beliefs.”

That is what is happening with people who say they believe in god. Rational people behave contrary to their basic values and beliefs and interests for fear of social retribution or scorn or the consequences that they might ensue for having spoken out. And that is why they don’t care about the bone boxes or god that much.

Posted: 04 January 2017 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  924
Joined  2016-01-24
DarronS - 04 January 2017 08:22 AM
DougC - 03 January 2017 06:12 PM

For instance if FTL is impossible as it appears to be now then this A.I. “god” isn’t going to travel from place to place faster than photons can.

Oh ye of little faith. God can do anything, don’tchya know. He can read our thoughts, ignore our prayers and flit about the universe at will.

Children dying of cancer is just part of his plan.

Not forgetting the Armageddon that millions of christians pray for to deliver them from the rest of us. We’re supposed to be grateful for being burned up so that someone else can achieve their version of nirvana. Seems a tad self-centered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

However I’d consider joining something like Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption Church if it was still around.

Posted: 05 January 2017 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05
DougC - 04 January 2017 11:38 PM
DarronS - 04 January 2017 08:22 AM
DougC - 03 January 2017 06:12 PM

For instance if FTL is impossible as it appears to be now then this A.I. “god” isn’t going to travel from place to place faster than photons can.

Oh ye of little faith. God can do anything, don’tchya know. He can read our thoughts, ignore our prayers and flit about the universe at will.

Children dying of cancer is just part of his plan.

Not forgetting the Armageddon that millions of christians pray for to deliver them from the rest of us. We’re supposed to be grateful for being burned up so that someone else can achieve their version of nirvana. Seems a tad self-centered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

However I’d consider joining something like Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption Church if it was still around.

I used to consider myself a Pastafarian but then recognized the misogyny in those beliefs.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

2 of 2