3 of 3
Do we carry the genetic code from the beginning of life?
Posted: 12 April 2017 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3849
Joined  2009-10-21
CuthbertJ - 12 April 2017 10:14 AM
DarronS - 11 April 2017 12:55 PM

The kindest thing I can say is you have no understanding of physics. Nothing in quantum theory says consciousness plays any role in creating matter. Einstein never said anything about life not being destroyed. E=mc2 simply means matter and energy are interchangeable. As I stated above, energy predates matter. This is purely a physical process. Nothing mystical about it.

I think he was refering to the idea in QT that the act of observation (by a conscious person) actually determines the outcome of various measurements, something like that. I never liked that idea myself, because how did anything happen before there were observers? But that’s a different discussion. My point earlier was, ease up, this guy seems to be speculating on ideas that are tied to real science. Speculating and using prosaic words doesn’t instantly mean we’ve got a fundie or a new age kook here.

It’s not just that I don’t like the thing about observation changes outcome, it’s that it’s wrong. I went to the trouble of reading some books and looking that up to determine what everyone is talking about. Should I not share my results? Should I have to write my own treatise in this forum, showing my work, providing references? Why?

But simpler than that, Bio is missing a basic understanding of the division of the sciences. You can’t say things about thoughts based on Quantum Physics because those two sciences have not been reconciled. If anything, it has been DISproved that your thoughts can affect quantum actions. Amy and Sheldon are trying to prove it in a TV comedy show, but it’s not real science. Bio is taking cosmology and trying to leap to psychology without passing through all the chasms that separate chemistry, geology, biology and I’m sure others. That is the definition of “New Age”; take some common explanation of what actual scientific discoveries mean and connect them in some way that sounds interesting, but don’t bother supporting it with any evidence or data. Then tell people they are close minded when they don’t accept your made up conclusions or aren’t interested in your baseless theory.

Posted: 13 April 2017 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2017-04-03

Some of Einsteins’ quotes include:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

I am sure any reasonable person would not say to Albert that he has no understanding of physics; just because he also has his own perceptions of knowledge, imagination, and curiosity.
But then there were and probably always will be those who find it easier to judge rather than listen.

Thanks to everyone one for your contributions. Please accept my apology if I have offended anyone. This is my last comment on this thread.

Posted: 13 April 2017 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  3849
Joined  2009-10-21
BioPhilo - 13 April 2017 07:55 AM

Some of Einsteins’ quotes include:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

I am sure any reasonable person would not say to Albert that he has no understanding of physics; just because he also has his own perceptions of knowledge, imagination, and curiosity.
But then there were and probably always will be those who find it easier to judge rather than listen.

Thanks to everyone one for your contributions. Please accept my apology if I have offended anyone. This is my last comment on this thread.

As far as I know, you did not “offend” anyone. I don’t understand how that word applies here at all.

Einstein used math to describe what he imagined. His theory was nothing but an idea until he did that. If he wrote a few paragraphs saying “energy and matter are the same thing” and left it at that, we would have never heard of him. If you write up your theory and gain the attention of physicists, then I will apologize to you. But I’m not sure what I’ll be apologizing for. I did nothing here to prevent you from imagining whatever you want. I did nothing to stop you from speculating however you want. I just didn’t encourage you or participate. I had to decide if that was worth my time. I could be wrong, but it’s my choice.

Posted: 25 April 2017 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  7664
Joined  2009-02-26

BioPhilo said,
Which is a good learning curve to experience. Thanks again.

Good idea.

Seems to me that life is defined as a organic substance having the chemical ability to divide and thereby increase in numbers, a probabilistic mathematical function.

Chemical elements have a build-in potential to certain chemical mathematical permissions and restricrions

IMO, “information” sharing as a mathematical sequence started with the first appearance of self-duplicating chemical compounds such as RNA

Today we have made several information carriers (synthetic RNA) in a lab. It does not seem to be an extra-ordinary rare event in the greater mathematical Potential of the Universe
David Bohm’s *Implicate Order”..

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

3 of 3

‹‹ trouble posting      An introduction ››