2 of 3
false?,,,,,,why?
Posted: 10 August 2017 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2017-05-08

The Perspective of Islam and Christianity

Proverbs 31: 6-7 “” Give intoxicating liquor, you people, to the one about to perish, and wine to those who are bitter of soul . Let one drink and forget one’s poverty, and let one remember one’s own trouble no more.”“

Genesis 9:21-22 “” And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.”“

Genesis 9:24 “” And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.”“

Genesis 19:32 “” Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.”“

Numbers 6:20 “” And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder: and after that the Nazarite may drink wine.”“

Numbers 28:7 “” And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering.”“

The Holy Quran, 5:90-91 “You who believe! Intoxicants and Gambling, all are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Eschew such abomination, that you may prosper. Satan’s plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of God, and from prayer; will you not then abstain?”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6wE0eWSyEs

Posted: 05 September 2017 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Joined  2017-05-08

Someone told me
As-Salāmu Alaykum my Brother

Thank for sharing this.Alcohol and drugs are evil tools used for profit with a government tax and seal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXXzPsdG-o
Your videos are true these things eat away at the heart, brain, liver, lungs etc… and are a false solace in the moments of sadness, grief, or disappointment. It is another thing that keeps us from achieving ” being all one can be.” The mind has to clear. The problems in life no matter how unpleasant or ugly. Must be acknowledged first, looked at in some detail and taken on in such a manner to eliminate or greatly minimize so things become manageable. Drugs and alcohol cloud judgement, and disorients people.

Tell me true or false?,,,,,,why?

You give a very balanced outline of the teaching of the Quran and of the Bible.
You provided statistics, and of course information about alcohol and drug abuse I know is true.

I was taught and learned at a very early age that it is not right to be judgmental of what others do, or think. My mother taught me that. I sat with her possibly more than my other siblings and talked. I wanted to truly know my mother. I asked her questions because I could as a child sense her pain. She would not like many others show it outright on her face or in words. I sensed it. I knew so I would ask.

She shared what she knew and understood of my father. She told me of how they met, how much he actually loved her and some of the words he used telling her how pretty she was.
How he fought a good fight, and bit a policeman on the leg. He fought on his feet and on the ground. But a physical fight is different from a psychological one. I think after he did his tour in WWII in Germany. He possibly came back different.
Racism in America’s military, tolerating mistreatment at home in America and abroad as less than. Can take it’s toll.

Made him bitter somewhat and he lost sight of humility. Men often have no other man he can actually speak to. Not in a way where he can say. That hurt me. That is hurtful and unacceptable. That or this is not fair. You are told “life is not fair” get used to it. Be a man, suck it up. Your acting like a girly-man stuff. So men hold in those pains and it materializes elsewhere in their lives. No man or woman can bottle up unhappiness, pain and mistreatment and expect it to not manifest in some other behavior or manner. By not having outlets, being able to say or share your feelings causes more problems. when a lady tries to share her. Some men will do the same to hers. Shut them down.

I believe It’s a false notion and understanding that men should not feel pain, feel bad, get scared as a man. A man with wisdom and understanding of himself and life ( eyes open and conscious to his influences ) of course knows how to work through those emotions and channel them in a proper manner so that no more loss or harm is done.
While my father was alive, I talked with him as much as possible. In many ways ( emotionally ) he was absent. He laughed and he had wisdom. He is survived by my mother, five sisters and four boys.. this includes me. We all speak well of him. Honor our father and mother. We loved him until his last days and he knew this because we said to him we loved him.

He taught me Humility. Which is based on not being centered on the self. Think of how someone else would react, respond or feel about some of the things you do.

But Alcohol kept him from practicing what he preached. My father was an alcoholic.

Sober during his working hours but drunk after. He held a lot of pain in his understanding and in life. Racism I know played a part. Pressures at work or just the responsibilities it takes to be a man can be daunting to some. How he tried to remain humble, had to be humble and still be a Man in America. For African Americans this is still an issue. Many drink in excess to escape the pain of poverty and mistreatment experienced. Retreating into this false world of feel good, good feeling while under the influence. Only to wake to more or another stressful nightmare.

Happiness like time is fleeting. You can chase them, can’t contain either, but want more.

This led to him spending more time in the streets drinking with his Fair-weather friends - A friend who is only a friend when circumstances are pleasant or profitable for them. Who supports others only when it is easy and convenient to do so.

Instead of coming home where he could close the door. Not expect to be judged. Where he could have expressed what he felt and grew stronger against that which stood against him. Supported by those he cared about, that cared about him and were in his life. But in his generation he was taught a man has to bottle up all ills.

Not being at home where he could close the door and leave the problems outside. His years of abuse caught up and seriously disabled him. I have five sisters, three brothers. We love him no less.
We have a saying in America ” a rolling stone gathers no moss.” My father was a rolling stone.
So this prompted me early in life to really pay attention to behavior and know when there may be unspoken things happening in the lives of those around me. That may need addressing, discussed or pointed out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussVe9ZRFMg

Posted: 03 October 2017 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2017-05-08

The calendar year of Islam begins not with the birthday of our prophet (peace be on him), not from the time that the revelation came to him (Bethat) nor from the time of his ascension to heaven, but with the migration (Hijra) from an undesirable environment into a desirable place to fulfill Allah’s command. It was migration from a plot that was set by the leaders of the Quraysh who were plotting to kill prophet Muhammad, and to destroy the truth that today is being conveyed to mankind everywhere against tyranny and injustice. Their purpose was to destroy the foundation of the Islamic state, the Sunnah of the tradition of the prophet, and to prevent the revelation being delivered by Allah’s messenger to mankind.

The Islamic calendar is reckoned from the time of migration (Hijra) of Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) from Mecca to Madina. The Prophet’s decision to migrate from Mecca came after several years of inhuman treatment of the faithful by the powerful tribes who were united despite all their feuds to stop the spread of Islam.

Prophet Mohammad’s decision to leave Mecca coincided with the infidel’s plan to assassinate him. In 622 AD, the Quresh tribesmen held a meeting and decided that a band of young men, one from each tribe, should assassinate Prophet Mohammad collectively so that their responsibility for the murder could not be placed on any particular tribe.

On the eventful night, the Prophet asked his cousin Ali Ben Abutalib to take his place in bed to make the Meccans think that he was asleep. The Prophet himself slipped out unobserved alongwith his loyal follower Abu Bakr (who was chosen as the first C aliph after the death of the prophet). They secretly made their way to a cave named Thawr, not far from Mecca and lay in hiding there for a day or two until Abu Bakr’s son reported that the search for him had been given up. Then the two set out from Madina on camel back. They reached Quba, on the edge of the Madina oasis, on 12th Rabiul Awwal. With Mohammad’s arrival in Quba a new phase of his career and glory of Islam started.

This migration has a special significance in the history of Islam. It ended the Meccan period of humiliation and torture and began the era of success. His own people to whom he preached Islam for 13 years neglected the Prophet of Islam. But he was cordially received in Madina as an honored chief.

In Madina his power enhanced day by day. Here he was not only the religious leader but took the role of a politician and statesman too. Prophet Mohammad expired ten years after his migration to Madina but only in one decade he changed the course of human history.

In view of this special significance of the Prophet’s migration the consultative body advised the Second Islamic Caliph, Omar ben Khattab, to start the Islamic year from the date of migration of the Prophet from Mecca to Madina.

According to early Moslem scholars, Abu Musa Al Shari drew attention of Omar to an improperly dated debenture or IOU which was payable in the month of Shaban but it was not clear which Shaban was actually meant, the present one or the coming one. Omar called the dignitaries for consultation who made several suggestions to begin the Islamic calendar.

Ali (who later became the fourth caliph) suggested the Hijra as the beginning of the Islamic year with Moharram as its first month. Consequently, Caliph Omar in 21 A.H. or 641 A.D introduced the Islamic calendar in its present form.

QURANIC GUIDANCE

The guidance about the Islamic calendar is taken from the following verses from the Holy Quran: (In the name of GOD most gracious and most merciful)

“Lo the number of the months with God is twelve months.” IX:36.

“They ask thee, of new moons. Say: They are fixed seasons for mankind and for the pilgrimage.” II:189.

“He it is who appointed the sun a splendor and the moon a light, and measured for her stages, that ye might know the number of the years, and the reckoning.” X:5

The Islamic Calendar of 12 Lunar Months is determined by observation of the new moon with no effort by intercalation (addition) or other means to synchronize the Lunar year with the Solar year.

Seerah of Prophet Muhammed 27 - The Hijrah - Emigration to Madinah - Yasir Qadhi | March 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utKZzIWZ0I4

Posted: 03 October 2017 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2017-05-08

A scientific study proved that human may be affected by what he or she believe even if it is wrong and just thinking in a fake thing may affect our behavior……

A research performed by Seema Assefi and Maryanne Garry, two psychologists at Victoria University in New Zealand illustrated that human memory can be affected by alcohol.

Tests showed that participants in an experiment who were told they were drinking vodka, but were not, were more swayed by misleading information and more certain their memory was correct than those who were told they were drinking tonic water. Dr Garry says the research has given new insights into how human memory works and how both social and non-social influences can affect a person’s recall of events.

“What we have done is that we have made people’s memory worse by telling them that they were intoxicated even though they had drunken nothing stronger than plain flat tonic water with limes,” he adds.

In the study, 148 students were split into two groups, half being told they were getting vodka and tonic and the rest told they were getting just tonic. In reality, all were getting just plain tonic. The research was carried out in a bar-like room equipped with bartenders, vodka bottles, tonic bottles, and glasses.

Researchers poured flat tonic water from sealed vodka bottles to appear genuine. The deception was completed by rimming glasses with limes dunked in vodka

After consuming their drinks, the students watched a sequence of slides depicting a crime. They also read a summary of the crime that contained misleading information.

Scientists say that just thinking about Alcohol can make people tipsy

“We found people who thought they were intoxicated were more suggestible and made worse eyewitnesses compared with those who thought they were sober,” Seema Assefi says. “In fact the ‘vodka and tonic’ students acted drunk, some even showing physical signs of intoxication,” she adds.

“When students were told the true nature of the experiment at the completion of the study, many were amazed that they had only received plain tonic, insisting that they had felt drunk at the time,” she comments. Dr Garry concludes: “It showed that even thinking you’ve been drinking affects your behavior

Some figures about Alcohol consumption in United Kingdom

Statistics in 2003 showed the following figures about alcohol around the UK:

• One in three men and one in five women fail to drink sensibly.

• Youngsters are starting to binge-drink at an earlier age.as the binge-drinking period that was once confined to the late teens runs from 16 to 24.

• Officials say that the government would have to increase spending on alcohol services from £100m to £300m.

• Governmental reports say that Britain’s binge drinking culture is costing the country £20 billion a year and 17 million working days are lost to hangovers and drink-related illness each year.

• Billions more are spent clearing up alcohol-related crime and social problems. In addition, alcohol-related problems are responsible for 22,000 premature deaths each year and Up to1.3 million children are affected by parents with drink problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ3DQFSaiJg

Posted: 07 October 2017 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7757
Joined  2009-02-26

koto said,
Someone told me
As-Salāmu Alaykum my Brother

Thank for sharing this. Alcohol and drugs are evil tools used for profit with a government tax and seal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXXzPsdG-o
Your videos are true these things eat away at the heart, brain, liver, lungs etc… and are a false solace in the moments of sadness, grief, or disappointment. It is another thing that keeps us from achieving ” being all one can be.” The mind has to clear. The problems in life no matter how unpleasant or ugly. Must be acknowledged first, looked at in some detail and taken on in such a manner to eliminate or greatly minimize so things become manageable. Drugs and alcohol cloud judgement, and disorients people.

Tell me true or false?,,,,,,why?

You give a very balanced outline of the teaching of the Quran and of the Bible.
You provided statistics, and of course information about alcohol and drug abuse I know is true.

From wiki;

In spite of these restrictions on substance use, tobacco and caffeine are still widely used throughout many Muslim nations.

Many Christian denominations disapprove of the use of most illicit drugs. Many denominations permit the moderate use of socially and legally acceptable drugs like alcohol, caffeine and tobacco. Some Christian denominations permit smoking tobacco, while others disapprove of it. Many denominations do not have any official stance on drug use, some more-recent Christian denominations (e.g. Mormons, Seventh-day Adventists and Jehovah’s Witnesses) discourage or prohibit the use of any of these substances.

Because Jesus and many Biblical figures drank wine, most Christian denominations do not require teetotalism.

The keyword in your posit is: “drug abuse”. No one would dispute that abuse of anything is harmful and moderation in all things is beneficial.

But psycho-active drugs have been “used” for thousands of years for religious rituals, medicinal purposes, and to gain new scientific or philosophical perspectives.

Native Americans used peyote on special occasions. In Fiji, sharing Kava is communal ritual of fellowship. Carl Sagan used marijuana to gain new perspectives of Cosmological functions. In medicine, dangerously addictive drugs are routinely prescribed for pain or depression.

Drug “addiction and abuse” is often the unintended result of medical prescriptions for pain or depression. Witness the current opioid addiction in the general population.  Islam prohibits all drugs that are not medically prescribed, but some of these medically prescriptions are opioid based.

Let’s not forget that these sweeping declarations forbidding the use of certain naturally occurring psych-active substances are at best relative, often to maintain religious influence and power, but do not seem to have contributed much to “peace on earth”.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 08 October 2017 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

koko said,
Scientists say that just thinking about Alcohol can make people tipsy

“We found people who thought they were intoxicated were more suggestible and made worse eyewitnesses compared with those who thought they were sober,” Seema Assefi says. “In fact the ‘vodka and tonic’ students acted drunk, some even showing physical signs of intoxication,” she adds.

“When students were told the true nature of the experiment at the completion of the study, many were amazed that they had only received plain tonic, insisting that they had felt drunk at the time,” she comments. Dr Garry concludes: “It showed that even thinking you’ve been drinking affects your behavior

Yes, you may want to have a look at the “mirror neural system” of the brain. From Wiki;

A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an animal acts and when the animal observes the same action performed by another.[1][2][3] Thus, the neuron “mirrors” the behavior of the other, as though the observer were itself acting. Such neurons have been directly observed in primate species.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 10 October 2017 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2017-05-08

Why increasing numbers of young people drinking alcohol

1 - as a result of peer pressure and tradition (the influence of friends).
2 - some people have false beliefs that drinking alcohol makes them feel happy and helps them to spend a good time and eliminates shame.
3 - as a result of being bored and looking for excitement in life.
4 - Some people believe that alcohol abuse will help to overcome the problems
5 - role models bad young man’s family who are abusing alcohol and encourage it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUm7GBilQ0w

Posted: 13 October 2017 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2017-07-06
koto - 10 October 2017 10:57 PM

2 - some people have false beliefs that drinking alcohol makes them feel happy and helps them to spend a good time and eliminates shame.
5 - role models bad young man’s family who are abusing alcohol and encourage it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUm7GBilQ0w

politically islam is extremely right wing

Posted: 13 October 2017 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
koto - 10 October 2017 10:57 PM

Do you believe sharia law is the answer?

Sharia, Islamic sharia or Islamic law is the religious legal system governing the members of the Islamic faith. It is derived from the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith. The term sharia comes from the Arabic language term sharīʿah, which means a body of moral and religious law derived from religious prophecy, as opposed to human legislation.

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 18 October 2017 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2017-05-08

Shariah is the law of the Qur’an and literally means “A path to life giving water.” In fact, the word Yarrah (i.e. the root of the Hebrew word Torah) means precisely the same thing. Therefore, Shariah is actually ingrained in Abrahamic tradition.

Shariah is comprised of five main branches: adab (behavior, morals and manners), ibadah (ritual worship), i’tiqadat (beliefs), mu’amalat (transactions and contracts) and ‘uqubat (punishments). These branches combine to create a society based on justice, pluralism and equity for every member of that society. Furthermore, Shariah forbids that it be imposed on any unwilling person. Islam’s founder, Prophet Muhammad, demonstrated that Shariah may only be applied if people willingly apply it to themselves—never through forced government implementation.

Additionally, the Qur’an does not promote any specific form of government, but requires that the form people choose must be based on adl or “absolute justice.” The Qur’an says, “Verily, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency and manifest evil and transgression. He admonishes you that you may take heed” (16:91). Notice, religious preference is never mentioned. Therefore, in ruling with absolute justice, for example, the righteous Jewish King Solomon ruled as a just monarch based on this fundamental principle of Shariah Law—justice.

Shariah law champions absolute freedom of conscience and freedom of religion. For example, the Qur’an goes as far as to oblige Muslims to fight on behalf of Jews, Christians and people of other faiths and to protect their churches, synagogues and temples from attack. (22:41) Furthermore, Shariah holds that to be a Muslim, a person must testify to the truth of all past prophets, including Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Krishna and Buddha—and must respect their adherents. When Prophet Muhammad peacefully became the ruler of Arabia, his primary condition for non-Muslims (and Muslims) to reside in Arabia was that they allow all people of all faiths—be they Jews, Christians, Muslims or idol worshipers—to worship in peace and without oppression.

Such countries have ignored the fundamental tenet of justice inherent in Shariah Law, and have instead used Shariah as an excuse to gain power and sanction religious extremism. To be sure, not a single example of a “Shariah compliant” country exists. In fact, the most “Muslim country” in the world is likely America, because America guarantees freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of expression and freedom of thought—all hallmarks of Shariah Law. Those nations that oppress in the name of Shariah are as justified in their claims, as the slave owners who claimed their right to slavery was based on the Bible.

As for the “violent” verses from the Qur’an that are cited by both extremists and critics—honest legal interpretation abhors quoting an excerpt as a means to understand the full law. Unfortunately, both extremists and critics refuse to adhere to this basic principle. In sum, Shariah law guides a Muslim’s personal relationship with God, just as the Old and New Testaments guide Jews and Christians in their personal relationships with God. These paths to life-giving water are nothing to fear.

SHARIAH - BARBARIC OR PERFECT? | LECTURE | DR ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSawkIro_Oc

Posted: 18 October 2017 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2017-05-08

(1) nose :

And nose as we know is a member of smell in the human body whereby one can distinguish between different smells , have been found to abuse alcohol addiction weaken that sense the task , which could eventually lead to the loss of such grace

Also cause injury to the nose in the wine tumor bullosa (Rhinophyma) or what is known as nose Drunkard , where deformation occurs deep in the nose may require him to make it a facelift .

(2) the pharynx :

Is a corridor which fork to each of the esophagus ( food that connects to the stomach ) and the larynx and trachea

And cause the wine to the side of the injury recurring inflammation pharynx (Pharyngitis) , which makes the patient hates his life as a result of repeated where infected with difficulty in swallowing permanently , in addition to other symptoms.

Scientific research has shown the role of alcohol in cancer of the pharynx .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX8kNIO0g3Q

Posted: 18 October 2017 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  4268
Joined  2014-06-20
Advocatus - 28 July 2017 10:10 AM
koto - 27 July 2017 04:14 AM

May Allah bless us all and purify our hearts from all misunderstanding, malice, hate and anger.

This is something I agree with 100 percent!

Except for the Allah part. It would be nice if we were all “purified” of those things but appealing to a nonexistent god isn’t going to do ithe trick. We’re on our own.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 18 October 2017 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
LoisL - 18 October 2017 06:29 AM

May Allah bless us all and purify our hearts from all misunderstanding, malice, hate and anger.

Except for the Allah part. It would be nice if we were all “purified” of those things but appealing to a nonexistent god isn’t going to do ithe trick. We’re on our own.

I agree, such moral trespasses cannot be controlled by enforcement based on a specific philosophy or religious conviction.

If you do, then also acknowledge the flaws contained in the Quran. See the;

The Skeptics annotated Bible and Quran

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 18 October 2017 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  4074
Joined  2009-10-21
Write4U - 18 October 2017 07:28 AM

I agree, such moral trespasses cannot be controlled by enforcement based on a specific philosophy or religious conviction.

I listened to a Sam Harris interview with a guy who tries to bring a modern message out of the Bible stories. Sam let him go for a while, but then started pushing back. He compared it to Buddhism, where you can lift some secular messages out of the text with very little effort. I think the Koran requires a lot more stripping away of the miraculous, the antiquated and just plain wrong. But I haven’t actually studied it so I can’t say for sure.

Here’s an example from my sermon helper, for 1 Peter 3:13-22, where I pick a half sentence out of a Lectionary entry. Most of it is about who Jesus is and why you should believe, but there is a bit on how to conduct yourself in a debate that is actually useful.

Posted: 18 October 2017 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
Lausten - 18 October 2017 10:51 AM
Write4U - 18 October 2017 07:28 AM

I listened to a Sam Harris interview with a guy who tries to bring a modern message out of the Bible stories. Sam let him go for a while, but then started pushing back. He compared it to Buddhism, where you can lift some secular messages out of the text with very little effort. I think the Koran requires a lot more stripping away of the miraculous, the antiquated and just plain wrong. But I haven’t actually studied it so I can’t say for sure.

Here’s an example from my sermon helper, for 1 Peter 3:13-22, where I pick a half sentence out of a Lectionary entry. Most of it is about who Jesus is and why you should believe, but there is a bit on how to conduct yourself in a debate that is actually useful.

Citing verifiable facts is usually a good foundation for an honest debate.

Signature 

W4U

2 of 3