Giving voice to R Dawkins: Help me understand
Posted: 26 July 2017 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2015-12-10

A single radio station pre-empts him abruptly.
His new book sales may have to find a new venue or…they may skyrocket with the publicity!!! Likely the later.

A message of grave importance goes out to all CFI members to donate and stop the madness now…here is my reply
I invite opposing views:

Hi:
I’m looking for direct cause and effect in your note.
Dawkins was dumped by a former station that favored his views, among others.
Donations are made to his foundation and CFI to send a message.
This money is matched.
This double the money up to 100K (200K total) will do what..exactly?

More of what has been done that still….got RD canned?

Just asking for clarification.
Jim

Signature 

By expanding knowledge of the real, reduce the environmental footprint of of ignorance…in any and every way you most desire.

Posted: 26 July 2017 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4063
Joined  2009-10-21

I assume wherever you saw this solicitation there was an answer to that question. Maybe you could respond to that instead of this weird rhetorical diatribe.

Posted: 26 July 2017 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2015-12-10
Lausten - 26 July 2017 10:10 AM

I assume wherever you saw this solicitation there was an answer to that question. Maybe you could respond to that instead of this weird rhetorical diatribe.

Your reply is void of content. Your reply is insulting.
I’m sorry you see yourself in this empty insulting manner.

Signature 

By expanding knowledge of the real, reduce the environmental footprint of of ignorance…in any and every way you most desire.

Posted: 26 July 2017 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
JSmith - 26 July 2017 06:35 PM
Lausten - 26 July 2017 10:10 AM

Your reply is void of content. Your reply is insulting.
I’m sorry you see yourself in this empty insulting manner.

Much like your post

Posted: 26 July 2017 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2017-06-24

I have to agree with Lausten that your post is rather obtuse. Presumably you are talking about KPFA radio. Why not say so?
Stop the madness may refer to an anti-drug video or a program to support kids and families - or something else I couldn’t find. Why not be clear about what you mean and identify your source?
Whose note are you referring to?
Is KPFA now a “former station” or are you talking about another station?
Just asking for clarification.

Posted: 26 July 2017 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  288
Joined  2016-01-29

Dawkins is a hypocrite complaining about hypocrisy.

His blog, RDFRS, is a safe space for regressive left snowflakes who shriek in horror when they hear rational opposition to their views.

Then the pompous mods deplatform anybody who does not conform to the groupthink.

Dawkins likes to deplatform people when he can, but he doesn’t like it when he gets deplatformed.

Too bad for him, maybe he should stop being such a hyporcrite

Posted: 27 July 2017 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2011-09-13

After looking at the responses all I would like to say is play nice.

Posted: 27 July 2017 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4253
Joined  2014-06-20
Stardusty Psyche - 26 July 2017 10:19 PM

Dawkins is a hypocrite complaining about hypocrisy.

His blog, RDFRS, is a safe space for regressive left snowflakes who shriek in horror when they hear rational opposition to their views.

Then the pompous mods deplatform anybody who does not conform to the groupthink.

Dawkins likes to deplatform people when he can, but he doesn’t like it when he gets deplatformed.

Too bad for him, maybe he should stop being such a hyporcrite

If the left are snowfakes, the right are meteors, fires, tsunamis and tornadoes. They do infinitely more damage than snowflakes.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 27 July 2017 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2016-01-29

LoisL
If the left are snowfakes, the right are meteors, fires, tsunamis and tornadoes. They do infinitely more damage than snowflakes.

I expect better of Dawkins.

He claims to be a rationalist, eminently logical, and against deplatforming.

Yet, he practices deplatforming himself, which makes him a first rate hypocrite.

“The other side is worse” doesn’t cut it.

Posted: 28 July 2017 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Stardusty Psyche - 27 July 2017 08:14 PM

Yet, he practices deplatforming himself, which makes him a first rate hypocrite.

What are you talking about?

Posted: 28 July 2017 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2016-01-29

Lausten Posted: 28 July 2017 04:13 AM    

I already stated the subject Posted: 26 July 2017 10:19 PM

It really says a lot about a person’s character when you compare their public pronouncements with how they operate their own space.

Dawkins employs mods with a Valdemort complex.  They police the site like middle school hall monitors with a petty Napoleon complex, making it against the rules to discuss the mods and anybody who does gets their post deleted.

But that bit of pomposity is not the worst of it.  The site is infested with regressive snowflakes who go apeshit over anybody with a rational opposing viewpoint.  The mods are the worst because they do not moderate based on behavior so much as the opinion content.  A poster who agrees with the regressive left positions can say just about anything, but those who disagree on the merits are held to an entirely different behavioral standard.

Eventually, no matter how polite you are in response to all the idiotic ad hominems, if you continue to voice rational positions that do not conform to the regressive groupthink you will be banned.  It’s just a matter of time.

I had the temerity to assert that equal protection under the law is satisfied for transsexuals when transsexuals that have a penis have the right to use the bathroom designated for men and transsexuals without a penis have the right to use the bathroom designated for women.

That comment was deleted and I was marked as a “spammer”, which caught me off guard.  I mean, I knew that Dawkins operates a little safespace for regressive liberals so I figured the ban was coming, but it surprised me that a rather simple and rationally worded post would be the trigger for the regressive little snowflakes Dawkins employs.

From that I learned that transsexual issues are one of the most, perhaps the most, hot button triggers for snowflakes.  I found during my brief entry to the Dawkins safe space that just mentioning things like the fact that the majority of American women have a right to privacy and their rights matter would send the snowflakes shrieking.

Posted: 28 July 2017 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Stardusty Psyche - 28 July 2017 07:32 AM

Lausten Posted: 28 July 2017 04:13 AM    

I had the temerity to assert that equal protection under the law is satisfied for transsexuals when transsexuals that have a penis have the right to use the bathroom designated for men and transsexuals without a penis have the right to use the bathroom designated for women.

So, “deplatforming” = discussion forum moderation. Don’t agree with that, but now I know what YOU mean. I haven’t spent any time on Dawkins’ forum, so I can’t comment on the details of what you say.

As for this “rational” comment of yours. Really? Having failed at the definition of who you are being a word that appears on your birth certificate, you’ll try what is or isn’t between your legs? And who exactly is going to police this? Never mind. Look, I’ve been working with the same bunch of people for 9 years. I share a bathroom with them. I have never seen inside the pants of any of them. None of them have assaulted me either. You don’t understand the word “transsexual”.

Posted: 28 July 2017 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2016-01-29

As for this “rational” comment of yours. Really?

Yes.

Having failed at the definition of who you are being a word that appears on your birth certificate, you’ll try what is or isn’t between your legs?

In regressiveworld the sex of the genitalia is an irrelevancy.  Most Americans realize there is a difference.

And who exactly is going to police this?

Whoever has been policing this for as long as it there have been public restrooms that are separate but equal.

Look, I’ve been working with the same bunch of people for 9 years. I share a bathroom with them.

Typical irrelevant argument.  The issue is public multi occupancy restrooms, especially those designated for women.

I have never seen inside the pants of any of them. None of them have assaulted me either.

So?  How is relevant to the fact that allowing by policy and law individuals with an adult penis into the public restrooms designated for women is a violation of the right to privacy of the average American woman?

You don’t understand the word “transsexual”.

A transsexual is a person who has the right to go to the bathroom like everybody else.  A transsexual is not a person who has the right to violate the privacy of the average American woman.

Posted: 28 July 2017 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Stardusty Psyche - 28 July 2017 09:08 AM

Look, I’ve been working with the same bunch of people for 9 years. I share a bathroom with them.

Typical irrelevant argument.  The issue is public multi occupancy restrooms, especially those designated for women.

Haven’t seen anything hanging out in airports, sports stadiums, or anywhere else either. Depending on what was hanging and how, I might consider it a violation of the law, regardless of what was going on “down there” with me.