4 of 4
Everything in a nice little box
Posted: 04 April 2017 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2007-08-05
Lausten - 04 April 2017 07:22 AM
jufa - 04 April 2017 07:07 AM

Lausten stated: “I have no idea what you are even asking for here. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you are having trouble the English language and you don’t realize how harsh your words are coming across.”

You were asked to bring up the post were levitation was a discussion, and not just a word used.  Can’t get no more simpler than that for understanding

I’m not arguing. It was “just a word”, fine, not a discussion. You win. In the future I will remember that you just say words.

There you go again, using the twisted tongue of Trumpism.  You should also remember I saw you coming while I was sitting in my recline, and started laughing at how you were going to attempt to manipulated something that did not exist. Laugh because you attempted to turn a word into a phase of words.  Ah, the subtlety of indoctrination. 

Anyway, also for your consideration I want you to know. “Never has anything been proven as absolute to me. If there is an absolute it is what I am. I am alive and aware. Religion, science, philosophy, education, politics, none has a base of definition which any person can stand upon and say; This is it for all mankind. Why? because definition[s] is not stabilized. There is never an end to discovery.”

Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa

Signature 

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

You are never alone!

Posted: 04 April 2017 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

Gravity works the same for everyone. Evolution works the same for everyone. Entropy works the same everywhere. Sure, there are no absolute truths, but some things have been proven to work so well and explain nature so well that we can take them for truths even though we can only have 99.99 percent certainty.

One thing I know is true is that communicating on the internet is more complicated than communicating in person. We have no visual or auditory clues has to the intent behind words, all we have or words. When someone posts nonsense then follows it with a snarky comment about levitating with no clues it isn’t serious then the writer has done a poor job communicating. A smiley or a </snark> at then end would make the writer’s intent clear. The writer is responsible for clear communications.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 04 April 2017 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Joined  2007-08-05
DarronS - 04 April 2017 09:10 AM

Gravity works the same for everyone. Evolution works the same for everyone. Entropy works the same everywhere. Sure, there are no absolute truths, but some things have been proven to work so well and explain nature so well that we can take them for truths even though we can only have 99.99 percent certainty.

One thing I know is true is that communicating on the internet is more complicated than communicating in person. We have no visual or auditory clues has to the intent behind words, all we have or words. When someone posts nonsense then follows it with a snarky comment about levitating with no clues it isn’t serious then the writer has done a poor job communicating. A smiley or a </snark> at then end would make the writer’s intent clear. The writer is responsible for clear communications.

Lets be clear here DarronS.  This immediate conversation is not about gravity, it is about one expressing them self in the context of what is being stated.  It is obvious you have an affinity for not understanding it rains on the just and unjust equally.  This is saying “in the land of the blind, a one eyed man can be king.”  It is obvious too, you are not that one eyed man, for you sprout rules of this forum directed to this writer concerning a word seen, from your sightless vision, as a discussion not applicable here.  Lets look at this:

The CFI Forum is operated by the Center for Inquiry. . . which can be generally described as advancing the enlightenment project, fostering an evidence-based, scientific outlook and humanist values.

Just want to know

the enlightenment project, fostering an evidence-based, scientific outlook and humanist value.

on the word God, or soul, heaven, or hell, or their use on this forum by different people that is different from the use of the word levitation?

But not only that, you seem to overlook, not only in my post but one going on now in the Philosophy Section of this forum this issue:

“Trolling” is not allowed. This includes posting derogatory or inflammatory messages with the intent to bait an overheated response, as well as behavior that in the Moderators’ judgement is gratuitously argumentative, combative, or inflammatory with the apparent intent to prolong debate for its own sake rather than promote, defend, or critique a particular idea or point of view. 

You should take notice of your own words about gravity being equally applied to everyone.  The discussion I speak of going on in the Philosophy Section is on non-scientific discovery, or human knowledge of the ‘afterlife’, is applicable to the member posting there as you say it is applicable to me.

Signature 

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

You are never alone!

Posted: 04 April 2017 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05
jufa - 04 April 2017 10:00 AM

You should take notice of your own words about gravity being equally applied to everyone.  The discussion I speak of going on in the Philosophy Section is on non-scientific discovery, or human knowledge of the ‘afterlife’, is applicable to the member posting there as you say it is applicable to me.

You should note that the person who started that thread has been banned for personal attacks. Also, your last comment is a logical fallacy. Look up “tu quoque.”

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 04 April 2017 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Joined  2007-08-05

Why should I note that when personal attacks have been launched against me, even by you, in your fallacy of quoting the rules to me about a word being used, which you falsely stated was a discussion.  And you knew it was a subtle attack. 

I am here to discuss issues.  I am, however, well equipped to defend my integrity, and style of communication.  But no one wants to deal with the contents, nor context is a body of work here.  They want to sketch around the edges, overlook logic and reasoning questions to talk about my signature, when my signature is not a part of the topic at hand, or talk about a plumbline without understanding it can be a vertical as well as horizontal measurement.

So now, with you suppose to be the logical person around here, it would be alright with me if you started a topic of your choice and we can have a deterministic discussion.  Please leave your attitude at the door though.  Let us act out our knowledge instead of our ego. 

Again, I am here to discuss issues, not the petty trifling which has infiltrated the majority of the threads here.  What you say Darrons, shall we “get busy living,” as stated in “The Shawshank Redemption, or “get busy dying.”

[ Edited: 04 April 2017 03:11 PM by jufa ]
 Signature 

You are never alone!

Posted: 04 April 2017 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  4219
Joined  2009-10-21

Typical troll pattern. Throw out a few words, try to get some bites on whatever, we’re not sure what this one believes, then, when nobody buys into it, when it fact they say, “that’s not what we do here”, attack the people. Spend 4 paragraphs talking about how no one is talking. Discuss how this is not a discussion, and that it is everyone else’s fault. One way to figure out how this just won’t work, is to imagine doing that in a room full of adults. Imagine someone at a party throwing a tantrum about how no one will engage them in the topic they choose.

Try picking a topic and sticking to it. When that topic dies out, start a new one. If you run out of topics, you’re in the wrong forum. Google Deepak Chopra.

4 of 4