1 of 4
Is listening a art?
Posted: 15 March 2017 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2007-08-05

To this writer listening is not an art. It is, from what I can tell, an activity of living, and, when dealing with the human perspective, what men speak upon is always subjective because of the objectivity of personal bias of that which has been indoctrinated into their human minds of prattling interpreters of idealism. All idealism is an extension of the ‘sentient Id,’ whose birth child is the human Ego.

A good listener mostly turns out to be an excellent speaker, and discerning of rhetorical prattling.

Signature 

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

You are never alone!

Posted: 17 March 2017 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2017-03-08

Can we learn to listen better?

Signature 

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Posted: 17 March 2017 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2007-08-05

Yes.  Most people hear what another is saying, but do not listen to what is said.  The art of conversation is a two way street.

Signature 

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

You are never alone!

Posted: 17 March 2017 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1987
Joined  2016-12-24

Listening, registering what you’re hearing requires you actively engaging the incoming information.

Not only an Art, but I’ve found it to be survival skill.
Listen, pay attention, learn. . .

I’ve been repeating that sentence - I’m sure I don’t understand it.

Can you explain it?

Posted: 17 March 2017 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2015-11-28

No doubt that we, at least me should pay more attention to statements and questions.

All too often statements and questions are spoken through red-herring filters that complicates the decision for the listener to pay attention.

Happens all the time in forums.

Posted: 18 March 2017 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2007-08-05
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 17 March 2017 07:11 PM

Listening, registering what you’re hearing requires you actively engaging the incoming information.

Not only an Art, but I’ve found it to be survival skill.
Listen, pay attention, learn. . .

I’ve been repeating that sentence - I’m sure I don’t understand it.

Can you explain it?

I agree listening is an art, a survival skill, and the secret behind being “a penny wise, and a pound foolish.”

Listening is not always vocal.  It takes discerning wisdom to hear what a person writes without injecting personal attitudes about character and meaning.  Moreover, with people of all educational backgrounds and cultures posting on forum, grammar, and punctuation should not be an issue.  If ones style of writing bothers one, they should stop reading them, or exit a thread, or do the best they can to understand what is being said should they continue to participate in a discussion.  But attitudes should be left at the door when dealing with a multitude of people.

My signature stems from a person experience, and should not be, and is not an issue in this thread.

Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 18 March 2017 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  4389
Joined  2014-06-20
jufa - 15 March 2017 07:14 PM

To this writer listening is not an art. It is, from what I can tell, an activity of living, and, when dealing with the human perspective, what men speak upon is always subjective because of the objectivity of personal bias of that which has been indoctrinated into their human minds of prattling interpreters of idealism. All idealism is an extension of the ‘sentient Id,’ whose birth child is the human Ego.

A good listener mostly turns out to be an excellent speaker, and discerning of rhetorical prattling.

Yes, and we know who the absolute master of rhetorical prattling is. Prattling, lying and accusing.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 18 March 2017 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2007-08-05

Everyone lies, and prattle, it is the rigorism of the human thought pattern when ego is involved, and ego is always involved in conversations on open forums.  So it is to be expected.
Here we know a dialogue is very different from what we normally call a discussion or debate, for in a dialogue the purpose is to persuade the opposition to adopted definite points of view and to convince each other or compare their outlooks.  So change of mind concerning POV’s should not be an issue.

Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 18 March 2017 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
jufa - 18 March 2017 08:27 AM

My signature stems from a person experience, and should not be, and is not an issue in this thread.

hmmm, what does “issue” have to do with it.

You put it out there, I was just asking.

Pretty straightforward I thought.

No tricks or agendas up my sleeves, simple curiosity.

Posted: 19 March 2017 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-09-13

I don’t know if it deserves to be called an art but if so, it is an art most of us lost a long time age.

Posted: 19 March 2017 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2007-08-05
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 18 March 2017 08:38 PM
jufa - 18 March 2017 08:27 AM

hmmm, what does “issue” have to do with it.

You put it out there, I was just asking.

Pretty straightforward I thought.

No tricks or agendas up my sleeves, simple curiosity.

You Deros have stated it precisely, which is nothing, for it is not a part of the context, nor contents of the topic.  So stick to the topic.

Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 19 March 2017 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  4358
Joined  2009-10-21
jufa - 19 March 2017 10:48 AM

You Deros have stated it precisely, which is nothing, for it is not a part of the context, nor contents of the topic.  So stick to the topic.

Wow. That’s two in a row. You’re going to have trouble making friends ‘round here.

Posted: 19 March 2017 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2007-08-05
Lausten - 19 March 2017 11:45 AM

Wow. That’s two in a row. You’re going to have trouble making friends ‘round here.

Is this what the forum is all about, making friends?  This topic has nothing to do with friendship, it is seeking dialogue for discussion.  Is this incomprehensible.  Is it to much to ask those who enter this thread to stick to the topic?

If my signature is of interest, than state a topic concerning it.

Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 19 March 2017 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Uppity little fella are we.    smirk
Alrightie than, back on ‘topic’

Is listening an art?

art is where you find it.

Art is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts (artworks), expressing the author’s imaginative or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power.[1][2] In their most general form these activities include the production of works of art, the criticism of art, the study of the history of art, and the aesthetic dissemination of art.

Posted: 19 March 2017 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  4358
Joined  2009-10-21
jufa - 19 March 2017 12:06 PM
Lausten - 19 March 2017 11:45 AM

Is this what the forum is all about, making friends?  This topic has nothing to do with friendship, it is seeking dialogue for discussion.  Is this incomprehensible.  Is it to much to ask those who enter this thread to stick to the topic?

If my signature is of interest, than state a topic concerning it.

You’re going to have trouble seeking dialogue ‘round here.

Posted: 19 March 2017 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2S3goIWs0 cheese  kiss

1 of 4