Medical Marijuana?
Posted: 26 May 2017 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-05-23

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain golden pineapple [Removed URL as this is too close to spamming which is against the rules. Dougsmith—admin] Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

[ Edited: 26 May 2017 05:02 AM by dougsmith ]

Posted: 26 May 2017 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3650
Joined  2009-10-21

You should be able to find plenty of personal experiences, but that is not evidence. There are a lot of bad claims marijuana, which is sad, because it has some uses.

Posted: 26 May 2017 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

The US government won’t allow clinical trials on marijuana, so research is hard to come by. From what I’ve read about research in Europe marijuana can help with chronic pain, nausea from chemo, and stimulate patients’ appetite. Some people get more anxious, not less, when they light up. Everyone reacts differently. The claims about marijuana curing cancer, glaucoma, diabetes and ingrown toenails are bogus.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 01 June 2017 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1839
Joined  2013-06-01

https://www.cannabis-med.org/?lng=en
go to – Studies and Case Reports
Down load the pdf-file.

Posted: 18 June 2017 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7516
Joined  2009-02-26
DarronS - 26 May 2017 08:12 AM

The US government won’t allow clinical trials on marijuana, so research is hard to come by. From what I’ve read about research in Europe marijuana can help with chronic pain, nausea from chemo, and stimulate patients’ appetite. Some people get more anxious, not less, when they light up. Everyone reacts differently. The claims about marijuana curing cancer, glaucoma, diabetes and ingrown toenails are bogus.

I wonder if a study about increased anxiety has been done in states where marijuana is legal and there is no fear of being caught and thrown in jail.

I read that in Holland, marijuana is used in long term care for the elderly facilities. Apparently it has beneficial effects, or else it would certainly be medically prohibited.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U