2 of 2
The number of Atheists in 2014 is 3.1% in the USA
Posted: 11 February 2017 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5506
Joined  2008-08-14
Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain - 29 January 2017 02:15 PM

I think ordinary people that are subject of polls mostly tell the truth; liars are the ones who use others’ religious beliefs for their benefit. As the USA is Christian-majority, pretending to be serious Christians can certainly help US politicians who need votes from religious morons. Most smart people, including the dishonest politicians, could not be serious believers of religious absurdity.

Excellent!
So these politicians are getting these votes to advance causes of religion? Even though they are “not serious believers of religious absurdity.”?

Hmmmn, No. They aren’t right? I mean there’s some little tidbits of red meat thrown in there. Some little concessionary pieces…
But you just said that the politicians, who are “smart people”, yet dishonest, are using religion to get votes.

Do you think the majority of religious people feel satisfied with the electoral outcomes and the subsequent legislation,
or is it possible that they mostly know exactly what you are talking about? Yes, they understand these dynamics.
What about politicians who use the concept of racial identity or sexual identity to get votes?
Again, are tidbits of red meat thrown out as concessions, while the real motives of the “lying” politicians are concealed?
I cite Hillary Clinton’s recent exposure of saying she has both a “public and private position” of Wall St reform.
This is exactly what you are talking about. And that’s just current and high profile….I don’t cite that as a divisive, partisan retort.
But it is an excellent illustration. There was no religious pandering going on there.

No the common denominator is deception. It’s hierarchical dynamics of society.
If you could somehow completely remove religion from the equation, all of your ills and complaints would exist in other forms of expression.
Just like they already do now for the gamut of the societal spectrum.

If you look at the real diametrical opposition between secularists and religious people you only find notional wedge issues.
Abortion, sexuality, freedom of expression. Go ahead list more.
None of those issues will ever be worked out. For either side.
If all of that was gone would the politicians have no more reasons to lie? LOL
No more easy marks to dupe for votes?
There are far more common ground issues that are shared between secular and religious voters.

No, the perceived background stupidity and irrationality will always be there.

Signature 

Now with 20% more surfactants!

Posted: 11 February 2017 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  880
Joined  2016-12-24
VYAZMA - 11 February 2017 08:40 AM

No, the perceived background stupidity and irrationality will always be there.

You have the entire Republican party dedication to denying fundamental scientific facts and objective observations.
Nothing “perceived” about that, its nothing less than stone-stupid.

Posted: 11 February 2017 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5506
Joined  2008-08-14

CC, I see that all you have left is histrionics and name calling.
Whatever thread you occupy all you do is rant and rave and throw around dispersion and insults.

You should take some honest stock in yourself and your opinions and see what your left holding now in this new era.

You have nothing but frantic name calling and insults with anybody who doesn’t tow your ideological line.

Look whose come full circle….our nation’s latest crop of fundamentalists.

Life is going on by you CC, and all you have is your steady line about how the sky is falling and that we should all be afraid.
That’s all you ever peddle. Fear. Hmmmn? Sounds familiar.

Look at the vast majority of your posts. Fear. Doom and gloom.

Signature 

Now with 20% more surfactants!

Posted: 11 February 2017 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  4032
Joined  2014-06-20
Kooltrane - 28 January 2017 04:48 PM

I find it interesting that Dawkins questioned the number of supposed Christians in the US Congress.
Of course 99.9% claim they are devout, however according to Dawkins that is statistically impossible; hence many congressional
reps are lying about their religious beliefs.

Gee. What a shock.

Lying about devoutness is common among Christians. It’s often called lying for Jesus. It may be a tenet of their religion—a serious sin if you don’t lie about how devout you are at every opportunity.

L

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 13 February 2017 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2015-12-10

In this post, http://superscholar.org/features/influential-atheists/
The percent of atheists since with honest statements of scholars have grown more prominent is…15%.

I’d be pleased with that progress.
After reading the 1-7 atheist scale I’ve decided that I am a 7 with the following context:
Defining god as “the creator of man and woman” as known any time in the last 10,000 years or more.
I am 99% sure there is no such creator god because I believe in evolutionary process 99% based on evidence.
The 1% uncertainty is not statistically significant.

Thus I throw out the concept of a creator god completely.
That makes me a 7 with a credible foundation.
I am certain 100% god does not exist.

Signature 

By expanding knowledge of the real, reduce the environmental footprint of of ignorance…in any and every way you most desire.

Posted: 18 February 2017 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

JSmith, are you going to reply to my request in post #19?

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

2 of 2