5 of 11
Why should a person get to define their gender?
Posted: 16 April 2017 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  697
Joined  2010-07-01
DarronS - 16 April 2017 11:12 AM

How do transgender people “greatly affect” you Exmachina?

Since you didn’t answer my question, I’m going to assume that you think men in womans sports is okay.

Posted: 16 April 2017 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

Read the IOC rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/25/ioc-rules-transgender-athletes-can-take-part-in-olympics-without-surgery

I see nothing wrong with this as the scientific concensus is the men who are allowed to compete in women’s sports have no advantage.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 16 April 2017 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  5506
Joined  2008-08-14

There is very little consensus by doctors and scientists on the IOC’s recommendation.
In fact the guidelines went under further scrutiny after that article was written.
The IOC had to come up with arbitrary numbers on the amounts of hormones that TGs are allowed to be tested for.
Seems the sports world isn’t too keen on Doping. Which is exactly what this transgender issue amounts to.
And lot’s of other competing athletes aren’t happy about it either. Go figure!

Doctors and scientists are struggling to find a fair median level at which transgender people keep their artificial hormone levels at.
Period!
So it looks like the Olympics are just bending under social pressure to allow some people to use doping while it is not allowed for others.

The IOC has rushed this through to meet the pressures of Interest groups who threaten revenue streams/advertisers for the IOC.
Because the Olympics are all about money. We see this all the time.

In my brief little research on this matter I saw nothing but articles that eschewed “old science” and did everything they could to
celebrate the cause of diversity and LGBQT rights.

It’s doping plain and simple. Cheating. It’s weird.
What do these levels of intense competition and Identity Disorders do to people?
It’s been going on in the circus of the Olympics for along time.

Signature 

Now with 20% more surfactants!

Posted: 16 April 2017 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
VYAZMA - 16 April 2017 12:49 PM

There is very little consensus by doctors and scientists on the IOC’s recommendation.
In fact the guidelines went under further scrutiny after that article was written.
The IOC had to come up with arbitrary numbers on the amounts of hormones that TGs are allowed to be tested for.
Seems the sports world isn’t too keen on Doping. Which is exactly what this transgender issue amounts to.
And lot’s of other competing athletes aren’t happy about it either. Go figure!

Doctors and scientists are struggling to find a fair median level at which transgender people keep their artificial hormone levels at.
Period!
So it looks like the Olympics are just bending under social pressure to allow some people to use doping while it is not allowed for others.

The IOC has rushed this through to meet the pressures of Interest groups who threaten revenue streams/advertisers for the IOC.
Because the Olympics are all about money. We see this all the time.

In my brief little research on this matter I saw nothing but articles that eschewed “old science” and did everything they could to
celebrate the cause of diversity and LGBQT rights.

It’s doping plain and simple. Cheating. It’s weird.
What do these levels of intense competition and Identity Disorders do to people?
It’s been going on in the circus of the Olympics for along time.

So you can’t ROID up, but it’s ok to roid down.

Posted: 16 April 2017 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
ExMachina - 16 April 2017 04:23 PM

So you can’t ROID up, but it’s ok to roid down.

Who knows?  It’s a circus.
It’s not about sports…it’s more like a reality TV show that whores itself out for ratings.
The good thing is I think we’ve seen the peak of this kind of thing in the Olympics and sports.
It’s more trouble than it’s worth for just about all parties concerned.

I think smarter people can see that it will eventually boil down to Men vs. all comers.
The poor females who devoted their lives to good, clean sport and competition will be left out of the running.
Unless they want to convert over to being a male too….

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2017 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
ExMachina - 16 April 2017 11:27 AM

Since you didn’t answer my question, I’m going to assume that you think men in womans sports is okay.

Because you didn’t answer my question I’m going to assume you agree transgender people don’t affect your life.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 16 April 2017 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
DarronS - 16 April 2017 09:04 PM
ExMachina - 16 April 2017 11:27 AM

Because you didn’t answer my question I’m going to assume you agree transgender people don’t affect your life.

So you do admit that they affect my life in some way?

edit I caught your sarcasm making it a double negative smile

[ Edited: 16 April 2017 09:52 PM by ExMachina ]

Posted: 17 April 2017 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

Are you going to answer the question or just be a smartass?

As for Vyazma’s comments, if being male to female transgender gave athletes an advantage we’d see such people dominating women’s sports. But that is just a red herring to the important issue.

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2017 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
DarronS - 17 April 2017 06:20 AM

As for Vyazma’s comments, if being male to female transgender gave athletes an advantage we’d see such people dominating women’s sports. But that is just a red herring to the important issue.

No, there’s isn’t even enough anecdotal evidence on that issue.
There plenty of other attributes that people have that make them excel in sports. Natural ability, height, training, coaching etc…

Why in the world would you think we would see such people dominating sports? There’s nothing that points towards that.

None of this however takes away from frustration that coaches, athletes and fans have towards this issue.
The competitors don’t want anybody having advantages whether they are gold medalists or also rans.
They don’t want mysteries or question marks. It’s that simple.

That’s probably why the few TG athletes in this past Olympics chose to remain closeted-unknown.
Because it’s like I said above-It’s more trouble than it’s worth, for everybody.

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2017 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

Enough of that red herring. Let’s return to the topic.

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2017 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
DarronS - 17 April 2017 04:22 PM

Now you want out of that box. I got it.

The Topic-“Why should a person get to define their gender?”
I don’t know. Why shouldn’t they?
People can do whatever they want to do.

Signature 

Posted: 17 April 2017 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
VYAZMA - 17 April 2017 05:48 PM
DarronS - 17 April 2017 04:22 PM

Now you want out of that box. I got it.

The Topic-“Why should a person get to define their gender?”
I don’t know. Why shouldn’t they?
People can do whatever they want to do.

Finally we agree on something.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Joined  2010-07-01

I was using the term “us” as in society, but I do take this somewhat personally. I have a very young son who I don’t want to have lopping off his penis, because of people like you telling him that he might be a woman in a mans body. Is that good enough for you?
Probably not. You’re the type of guy who will be willing to tell a child that ALL gender is SUBJECTIVE, and that he may be a woman in a mans body. That actually pisses me off quite a bit. I know this is a shock to a person like you. I’m ok if my SON comes to his own conclusions as to what he believes, but I don’t need jackasses pushing him to a liberal agenda.

[ Edited: 21 April 2017 04:38 AM by ExMachina ]

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Joined  2010-07-01

Red Herring argument = Argument that destroys my argument.

[ Edited: 21 April 2017 04:37 AM by ExMachina ]

Posted: 21 April 2017 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
ExMachina - 20 April 2017 10:31 PM

I was using the term “us” as in society, but I do take this somewhat personally. I have a very young son who I don’t want to have lopping off his penis, because of people like you telling him that he might be a woman in a mans body. Is that good enough for you?
Probably not. You’re the type of guy who will be willing to tell a child that ALL gender is SUBJECTIVE, and that he may be a woman in a mans body. That actually pisses me off quite a bit. I know this is a shock to a person like you. I’m ok if my SON comes to his own conclusions as to what he believes, but I don’t need jackasses pushing him to a liberal agenda.

That’s a straw man argument. No one is pushing your son to believe anything thing. Your paranoia is controlling your thinking.

Signature 

5 of 11