Prehistory stories
Posted: 02 March 2017 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2015-11-28

Prehistory stories of everything divinely created 6-10 thousand years ago is a sample of a tactic we still use today: if you don’t know, make something up.

Posted: 04 March 2017 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2015-11-28

Born and raised in America where almost everyone believes in one of the 10,000 + denominations of Christianity.  Religions come in and out of existence constantly with recycled variations of beliefs and powers of supernatural beings.

My belief for more than 50 years is in the disciplines of science to understand the relationships of evidential facets of artifacts and fossils to the life styles and perspectives of prehistory and history of Anatomically Modern Humans.

My fascination is the evidence of the Biblical Abrahamic era that offers a rare glimpse into beliefs and visions of AMH who were alive during that time period. 

I believe the evidence of us walking out of Africa on a journey that would span enumerable decades of human generations.  We were hunter gatherers during that time trading stories in a myriad of evolving languages.  Our prehistory stories of beliefs were passed down in oral tradition by our ancestors as our clans traversed the deserts of the Middle East and occasionally crossed paths.

A mainstream of AMH migration out of Africa crossed through the Mesopotamian area of the Middle-East.  Some of our ancestors lingered in the area taking advantage of the plentiful opportunities for hunting-gathering and eventually agronomy.  When writing was invented about 3200 BCE in the Mesopotamian area, converting stories from the migrating nomads to stories inscribed on clay tablets and other medium was very popular.  The inscribed stories would help flow prehistory stories into stories that would be edited centuries later into the Hebrew Bible which will later become the Christian old testament.

There is indisputable evidence that our planet and all species evolved to extinction or remain extant as the flora and fauna of our planet in the 21st century.

The genetic heritage of members of the AMH human species are genetically over 90% the same and many contend as much as 99.9% the same. I know that I am and you are a member of a beautifully evolved species.

Posted: 06 March 2017 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2017-03-06
AMH - 04 March 2017 09:30 AM

There is indisputable evidence that our planet and all species evolved to extinction or remain extant as the flora and fauna of our planet in the 21st century.

Preaching to the choir, aren’t you?

But in the spirit of controversy… I’d like to say that your last statement above is a little inaccurate.
Yeah, I know, it’s a quibble.

It’s just the way you put it, I suppose.

1. Not all species have “evolved to extinction”.
2. Not all species have “remained extant.”

Just sayin’

smile

Posted: 06 March 2017 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2015-11-28

Hi Blastcat. I thought the “or” would mean extinct or extant as in one or the other. Not “all” would be either one.

About the preaching to the choir, there are a lot of members in here that think in terms of believing in God or not. Not many that I know of understand that anything supernatural can only exist in our mind. Not many believe the biblical stories are of the genre of the time and the ancient stories were written for the purposes of ancient people.

Posted: 06 March 2017 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-03-06
AMH - 06 March 2017 07:17 AM

Hi Blastcat. I thought the “or” would mean extinct or extant as in one or the other. Not “all” would be either one.

You wrote:

all species evolved to extinction or remain extant

So, that’s wrong.
Not all species evolved to extinction and not all species remain extant.

Both cases have not happened.

About the preaching to the choir, there are a lot of members in here that think in terms of believing in God or not.

There are many theists in here?
I’d be surprised.

But it’s my very first day.

Not many that I know of understand that anything supernatural can only exist in our mind. Not many believe the biblical stories are of the genre of the time and the ancient stories were written for the purposes of ancient people.

Right, that’s what I was thinking.. CFI members.. how many of them are theists?
If I had to guess.. I’d say not many at all.

smile

Posted: 06 March 2017 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2015-11-28

I don’t know. I think many selectively believe or disbelieve traditional Old/New testament stories.  Most don’t seem to understand that if a person walked out of the desert today babbling about God speaking to them from inside a burning bush the person would be treated for dehydration.

Posted: 06 March 2017 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-03-06
AMH - 06 March 2017 10:27 AM

I don’t know. I think many selectively believe or disbelieve traditional Old/New testament stories.  Most don’t seem to understand that if a person walked out of the desert today babbling about God speaking to them from inside a burning bush the person would be treated for dehydration.

Most who?

Not the atheists..