Spam messages.
Posted: 09 May 2017 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7469
Joined  2009-02-26

I heard that several people had problems with rejection of edited pages, getting a rejection message, especially when trying to insert a link, during the preview and correction stage.

I found that if I post the acceptable portions, I can then press “edit” button and add what was the original cause for rejection.
In my case, the system allowed me to add a link, which previously caused the rejection.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 10 May 2017 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2014-06-20
Write4U - 09 May 2017 05:58 PM

I heard that several people had problems with rejection of edited pages, getting a rejection message, especially when trying to insert a link, during the preview and correction stage.

I found that if I post the acceptable portions, I can then press “edit” button and add what was the original cause for rejection.
In my case, the system allowed me to add a link, which previously caused the rejection.

I’ve had corrections rejected even when no link was involved.  If I so much as add a space, fix a misspelled word or add a period or quotation mark, it’s rejected.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 10 May 2017 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
LoisL - 10 May 2017 04:58 PM

I’ve had corrections rejected even when no link was involved.  If I so much as add a space, fix a misspelled word or add a period or quotation mark, it’s rejected.

Lois

Try posting part of your post, if that works ok, then use the edit button to add the rest. I have used that method twice now and it worked both times. Seems that once posted, any edits or additions will make it through.
If that still fails, you can always try to create a second page.

[ Edited: 10 May 2017 06:00 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 10 May 2017 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2014-06-20
Write4U - 10 May 2017 05:54 PM
LoisL - 10 May 2017 04:58 PM

Lois

Try posting part of your post, if that works ok, then use the edit button to add the rest. I have used that method twice now and it worked both times. Seems that once posted, any edits or additions will make it through.
If that still fails, you can always try to create a second page.

Thanks, I’ll try it.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 11 May 2017 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

I just discovered that a *close quote* behind a picture may trigger the rejection.

In a response, I tried and tried, until I saw the *close quote* sign directly behind a picture.
I removed that sign and behold…success!  I did lose that picture though.

see my post #50 in “What is the difference between vision of the silence & Understanding the nature of reality?”

Under Philosophy.

[ Edited: 11 May 2017 01:02 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

W4U

Posted: 22 May 2017 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

Another possibility.

I tried to post a quote from Wiki and it rejected it.  When I removed the reference “From Wiki” it posted the quote just fine.
Perhaps a reference to another website may be triggering the rejection as possible spam. Worth a try.

I love these logical problems. As Livio said; “in mathematics, if you ask the question nicely, you will get an answer”.

[ Edited: 22 May 2017 10:42 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

W4U