Joined  2007-05-25

finally.

A post.

Posted: 03 April 2017 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2005-01-14
Lausten - 02 April 2017 02:38 PM

Which leads back to the question I asked before. Are you here for dialog? If it doesn’t matter what I think, it appears not. I care very much about what you think, which is why I need to understand your words. When you put an image in my mind of you walking on a wall, defying gravity and stepping over a plumline, I have ask what you are talking about.

For some reason, that image of Jufa walking straight up a wall seem very appropriate.  I picture him in a padded cell, actually.  I have come reluctantly to the conclusion that he doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

Posted: 03 April 2017 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2016-12-24
jdrnd - 02 April 2017 02:56 PM

finally.

A post.

Complaining won’t help, recruit, recruit.  wink

Posted: 03 April 2017 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2016-12-24
Advocatus - 03 April 2017 07:07 AM

Which leads back to the question I asked before. Are you here for dialog? If it doesn’t matter what I think, it appears not. I care very much about what you think, which is why I need to understand your words. When you put an image in my mind of you walking on a wall, defying gravity and stepping over a plumline, I have ask what you are talking about.

For some reason, that image of Jufa walking straight up a wall seem very appropriate.

I get a different image, walking up or down a plumb line, sort of like the old Indian Rope Trick.
Of course for such a plumb line, one needs a very special plumb bob to keep the line taught.

My personal preference
c8f0728e5057eb92f74808cb9f36e89e.jpg

Oh and it comes in a nice little box without corners, how cool.

[ Edited: 03 April 2017 08:46 AM by Citizenschallenge-v.3 ]

Posted: 03 April 2017 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2007-08-05

The both of you would really enjoy watching me levitate.  I’m so good at it, people realize they also are without bound, and that their plumline is the foundation which hold dreams beyond what one can measure.  Come stand in my aura if you don’t know what I talking about.

Signature 

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

You are never alone!

Posted: 03 April 2017 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

200.gif#3

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 03 April 2017 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Joined  2007-08-05

For some reason, that image of Jufa walking straight up a wall seem very appropriate.  I picture him in a padded cell, actually.  I have come reluctantly to the conclusion that he doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

May be its about time you started checking yourself, and is I don’t have a clue about what I talking about, then that means those who reply to my post must also be of the same ilk.

Signature 

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

You are never alone!

Posted: 03 April 2017 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05
jufa - 03 April 2017 03:33 PM

May be its about time you started checking yourself, and is I don’t have a clue about what I talking about, then that means those who reply to my post must also be of the same ilk.

You must have skipped right past the forum rules when you came in. Here, I’ll help you.

CFI Discussion Forum Rules

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

The CFI Forum is operated by the Center for Inquiry, a nonprofit educational and advocacy organization. The Forum supports the interests of CFI by creating an online community of supporters and interested inquirers into CFI’s areas of concern, which can be generally described as advancing the enlightenment project, fostering an evidence-based, scientific outlook and humanist values.

Emphasis mine. This is the wrong place to discuss levitation and auras. Aside from going against everything CFI stands for no one here is going to take your views seriously. See the “evidence-based” part above. Anecdotes do not count as evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You’re making a testable claim. Test it publicly under the eye of a magician and then we’ll listen.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 03 April 2017 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2007-08-05
DarronS - 03 April 2017 03:41 PM

You must have skipped right past the forum rules when you came in. Here, I’ll help you.

CFI Discussion Forum Rules

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

The CFI Forum is operated by the Center for Inquiry, a nonprofit educational and advocacy organization. The Forum supports the interests of CFI by creating an online community of supporters and interested inquirers into CFI’s areas of concern, which can be generally described as advancing the enlightenment project, fostering an evidence-based, scientific outlook and humanist values.

Emphasis mine. This is the wrong place to discuss levitation and auras. Aside from going against everything CFI stands for no one here is going to take your views seriously. See the “evidence-based” part above. Anecdotes do not count as evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You’re making a testable claim. Test it publicly under the eye of a magician and then we’ll listen.

Emphasis mine!!!  Then it is the wrong place for one to be discuss

” Jufa walking straight up a wall seem very appropriate.”

But let be honest and fair here DarronS, there was never a discussion about levitation, it was a passing remark initiated by the extraordinary claim made about seeing jufa “walking straight up a wall.”

That all I have to say about the matter.  Emphasis mine!!!

[ Edited: 03 April 2017 04:02 PM by jufa ]
 Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 03 April 2017 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  4216
Joined  2009-10-21
jufa - 03 April 2017 03:58 PM

But let be honest and fair here DarronS, there was never a discussion about levitation, it was a passing remark initiated by the extraordinary claim made about seeing jufa “walking straight up a wall.”

Bill O’Reilly tactic. Say it, then say you said it for entertainment purposes only.

Posted: 03 April 2017 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2007-08-05
Lausten - 03 April 2017 04:37 PM

Bill O’Reilly tactic. Say it, then say you said it for entertainment purposes only.

I see you see things through one eye.  Levitation was never a discussion.

Its not a Bill O’Reilly tactic, its a Donald Trump lie you has tried to get going.  If I’m wrong, bring forth such a discussion.

Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 04 April 2017 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
jufa - 03 April 2017 08:39 PM
Lausten - 03 April 2017 04:37 PM

I see you see things through one eye.  Levitation was never a discussion.

Its not a Bill O’Reilly tactic, its a Donald Trump lie you has tried to get going.  If I’m wrong, bring forth such a discussion.

I have no idea what you are even asking for here. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you are having trouble the English language and you don’t realize how harsh your words are coming across.

Posted: 04 April 2017 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Joined  2007-08-05

Lausten stated: “I have no idea what you are even asking for here. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you are having trouble the English language and you don’t realize how harsh your words are coming across.”

You were asked to bring up the post were levitation was a discussion, and not just a word used.  Can’t get no more simpler than that for understanding

Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 04 April 2017 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2005-01-14

Oh no, we’re just gluttons for punishment!  smile

I’m just waiting to see you walk straight up a plumb line.  (Maybe if you looked that up in a dictionary, you’d see what brought all this on.  But I know you won’t.  People who don’t know what they’re talking about don’t want to be confused by too many actual facts, do they?)

Posted: 04 April 2017 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
jufa - 04 April 2017 07:07 AM

Lausten stated: “I have no idea what you are even asking for here. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you are having trouble the English language and you don’t realize how harsh your words are coming across.”

You were asked to bring up the post were levitation was a discussion, and not just a word used.  Can’t get no more simpler than that for understanding

I’m not arguing. It was “just a word”, fine, not a discussion. You win. In the future I will remember that you just say words.

3 of 4