5 of 11
Do Western Women Reveal Too Much of Their Body?
Posted: 13 July 2017 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  278
Joined  2017-05-04
Beltane - 11 July 2017 08:09 PM
LoisL - 09 July 2017 10:20 PM
Beltane - 09 July 2017 04:43 PM
webplodder - 09 July 2017 03:26 AM

I agree, but I think it’s a little naive to assume every woman who dresses in a sexy way is dumb.

Lois is probably referring to “book smarts”. Women who dress “inappropriately” are socially smart and know exactly what they’re doing.

I don’t know that I’d call that “socially smart” either. It isn’t socially smart to disturb people. I think it can amount to abuse. If they had any sense they wouldn’t do something to cause disturbance and discomfort. Even women can be disturbed by provocative dress and the effect it has on men. I, for one, don’t like to see men provoked. It causes bad behavior in the men, which disturbs women, too. I prefer a calmer atmosphere in most venues, most especially in a classroom setting. Most women do it for an ego trip, knowing they will create a disturbance. That isn"t being socially smart in my opiniom. It’s deliberately causing a disturbance and they are usually well-aware of what they are doing.

Seems like you’re describing a lack of social courtesy rather than social stupidity. If what those women do amounts to a disturbance, then it’s a disturbance hardly anybody cares about. And ultimately they’re successful in getting what they want.

The problem is men are such weak creatures when it comes to women. They seem to want both a sexual partner and a mother-figure. Women, of course, play on this and know what power they have over men, which is why they are resistant to modesty. It’s a power game and women are experts at it.

Posted: 13 July 2017 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2017-06-25
Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain - 12 July 2017 02:40 PM

I think the real issue of not revealing too much of one’s body is a matter of getting people’s attention for what one thinks and does over how one looks.

Why not let women do their own calculations on that?  Why are your opinions on their dress needed?

Signature 

Countdown To Zero - Nuclear Weapons Documentary

Posted: 13 July 2017 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  2016-12-24
webplodder - 13 July 2017 02:33 PM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 13 July 2017 05:18 AM
webplodder - 12 July 2017 11:58 PM

It is the equivalent of playing loud music in public when it is not wanted.

Nonsense.
It more like equivalent to your personal hang up thingie - and yes keep that volume down there are ordinances.

What’s wrong with being sensitive to other people’s feelings? Is this all about me??

Wait a minute - you’re the one making this all about your opinion that you understand God and thus your opinion of a woman’s modesty is sacrosanct or something.

Think about it,
in your head you can find no difference between someone driving down a street blaring their sound system at 110 decibels
and a pretty girl who on that particular day decided for whatever the heck reason to dress provocatively.

You could easily look away from the lady,
but the screaming sound invades every space and can’t be escaped.
Again you could easily look away from the lady, but you won’t, your eye’s will leer and you will hate her for your own weakness.

-excuse me-
I’ll take an eccentric goddess enjoying a fashion blow out to your dark monstrosities any day.

[ Edited: 13 July 2017 07:16 PM by Citizenschallenge-v.3 ]

Posted: 13 July 2017 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2015-03-13
webplodder - 13 July 2017 02:52 PM

The problem is men are such weak creatures when it comes to women. They seem to want both a sexual partner and a mother-figure. Women, of course, play on this and know what power they have over men, which is why they are resistant to modesty. It’s a power game and women are experts at it.

That is an utterly foolish statement. What in the world is ‘resistant to modesty’? Civilized men can control themselves when they look at a pretty woman wear a revealing dress; and they do not feel the need to force her to dress modestly. Thus, there is no question of being ‘resistant’ to modesty. Men that cannot control themselves should be barred from the civilized world if they were born and raised in a jungle; if they were born in the civilized world, they should be punished according to the laws of the civilized world.

[ Edited: 13 July 2017 07:27 PM by Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain ]

Posted: 14 July 2017 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Joined  2017-05-04
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 13 July 2017 04:27 PM
webplodder - 13 July 2017 02:33 PM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 13 July 2017 05:18 AM
webplodder - 12 July 2017 11:58 PM

It is the equivalent of playing loud music in public when it is not wanted.

Nonsense.
It more like equivalent to your personal hang up thingie - and yes keep that volume down there are ordinances.

What’s wrong with being sensitive to other people’s feelings? Is this all about me??

Wait a minute - you’re the one making this all about your opinion that you understand God and thus your opinion of a woman’s modesty is sacrosanct or something.

Think about it,
in your head you can find no difference between someone driving down a street blaring their sound system at 110 decibels
and a pretty girl who on that particular day decided for whatever the heck reason to dress provocatively.

You could easily look away from the lady,
but the screaming sound invades every space and can’t be escaped.
Again you could easily look away from the lady, but you won’t, your eye’s will leer and you will hate her for your own weakness.

-excuse me-
I’ll take an eccentric goddess enjoying a fashion blow out to your dark monstrosities any day.

You can look away from the lady, yes, but it’s already too late as the emotional impact of seeing a sexy lady has been registered.

Posted: 14 July 2017 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Joined  2017-05-04
Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain - 13 July 2017 06:07 PM
webplodder - 13 July 2017 02:52 PM

That is an utterly foolish statement. What in the world is ‘resistant to modesty’? Civilized men can control themselves when they look at a pretty woman wear a revealing dress; and they do not feel the need to force her to dress modestly. Thus, there is no question of being ‘resistant’ to modesty. Men that cannot control themselves should be barred from the civilized world if they were born and raised in a jungle; if they were born in the civilized world, they should be punished according to the laws of the civilized world.

So you don’t agree that some women use their sexuality to influence men?

Posted: 14 July 2017 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2017-05-04
Tanny - 13 July 2017 04:02 PM
Sukhamaya (Sam) Bain - 12 July 2017 02:40 PM

I think the real issue of not revealing too much of one’s body is a matter of getting people’s attention for what one thinks and does over how one looks.

Why not let women do their own calculations on that?  Why are your opinions on their dress needed?

Women can’t take advice? That seems arrogant to me.

Posted: 14 July 2017 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Joined  2017-06-25
webplodder - 14 July 2017 12:08 AM

Nobody takes advice they didn’t ask for.  What woman who was dressing “inappropriately” would read this thread and then change her style?

Much of this thread seems to presume that such women are dumb, or appear dumb.  I think this thread is dumb, or appears dumb. 

Again I ask, do men reveal too much of their minds?  In this thread, yes.

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2017 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
webplodder - 14 July 2017 12:04 AM

You can look away from the lady, yes, but it’s already too late as the emotional impact of seeing a sexy lady has been registered.

Yeah a beautiful woman, especially provocatively dressed one, yes, the male mind registers beautiful sexy woman. 
Perhaps even occasionally a fleeting eye to eye passes between you and said goddess and damned that particularly cuties registers down in your body. 

Know what I do, and I suspect all healthy males do, enjoy the sensation of still being alive while moving along.
Its all a part of being a human and part of a vibrant community.

But then I’ve gone through life by entirely different code of ethics than I think you can imagine.

For instance here’s been a wonderful golden rule I formulated in my twenties and oh boy, lordie has it served me quite well these past decades.

“I don’t want anything from anyone that they don’t want to offer me.”
Living that attitude makes dust of all your anguished contrivances.

Take responsibility for yourself - stop expecting others to babysit you.

[ Edited: 14 July 2017 07:17 AM by Citizenschallenge-v.3 ]

Posted: 14 July 2017 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
Tanny - 14 July 2017 05:01 AM

Nobody takes advice they didn’t ask for.  What woman who was dressing “inappropriately” would read this thread and then change her style?

Much of this thread seems to presume that such women are dumb, or appear dumb.  I think this thread is dumb, or appears dumb. 

Also it seems to presume there is such A woman.

Every day we dress differently.
Why not step out on the wild once in a while. 
Again, it’s part of being a vibrant human.

Posted: 14 July 2017 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2012-04-25

How about let’s put this in another way. Why do corporations have dress codes? And if you work for a company that doesn’t, what would you say if a coworker, male or female, showed up in nothing but a thong.

Posted: 14 July 2017 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Joined  2017-06-25
CuthbertJ - 14 July 2017 09:53 AM

How about let’s put this in another way. Why do corporations have dress codes? And if you work for a company that doesn’t, what would you say if a coworker, male or female, showed up in nothing but a thong.

What other people wear or don’t wear is none of my business. 

In fact, I’m totally naked under my clothes all day every day, and nothing I’ve read here will change my style!

Naked, naked, naked, nekkid, nekkid, nekkid!!  Get over it everyone.  :-0

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2017 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Joined  2017-05-04
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 14 July 2017 07:12 AM
webplodder - 14 July 2017 12:04 AM

Yeah a beautiful woman, especially provocatively dressed one, yes, the male mind registers beautiful sexy woman. 
Perhaps even occasionally a fleeting eye to eye passes between you and said goddess and damned that particularly cuties registers down in your body. 

Know what I do, and I suspect all healthy males do, enjoy the sensation of still being alive while moving along.
Its all a part of being a human and part of a vibrant community.

But then I’ve gone through life by entirely different code of ethics than I think you can imagine.

For instance here’s been a wonderful golden rule I formulated in my twenties and oh boy, lordie has it served me quite well these past decades.

“I don’t want anything from anyone that they don’t want to offer me.”
Living that attitude makes dust of all your anguished contrivances.

Take responsibility for yourself - stop expecting others to babysit you.

Very ethical. I applaud you.  grin

Posted: 14 July 2017 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Joined  2017-05-04
Tanny - 14 July 2017 05:01 AM

I somehow get the feeling you’re a woman Tanny.  red face

Posted: 14 July 2017 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Joined  2017-05-04
Tanny - 14 July 2017 09:58 AM
CuthbertJ - 14 July 2017 09:53 AM

What other people wear or don’t wear is none of my business. 

In fact, I’m totally naked under my clothes all day every day, and nothing I’ve read here will change my style!

Naked, naked, naked, nekkid, nekkid, nekkid!!  Get over it everyone.  :-0

Oh boy, I’m getting a little flushed here.  cheese

5 of 11