Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2017-08-15

oY4oSLi.jpg

Posted: 15 August 2017 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  477
Joined  2016-10-10

These are interesting points worth bringing up, but if its discussion you’re really looking for you ought to be more chill.

Posted: 16 August 2017 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1337
Joined  2005-01-14

I’m a birdwatcher and I’ve often seen birds of different species flocking together.  Strike one.

You need to reduce the size of your font or people are going to start ignoring you.

Posted: 16 August 2017 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2017-08-06

Oh.  Guess somebody didn’t want to take their pills, don’t worry they’ll learn ya soon boy.  Your gonna mind one way or another.

Signature 

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.” - Richard Feynman

Posted: 16 August 2017 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4219
Joined  2009-10-21

Well, you have destroyed us with your intellectual prowess, for sure. We all cower at your large brainy-ness.

Obviously I have no idea what a “race” is. I guess I will have go back to Indiana University and set them straight. And my wife, good thing she is retired, because her career as a psychologist was a complete waste. I can’t wait to go tell the homeless I step over every day that he just has to think his way to happiness. I’ll tell him to stop worrying about the gubermint suppressing him, that’s just foolishness.

Posted: 18 August 2017 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2005-01-14

Humans are all the same species.  Races are like varieties.  I know this because my white niece married a black man and they have two sons.  My white nephew married a black woman and they have a daughter.  Another white nephew married an Asian woman and they have a daughter.  You couldn’t do that if races were different species.  Strike two.

When people segregate into enclaves, it’s generally because of language and culture, not race.  They originally did so because of people like you who tried to give them a hard time for being “different”.  Now you’re a separatist who thinks that whites should withdraw into White’s Only ghettos because you feel threatened by diversity.  I find that deliciously ironic.  Strike three.  smile

Posted: 18 August 2017 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
Advocatus - 18 August 2017 09:29 AM

When people segregate into enclaves, it’s generally because of language and culture, not race. They originally did so because of people like you who tried to give them a hard time for being “different”.

Race and culture are strongly linked, language is less so but it still makes a difference. And self-segregation is an evolved behavior in humans, it happens even under the best social conditions.

Posted: 19 August 2017 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2005-01-14
Beltane - 18 August 2017 09:46 AM

When people segregate into enclaves, it’s generally because of language and culture, not race. They originally did so because of people like you who tried to give them a hard time for being “different”.

Race and culture are strongly linked, language is less so but it still makes a difference. And self-segregation is an evolved behavior in humans, it happens even under the best social conditions.

Yes and no.  It’s true that there is a connection between race and culture, but there isn’t a single “black culture” any more than there’s a single “white culture”.  It depends on where you come from—Nigeria, Mozambique, Haiti, Chicago?  And what of white immigrants from say Poland or Russia?  It’s their language that separates them from American culture, not the color of their skin.

And it’s true that it’s natural for people to self-segregate to some extent, but we also segregate by sex, don’t we?  Don’t men prefer to spend their leisure time in sports bars with other men?  Would anyone suggest that a man who wanted to marry a woman was suffering from mental illness?

Posted: 19 August 2017 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
Advocatus - 19 August 2017 06:23 AM

Yes and no.  It’s true that there is a connection between race and culture, but there isn’t a single “black culture” any more than there’s a single “white culture”.  It depends on where you come from—Nigeria, Mozambique, Haiti, Chicago?  And what of white immigrants from say Poland or Russia?  It’s their language that separates them from American culture, not the color of their skin.

The point is all cultures are different from each other and race is a major reason for that.

And it’s true that it’s natural for people to self-segregate to some extent, but we also segregate by sex, don’t we?  Don’t men prefer to spend their leisure time in sports bars with other men?  Would anyone suggest that a man who wanted to marry a woman was suffering from mental illness?

That’s much different, men marrying women is completely normal. People of different races hanging out together is not really normal.

Posted: 20 August 2017 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  4335
Joined  2014-06-20
Beltane - 19 August 2017 03:13 PM

The point is all cultures are different from each other and race is a major reason for that.

That’s much different, men marrying women is completely normal. People of different races hanging out together is not really normal.

Not normal by whose standard?

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 21 August 2017 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2005-01-14

A reason but not the ONLY reason.  For me, the point is that even if cultures are different, there’s no reason we can’t live together.

But not ABnormal enough to be considered a sign of mental illness, as Cultsmasher claims.  That was my point.  I respect your opinion, but this is one thing we’re just going to disagree on.

Posted: 22 August 2017 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  4219
Joined  2009-10-21
Advocatus - 21 August 2017 07:00 AM

A reason but not the ONLY reason.  For me, the point is that even if cultures are different, there’s no reason we can’t live together.

But not ABnormal enough to be considered a sign of mental illness, as Cultsmasher claims.  That was my point.  I respect your opinion, but this is one thing we’re just going to disagree on.

We all have some neanderthal in us. So at one time we mixed with not just a different culture, but a different sub species. We’ve always mixed, we’re just able to travel further and faster now, so we do it more.

Posted: 22 August 2017 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2016-10-10

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think Cultsmasher is claiming that forced multiculturalism is causing mental illness - which is plausible.

Agree with you that simply associating with other races is not a sign of mental illness.

Posted: 22 August 2017 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
LoisL - 20 August 2017 12:06 AM

Not normal by whose standard?

To some degree, everyone’s. Self segregation is an evolved behavior.

Posted: 23 August 2017 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2011-09-13

No doubt about!  This post is a perfect example of mental illness.

Posted: 23 August 2017 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  4335
Joined  2014-06-20
Lausten - 22 August 2017 06:34 AM

We all have some neanderthal in us. So at one time we mixed with not just a different culture, but a different sub species. We’ve always mixed, we’re just able to travel further and faster now, so we do it more.

If we weren’t all of the same species, no mater what color, we wouldn’t have been able to produce offspring. The same is true of Neanderthals. Modern humans would have no Neanderthal genes if we were of different species.

LL

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

1 of 2