Posted: 03 November 2017 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 421 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2207
Joined  2013-06-01
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 02 November 2017 02:59 PM
MikeYohe - 02 November 2017 11:43 AM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 01 November 2017 07:06 AM

Although I suspect Honest Evidence is still a concept you don’t quite grasp -

You now blame me for what Mann has done.{But you still haven’t defined what Dr. Mann’s has done to deserve your condemnation and outrage} Very poor investigating work.{Whatever.} You have ignored dozens of comments from top scientists. {Most weren’t scientists and clipped comments without background or sources are stupid, worthless especially in the hands of a committed disinformer.} You never answer any questions{Hell I don’t!} and you pile on junk not related to the debate.{Oh, you mean references to the real science?} You’re at least two years behind where the science is at today. As far as the hockey stick, the IPCC shut the door on that debate in 2007 {Hmmm, by my math that’s ten years}  with the report //www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/ch6s6-6.html.{Okay, you could say that, but then why are you still flogging it?} Were just waiting for the court cases to reach the court rooms, maybe another decade.{There is no court case concerning the science.  What are you talking about?} You know it would be funny when you realize how the alarmist claim that actions need to be done immediately.{Guess you ain’t been paying attention to the extreme weather disasters and their impact on human lives.  Or the fact that the drum beat keeps picking up tempo.} Yet, they are the ones who are slowing the whole process by not using real science.  {No, it really does come down to committed liars that make it impossible to conduct a constructive dialogue.  Your rat chasing its tail being a prime example.}

Next you always bring in the political side. {No, I’m the one that keeps trying to bring it back to the science, but am forced to counter your political bull shit.  Which does mean addressing your political bull shit directly.}OK, let’s look at the political side. What is the complaint? Isn’t that Trump has put skeptic’s in charge of key positions?{No those aren’t skeptics they are passionate partisans for Greed is Good and Too Much Consumption Is Never Enough.} Good move, I’d have to say. If the scientists are not sure yet on the numbers and the key driving forces. {Oh but they are, and have been for a long long time.  But then you’d have to give them an actual hearing to understanding that.}Then why should the political leaders be leading the scientists? Once the science is done, then the political actions should follow. {No, there won’t be any action.  In America there will probably be political disintegration and civil war before anything else.}You got your cart in front of your horse. {Nope it’s Americans who chose blind self-destructive greed over all else.  It has made us stupid and lazy.}

Note: You can view the original Hockey Stick Graph on Wikipedia //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_stick_controversy  
{I’ve shared it many times, what’s your point?}

In the Wikipedia update of the Hockey Stick controversy we can boil it down to the base ideas being debated.

a.  Mann’s chart used by Gore proved {NO, NO, No you f’n liar - Mann’s chart did nothing to prove CO2 caused warming - that was already well established!!!} that CO2 caused the earth to be warmer than at any other time in mankind’s history. {No it did not do that - though the dishonest alt-right media machine keeps claiming it.  Without proof I might add!} Therefore, that is all the proof that is needed that CO2 is the main forcing driver of Climate Change in the Global Warming.{More utter bullshit.  Why do you ignore fundamental physics?} And Climate Change is causing the warming in Global Warming.{Nonsense! Global Warming is the driver of Climate Change, it does not work the other way around.  Man, you can’t even keep the most basic science straight but you feel you’re in a position to condemn serious experts.  rolleyes }

b.  Mann’s chart is flawed.{Nobody, least of all Mann claimed it was perfect.  You’ve even been shown the quote from the paper making that crystal clear!  But you choose to refuse to allow that to penetrate that armor you’ve enveloped your brain within.} Mann left out key weather changes that the scientists debated.{Mann reported on what the proxy evidence was showing.  Here again you’ve never explained the details, or offered evidence, simply your ignorant assumptions.  That’s not enough for a serious constructive discussion.} That the earth was just coming out of a cooling trend. The earth was just as warm in mankind’s time in the past as it is today.{Today?  FALSE, perhaps 1990s and most certainly locally and not sustained globally as we are witnessing these days.} Therefore, the CO2, cannot be the main forcing driver of Global Warming.{Piss poor logic buddy.} And if that is the case, then Climate Change is not the main driving force of Global Warming. {You got that right.  Increasing atmospheric insulation is the cause of today’s anthropogenic warming.} It is agreed it does contribute to Climate Change warming in a major way and does cause some forcing. But the main forcing driver is what the scientists are after right now.{More unmitigated nonsense, scientists have clearly explain what the main driver of today’s warming is!  Ignoring that information doesn’t make it any less valid.} And that takes us back to where science was when Mann’s and Gore took Global Warming science down a different pathway in 1999. {Nope that was all gobbledegook.  Nothing said, just lips flapping.}

c.  The money. Or the political power controlling science. We have a lot of scientists who say that Mann’s chart should have never made it to the IPCC.{YOU HAVE YET TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM WITH ANY OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE!} That what Mann and Gore did is not really based upon scientific theory.{Mann worked on the science and continues to develop the science.  Albert Gore was a politician making a documentary that tried to explain the state of the science.  He did okay at it, not perfect, but rather accurate nonetheless.} It is hypothesis science kept alive by political goals and political money.

{What hypothesis. Specifically can you enunciate the hypothesis, using citations from real science.}

Same old stuff. I’ll ask you again for the fifth time, and you never answer. Are you getting paid to post?

Posted: 03 November 2017 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 422 ]
Joined  2013-06-01

For those who are new. Mann had just graduated and somehow got to represent America in the IPCC. Mann had a friend peer review some graphs he compiled. They got accepted by the IPCC. They got rejected by most of the scientists as none-science for many reasons. Not the first time that has happened and not that big of a deal. There is a lot of data in the IPCC reports and it could be changed in the next report. The IPCC uses confidence levels. So, if questionable data get into the reports its confidence level would be low. What happened next is that Al Gore grabs the chart and pushes the CO2 using Mann’s chart as the key point for CO2 as the driving force. That was not Mann’s fault. It made Mann famous. Mann’s problem was the scientists that disagreed with his graph. And there are a lot. Articles were being written about the graph. This is where we start having trouble with Mann. Mann would defend his graph. But he would not let the data or method he used be released so other scientists could test his graph. Then Mann threaten lawsuits against anyone disagreeing with him. It is not the road we want our scientists to take. The road led to Climategate. And while all this is going on the government was dumping money on Climate Change science. All the scientists wanted grants, so not many would make waves and risk not getting a grant. Today the court cases are being dragged out. Books about the hockey stick have been written. And we have just about gone full circle back to the point on Climate Change we were at in 2006 when the science took the side road. Over a hundred billion has been spent and we really don’t have a lot to show for the tax dollars.

Posted: 03 November 2017 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 423 ]
Joined  2013-06-01

And Climate Change is causing the warming in Global Warming.{Nonsense! Global Warming is the driver of Climate Change, it does not work the other way around.  Man, you can’t even keep the most basic science straight but you feel you’re in a position to condemn serious experts.  rolleyes }

OK, I will try and understand what you are claiming. You are saying that Global Warming is the driver of Climate Change (anthropogenic). So, you are now agreeing with Dr. Curry. Is that correct?

Posted: 03 November 2017 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 424 ]
Total Posts:  4170
Joined  2009-10-21

I might have missed a few details, but it’s hard to keep track of Mike. This page is a nice summary. CC raises specifics, Mike ignores every one of them.

Posted: 03 November 2017 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 425 ]
Total Posts:  1607
Joined  2016-12-24
Lausten - 03 November 2017 07:12 AM

I might have missed a few details, but it’s hard to keep track of Mike. This page is a nice summary. CC raises specifics, Mike ignores every one of them.

Thanks for checking in Lausten.

Yeah that was a good summary by MikeYohe, another vehicle to explore the depths of MikeYohe/GOPs intellectual depravity when it comes to discussing climate science and what we’re doing to ourselves.

DougC, get over it, lets engage, show Mike what a contentious yet civil constructive argument can look like.  smile

Only by engaging opponents do we have any hope of ratcheting down this horrendous future we are creating for ourselves.  blank stare

Posted: 03 November 2017 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 426 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
MikeYohe - 03 November 2017 01:26 AM

And Climate Change is causing the warming in Global Warming.{Nonsense! Global Warming is the driver of Climate Change, it does not work the other way around.  Man, you can’t even keep the most basic science straight but you feel you’re in a position to condemn serious experts.  rolleyes }

OK, I will try and understand what you are claiming. You are saying that Global Warming is the driver of Climate Change (anthropogenic). So, you are now agreeing with Dr. Curry. Is that correct?

Mr. MikeYohe, why always the deceptive games?

You say you understand global warming, yet you’re constantly misrepresenting the understanding with scrambled confusion.
What’s Dr. Curry got to do with Global Warming driving Climate Change???
Why are you so focused on propping her up?

Then you toss an idiot line like “So, you are now agreeing with Dr. Curry.” at me.  What the fuk is up with that?  rolleyes

Show me a quote by Judith Curry, reference it so I can see it in its original form, then ask me if I agree with Ms. Curry,
but no - you go for the head fuk every time.

Thus I have the objective evidence to point out that you MikeYohe are an extremely devious, disingenuous and altogether dishonest player with no interest in actually understanding climate science fundamentals.  All your priorities are with political interests and winning battles by confusing the issues.

[ Edited: 03 November 2017 08:54 AM by Citizenschallenge-v.3 ]

Posted: 03 November 2017 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 427 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
MikeYohe - 03 November 2017 12:09 AM
MikeYohe - 02 November 2017 11:43 AM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 01 November 2017 07:06 AM

Although I suspect Honest Evidence is still a concept you don’t quite grasp -

You now blame me for what Mann has done.{But you still haven’t defined what Dr. Mann’s has done to deserve your condemnation and outrage} Very poor investigating work.{Whatever.} You have ignored dozens of comments from top scientists. {Most weren’t scientists and clipped comments without background or sources are stupid, worthless especially in the hands of a committed disinformer.} You never answer any questions{Hell I don’t!} and you pile on junk not related to the debate.{Oh, you mean references to the real science?} You’re at least two years behind where the science is at today. As far as the hockey stick, the IPCC shut the door on that debate in 2007 {Hmmm, by my math that’s ten years}  with the report //www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/ch6s6-6.html.{Okay, you could say that, but then why are you still flogging it?} Were just waiting for the court cases to reach the court rooms, maybe another decade.{There is no court case concerning the science.  What are you talking about?} You know it would be funny when you realize how the alarmist claim that actions need to be done immediately.{Guess you ain’t been paying attention to the extreme weather disasters and their impact on human lives.  Or the fact that the drum beat keeps picking up tempo.} Yet, they are the ones who are slowing the whole process by not using real science.  {No, it really does come down to committed liars that make it impossible to conduct a constructive dialogue.  Your rat chasing its tail being a prime example.}

Next you always bring in the political side. {No, I’m the one that keeps trying to bring it back to the science, but am forced to counter your political bull shit.  Which does mean addressing your political bull shit directly.}OK, let’s look at the political side. What is the complaint? Isn’t that Trump has put skeptic’s in charge of key positions?{No those aren’t skeptics they are passionate partisans for Greed is Good and Too Much Consumption Is Never Enough.} Good move, I’d have to say. If the scientists are not sure yet on the numbers and the key driving forces. {Oh but they are, and have been for a long long time.  But then you’d have to give them an actual hearing to understanding that.}Then why should the political leaders be leading the scientists? Once the science is done, then the political actions should follow. {No, there won’t be any action.  In America there will probably be political disintegration and civil war before anything else.}You got your cart in front of your horse. {Nope it’s Americans who chose blind self-destructive greed over all else.  It has made us stupid and lazy.}

Note: You can view the original Hockey Stick Graph on Wikipedia //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_stick_controversy  
{I’ve shared it many times, what’s your point?}

In the Wikipedia update of the Hockey Stick controversy we can boil it down to the base ideas being debated.

a.  Mann’s chart used by Gore proved {NO, NO, No you f’n liar - Mann’s chart did nothing to prove CO2 caused warming - that was already well established!!!} that CO2 caused the earth to be warmer than at any other time in mankind’s history. {No it did not do that - though the dishonest alt-right media machine keeps claiming it.  Without proof I might add!} Therefore, that is all the proof that is needed that CO2 is the main forcing driver of Climate Change in the Global Warming.{More utter bullshit.  Why do you ignore fundamental physics?} And Climate Change is causing the warming in Global Warming.{Nonsense! Global Warming is the driver of Climate Change, it does not work the other way around.  Man, you can’t even keep the most basic science straight but you feel you’re in a position to condemn serious experts.  rolleyes }

b.  Mann’s chart is flawed.{Nobody, least of all Mann claimed it was perfect.  You’ve even been shown the quote from the paper making that crystal clear!  But you choose to refuse to allow that to penetrate that armor you’ve enveloped your brain within.} Mann left out key weather changes that the scientists debated.{Mann reported on what the proxy evidence was showing.  Here again you’ve never explained the details, or offered evidence, simply your ignorant assumptions.  That’s not enough for a serious constructive discussion.} That the earth was just coming out of a cooling trend. The earth was just as warm in mankind’s time in the past as it is today.{Today?  FALSE, perhaps 1990s and most certainly locally and not sustained globally as we are witnessing these days.} Therefore, the CO2, cannot be the main forcing driver of Global Warming.{Piss poor logic buddy.} And if that is the case, then Climate Change is not the main driving force of Global Warming. {You got that right.  Increasing atmospheric insulation is the cause of today’s anthropogenic warming.} It is agreed it does contribute to Climate Change warming in a major way and does cause some forcing. But the main forcing driver is what the scientists are after right now.{More unmitigated nonsense, scientists have clearly explain what the main driver of today’s warming is!  Ignoring that information doesn’t make it any less valid.} And that takes us back to where science was when Mann’s and Gore took Global Warming science down a different pathway in 1999. {Nope that was all gobbledegook.  Nothing said, just lips flapping.}

c.  The money. Or the political power controlling science. We have a lot of scientists who say that Mann’s chart should have never made it to the IPCC.{YOU HAVE YET TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM WITH ANY OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE!} That what Mann and Gore did is not really based upon scientific theory.{Mann worked on the science and continues to develop the science.  Albert Gore was a politician making a documentary that tried to explain the state of the science.  He did okay at it, not perfect, but rather accurate nonetheless.} It is hypothesis science kept alive by political goals and political money.

{What hypothesis. Specifically can you enunciate the hypothesis, using citations from real science.}

Same old stuff. I’ll ask you again for the fifth time, and you never answer. Are you getting paid to post?

Nah I just get ignored while your kind and your juvenile tactics keep winning all the meaningful battles.

Posted: 03 November 2017 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 428 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

-y2
Comment #442
That’s quite the summation.

MikeYohe - 03 November 2017 12:51 AM

Over a hundred billion has been spent and we really don’t have a lot to show for the tax dollars.

I’m curious why do you have such contemptuous disregard for this planet that provides your life support system?
Do you really believe life isn’t more than some TV show all facade and no substance?

I do notice the trillions this country spends for destroying things doesn’t bother you and your type in the least.  What twisted minds we have created in this crazy day and age.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/cost-of/
Every hour, taxpayers in the United States are paying
$8.36 million for Total Cost of Wars Since 2001.
Total ~ $1,795,972,000,000.00 (11/3/17)

And all we got to show for that is more terrorists and an imploding country of our own.

Hmmm, over a hundred billion spent over decades to better understand this planet that sustains our lives and the GOP considers it a travesty and are desperate to cut it back as much as possible. 
The self-destructive juvenility of these alt-right winger people is beyond comprehension.  Here’s some of what we have to show for those 100 billions dollars:

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/nuisance-flooding.html

NASA’s Earth Observing Systems

https://eospso.nasa.gov
https://eospso.nasa.gov/content/all-missions

SAT
3D Winds (Demo)
      Decadal Survey
      Earth Systematic Missions
      Tier 3

Active Cavity Radiometer Irradiance Monitor Satellite (ACRIMSAT)
      Earth Observing System (EOS)

Active Sensing of CO2 Emissions over Nights, Days, and Seasons (ASCENDS)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 2

Advanced Earth Observing Satellite (ADEOS)

Aerosol-Cloud-Ecosystems (ACE)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 2

Applications Technology Satellite (ATS)
      Historical Missions

Aqua
      A-Train

Aquarius
      ESSP

Atmospheric Laboratory of Applications and Science (ATLAS-1)

Aura
      A-Train

Challenging Mini-satellite Payload (CHAMP)

Climate Absolute Radiance and Refractivity Observatory (CLARREO)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 1

Climate Absolute Radiance and Refractivity Observatory Pathfinder (CLARREO Path.)

Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observation (CALIPSO)
      ESSP
      A-Train

Cloud-Aerosol Transport System on ISS (CATS on ISS)
      Other

CloudSat
      ESSP
      A-Train

Combined Release and Radiation Effects Satellite (CRRES)
      Historical Missions

Cyclone Global Navigation Satellite System (CYGNSS)
      ESSP
      Venture Class
      Earth Venture-Mission

Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR)
      Inter-Agency Partnerships

Deformation, Ecosystem Structure and Dynamics of Ice (DESDynI)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 1

Dynamics Explorer 1 (DE 1)
      Historical Missions

Dynamics Explorer 2 (DE 2)
      Historical Missions

Earth Observing-1 (EO-1)
      Other

Earth Radiation Budget Satellite (ERBS)
      Historical Missions

ECOsystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometer Experiment on Space Station (ECOSTRESS)
      Venture Class
      Earth Venture-Instrument

Environmental Science Services Administration (ESSA)
      Historical Missions

European Remote Sensing (ERS-1)
      Historical Missions

GEOdetic SATellite (GEOSAT)
      Historical Missions

Geostationary Carbon Cycle Observatory (EVM-2) (GeoCARB)
      Earth Venture-Mission

Geostationary Coastal and Air Pollution Events (GEO-CAPE)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 2

Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite A-C (GOES A-C)

Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite D-H (GOES D-H)

Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite-16 (GOES-16)

Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite-N/O/P (GOES N-P)

Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites I-M (GOES I-M)

Global Atmosphere Composition Mission (GACM)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 3

Global Ecosystem Dynamics Investigation Lidar (GEDI on ISS)
      ESSP
      Venture Class
      Earth Venture-Instrument

Global Precipitation Measurement Core Observatory (GPM Core)
      Precipitation Missions

Global Precipitation Measurement Low-inclination (GPM LIO)
      Precipitation Missions

Glory
      A-Train

Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE)
      ESSP

Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow On (GRACE-FO)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 3

Hyperspectral Infrared Imager (HyspIRI)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 2

Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat)

Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite-2 (ICESat-2)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 1

ISS-Rapid Scatterometer (ISS-RapidScat)
      Other

Jason-1

Jason-3

Joint Polar Satellite System-1 (JPSS-1)

Joint Polar Satellite System-2 (JPSS-2)

Landsat 7

Landsat 8

Landsat 9

Laser Geodynamics Satellites1&2 (LAGEOS 1&2)
      Other

Lidar Surface Topography (LIST)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 3

Lightning Imaging Sensor on ISS (LIS on ISS)
      Other

Marine Observation Satellite (MOS-1)
      Historical Missions

Modular Optoelectronic Multispectral Scanner (MOMS)
      Historical Missions

Multi-Angle Imager for Aerosols (MAIA)
      ESSP
      Venture Class
      Earth Venture-Instrument

NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NI-SAR )

Nimbus 1
      Historical Missions

Nimbus 2
      Historical Missions

Nimbus 3
      Historical Missions

Nimbus 4
      Historical Missions

Nimbus 5
      Historical Missions

Nimbus 6
      Historical Missions

Nimbus 7
      Historical Missions

NOAA-N (NOAA-N)

NOAA-POES (NOAA-POES)

Ocean Surface Topography Mission/Jason-2 (OSTM/Jason-2)

Orbiting Carbon Observatory (OCO)
      ESSP

Orbiting Carbon Observatory 2 (OCO-2)
      ESSP
      A-Train

Orbiting Carbon Observatory 3 (ISS-OCO-3)
      ESSP

Plankton, Aerosol, Cloud, ocean Ecosystem (PACE)
      Decadal Survey

Polarization & Anisotropy of Reflectances for Atmospheric Sciences coupled with Observations from a Lidar (PARASOL)
      A-Train

Precision and All-Weather Temperature and Humidity (PATH)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 3

Quick Scatterometer (QuikSCAT)

Radar Satellite (RADARSAT)

Sea-viewing Wide Field-of-view Sensor (SeaWiFS)

Seasat 1
      Historical Missions

SeaWinds on the Advanced Earth Observing Satellite II (ADEOS II) (SeaWinds)

Sentinel-6

Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM)

Snow and Cold Land Processes (SCLP)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 3

Soil Moisture Active-Passive (SMAP)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 1

Solar Radiation and Climate Experiment (SORCE)

Spaceborne Imaging Radar-C (SIR-C)

Stratospheric Aerosol and Gas Experiment III on ISS (SAGE III-ISS)

Stratospheric Aerosol and Gas Experiment-III Meteor-3M (SAGE-III)

Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (Suomi NPP)

Surface Water Ocean Topography (SWOT)
      Decadal Survey
      Tier 2

Synchronous Meterological Satellite (SMS)
      Historical Missions

Television Infrared Observation Satellite Program (TIROS)
      Historical Missions

Terra

The Global Change Observation Mission-Water (GCOM-W1)
      A-Train

Time-Resolved Observations of Precipitation structure and storm Intensity with a Constellation of Smallsats (TROPICS)
      ESSP
      Venture Class
      Earth Venture-Instrument

Tomographic Experiment using Radiative Recombinative Ionospheric EUV and Radio Sources (TERRIERS)
      Other

TOPEX/Poseidon (TOPEX)

Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer-Earth Probe (TOMS-EP)

Total Solar Irradiance Spectral Solar Irradiance 1 (TSIS-1)

Total Solar Irradiance Spectral Solar Irradiance 2 (TSIS-2)

Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM)
      Precipitation Missions

Tropospheric Emissions: Monitoring of Pollution (TEMPO)
      Venture Class
      Earth Venture-Instrument

Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS)
~~~~~~~~~~`

Posted: 03 November 2017 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 429 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

MikeYohe - 03 November 2017 12:51 AM

Over a hundred billion has been spent and we really don’t have a lot to show for the tax dollars.

I’m curious why do you have such contemptuous disregard for this planet that provides your life support system?
Do you really believe life isn’t more than some TV show all facade and no substance?

I do notice the trillions this country spends for destroying things doesn’t bother you and your type in the least.  What twisted minds we have created in this crazy day and age.

https://www.nationalpriorities. org/cost-of/
Every hour, taxpayers in the United States are paying
$8.36 million for Total Cost of Wars Since 2001.
Total ~ $1,795,972,000,000.00 (11/3/17)

but wait there’s more

http://neracoos. org/about/ocean_observing
About Ocean Observing Systems

Ocean observing systems are designed to collect ocean and weather data and forecast ocean conditions in order to provide information to a variety of users including commercial and recreational mariners, emergency and coastal managers and responders, researchers and educators and many more.
Observing systems consist of sensors that collect data, the platforms that host these sensors, and technology that sends the data to a data collection center, often with satellite or cell phone telemetry. Observing systems also include computer models that produce forecasts of ocean conditions.
The primary ocean observing technologies used in NERACOOS are:
Oceanographic buoys and sensors
Coastal radar
Computer models
Satellites

~~~~~~~~~~`
INTERAGENCY OCEAN OBSERVATION COMMITTEE

http://www.iooc.us/ocean-observations/platforms/

PLATFORMS
Platforms are workspaces to accommodate staff scientists and large equipment at the study site and serve as field laboratories, in addition to collecting the types of data provided by unmanned moorings. The data collected at moorings and platforms give scientists the information they need to pursue some of the most pressing scientific and environmental questions of the twenty-first century. Staffed platforms allow scientists to collect biological specimens, sea water, and sediment samples, to observe marine organisms, to conduct diving expeditions, and to deploy to manned and unmanned submersible vehicles. Instruments installed on drifting platforms measure oceanographic, atmospheric, and biological data along the path of an ocean current.

SHIPS

BUOYS

ARGO FLOATS, SUB-SURFACE DRIFTERS

REMOTELY OPERATED VEHICLES (ROVS)

AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLES (AUVS)

SATELLITES

AIRCRAFT

UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES (UAVS)

HF RADAR

DRILLING PLATFORMS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
National Snow & Ice Data Center
https://nsidc. org/cryosphere/seaice/study/field_studies.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://scripps.ucsd. edu/resources-and-facilities
http://whrc.org  (Woods Hole Research Center)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Climate-Earth system computer model to be the most advanced ever created, says DOE
Armed with high-performance computing systems, DOE national labs and partners tackle climate and Earth-system modeling
September 26, 2014
http://www.kurzweilai. net/climate-earth-system-computer-model-to-be-the-most-advanced-ever-created-says-doe

~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://ncar.ucar. edu/community-resources/models

COMPUTATIONAL RESOURCES

NCAR’s Computational & Information Systems Laboratory (CISL) is a world leader in supercomputing and cyberinfrastructure, providing services to over 60 UCAR member universities as well as NCAR and the larger geosciences community. Additionally, NCAR performs basic and applied research in IT, computational science and mathematics.

•  NCAR Earth System Laboratory (NESL) »
  •  Computational & Information Systems Laboratory (CISL) »
  •  High Altitude Observatory (HAO) »
  •  Research Application Laboratory (RAL) »
COMMUNITY RESOURCES
      Computational Resources
      Facilities
      Field Campaigns
      Models
      Technology Transfer
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Computational and Information Systems Lab
https://www2.cisl.ucar. edu

and more, but I’m done looking.

In any event, there are very very good reasons for rational intelligent grown-ups being interested in investing billions and billions of dollars into better understanding this planet that we depend on for everything.

Posted: 04 November 2017 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 430 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Speaking of science, this was released today:

Climate Science Special Report
Fourth National Climate Assessment (NCA4), Volume I

This report is an authoritative assessment of the science of climate change, with a focus on the United States.
It represents the first of two volumes of the Fourth National Climate Assessment, mandated by the Global Change Research Act of 1990.

https://science2017.globalchange.gov

With 15 Chapters, 5 Appendices

Another conservative assessment of where we’re at.  Science at it’s most solid.
Poke around, you’ll find a lot of hockey stick shaped graphs.  Hmmm, must be a reflection of reality.

figure2_2-1200.png

Paul Beckwith has already done a short introduction of it at his YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7bddPFoQW4

Posted: 04 November 2017 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 431 ]
Joined  2013-06-01
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 03 November 2017 08:46 AM

You say you understand global warming, yet you’re constantly misrepresenting the understanding with scrambled confusion.

Then you toss an idiot line like “So, you are now agreeing with Dr. Curry.” at me.  What the fuk is up with that?  rolleyes

Show me a quote by Judith Curry, reference it so I can see it in its original form, then ask me if I agree with Ms. Curry,

Thus I have the objective evidence to point out that you MikeYohe are an extremely devious, disingenuous and altogether dishonest player with no interest in actually understanding climate science fundamentals.  All your priorities are with political interests and winning battles by confusing the issues.

Where is the science? A lot of side stepping going on.

What you have been claiming for years is that Climate Change is driving the Global Warming.

Now, you flipped.

You are saying that Global Warming is driving the Climate Change.

Climate Change as the driver is Mann’s point of view.

Global Warming as the driver is Dr. Curry’s point of view.

Posted: 04 November 2017 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 432 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
MikeYohe - 04 November 2017 09:45 AM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 03 November 2017 08:46 AM

Where is the science? A lot of side stepping going on.

What you have been claiming for years is that Climate Change is driving the Global Warming.

Now, you flipped.

You are saying that Global Warming is driving the Climate Change.

Climate Change as the driver is Mann’s point of view.

Global Warming as the driver is Dr. Curry’s point of view.

That is so pathetic.

https://science2017.globalchange.gov

After all this time, and all your venomous attitude and charges against Dr. Michael Mann and the work he’s done, this is the best you can come up with???

Why so desperate to confine the dialogue to such a kindergarten level, making it up as you go along and feeling just fine with the fraud.  downer

Who needs objective evidence and clear constructive dialogue in this day and age smirk

But there you have it dear onlookers, the GOP strategy of stupification in action.

Posted: 04 November 2017 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 433 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2017-09-24
Lausten - 03 November 2017 07:12 AM

“Mike” has been ignoring the specifics for years, that’s the whole point of denial.

All engaging him or any denier at all does is attract attention to the false message they are putting out there.

Responding to anything he posts is like putting his deceptive ad on your channel.

You’re not going to argue him into rationality, the whole time you’re treating him as even having a position that deserves a response he wins.

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

The only message that deniers are putting out is that there are two equal opinions on this issue and every time you respond to him you are playing his game… you are in fact being played for a fool.

Posted: 05 November 2017 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 434 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
DougC.V2 - 04 November 2017 11:41 PM

“Never argue with a fool,

Who’s arguing?  I’m dissecting.  cheese

Posted: 05 November 2017 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 435 ]
Total Posts:  7811
Joined  2009-02-26
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 05 November 2017 12:20 AM
DougC.V2 - 04 November 2017 11:41 PM

“Never argue with a fool,

Who’s arguing?  I’m dissecting.  cheese

I believe this may be the cause of Mike’s confusion

And Climate Change is causing the warming in Global Warming?{Nonsense! Global Warming is the driver of Climate Change, it does not work the other way around.  Man, you can’t even keep the most basic science straight but you feel you’re in a position to condemn serious experts.  rolleyes }

To a sloppy reader this may appear that you are arguing CC causes GW.  Mike doesn’t seem capable of reading more than the first sentence. But a question mark (I took the liberty of placing it in the quote) might have helped making it clear that the next sentence is your answer to the proposition.

[ Edited: 05 November 2017 03:36 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

29 of 33