Science, science, science.
Posted: 03 December 2017 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 496 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1693
Joined  2016-12-24

Oh but since you asked:

October 15, 2017
Considering a contrarian’s “Global Warming Pathways”
http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2017/10/a-contrarians-global-warming-pathways.html

CC responds: Yes grasshopper, there are many pathways, …

There is one physical Global Warming pathway unfolding.

It’s controlled by thermodynamics and the geophysics of the matter.
Greenhouse gases hold a key regulating position in this process. 
The physics is understood in exquisite detail.

In the day to day world we are becoming ever more familiar the current transitional weather regime’s destructive realities,
namely cascading consequences such as the California fires,
and the past ten hurricanes in ten weeks, not to mention what’s happening in the rest of the world.

The longer term future of that trajectory will be impacted by how much greenhouse gases are ultimately added to our atmosphere, although nothing will change our short term momentum and I fear its going to knock us off our pins.

There is one scientific pathway, the map makers.

Observing, recording and understanding what is going on within natural processes.

It’s been pursued for centuries now and the results are a coherent internally consistent understanding, that the likes of Mikie do everything to confuse, dismiss and avoid looking at.

A summation is clearly spelled out and open for constructive honest critique - the IPCC reports.  Though the overall evidence is there to be found within decades worth of thousands of papers and observed Earth changes.

There is one political oligarch driven pathway of disinformation.

Hate mongering and denunciation against climate scientists and the work they produce, Mikie here has echoed their nonsense often.

It’s supported by massive funding and mega-media outlets dedicated to misrepresenting, false-equivalence and personally attacking anyone or
organization that represents the scientific understanding being gathered in real time.

Just need to listen to the likes of Seitz, or Singer, or Lindzen, Watts, Delingpole, the Lord M, r. Cohen, Steele and all the rest,
to understand what I’m talking about.
Science by insinuation, slander and libel in the service of avoidance.

There is the I’m the one and only religious pathway.

Where all too many people have adopted the incredible notion that they - petty, scared, selfish, self-interested humans that we are - understand the billions of years old “true” God of Time and Creation, Life and Love. 

It’s an appalling conceit and indicates a profound disconnection with the real flow of our lives and time and the biosphere that created and sustains us.

It demonstrates an unhealthy self-absorption into one’s own mindscape and disconnect from the physical world that surrounds and sustains us.

It’s a terrifying thing to behold because this Faith has allowed them to totally tune out the real physical world, we depend on, to a stupefying extreme.

There is the I want mine pathway of single-minded dedication to consumerism.

Hollyworld Fantasizing, and the proposition that too much is never enough.

This one consists of humans who never evolved past their adolescent me-me, self-interest phase and never matriculated into the adult enlightened-self-interest phase.

Where we think past oneself towards community and cooperation with others for collective and personal benefit.  No it’s not communism, it’s community.  An appreciation that none of us knows everything, we all have blind spots, we need each other to keep ourselves honest.  That was the great thing about America, we as a people used to understanding that, okay not always.

Very sad to see its truly gone.  I can see how that encourages a complete disconnect from all that’s uncomfortable or inconvenient to an easy embrace of facade and fantasy. 

It works when you’re a teenager and others covered for you, it doesn’t work in the long run.  But, seems few learn that anymore, most people are media saturated and there’s little room for true curiosity, learning, contemplation and genuine personal growth.

So profoundly sad.  Guess that’s what my writing is really all about, me trying to process this collective insanity so I can continue functioning in a world and beautiful old life that I see dissolving around me.  As a high school grad the world was open and beckoning, okay it helped that I was a nice white boy, if broke, but that’s means nothing today.  The opportunities no longer exist, the innocence and acceptance of strangers has also wilted, everyone is a threat today.

How fortunate I feel to have started down my road less traveled while there was still some time left to experience the last days of Earth being what it had been for all of humanity’s rise to society, what a tragedy we wasted all these decades and all that knowledge.  We knew, I knew.  Why did so many ignore it all these decades?  That I will never comprehend, no matter how much I grapple with it.

Posted: 03 December 2017 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 497 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Mike, I’m bringing this to the top because I don’t want you to miss it.
My challenge stands.

Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 03 December 2017 06:40 PM

Also worth pointing out is that here again you totally avoid the questions being asked of you.

You have claimed Michael Mann is a bad scientist and that he has committed research fraud.
You have provided no evidence, simply blanket primal condemnation -
You’ve provided what-ifs and fabricated stories made up by non-expert politically motivated writers and reporters.
Hell you find nothing wrong with misrepresenting reporters and pretending they were scientists -
those are disgusting scumbag tactics that you feel very comfortable with - they reveal a lot about your ethical standards, or lack thereof.

Oh and
Where is the evidence that supports the malicious things you have said about Dr. Mann?

Posted: 04 December 2017 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 498 ]
Total Posts:  2228
Joined  2013-06-01
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 03 December 2017 06:47 PM

My challenge stands.

Also worth pointing out is that here again you totally avoid the questions being asked of you.

You have claimed Michael Mann is a bad scientist and that he has committed research fraud.
You’ve provided what-ifs and fabricated stories made up by non-expert politically motivated writers and reporters.
Hell you find nothing wrong with misrepresenting reporters and pretending they were scientists -
those are disgusting scumbag tactics that you feel very comfortable with - they reveal a lot about your ethical standards, or lack thereof.

Oh and
Where is the evidence that supports the malicious things you have said about Dr. Mann?

Just like Climate Science, you can’t keep the facts straight. I said the Hockey Stick was bad science. And it must have been, because it was only used one year. Is that what you expect of science, to only last one year? It could not be tested by his peers because Mann would not release the data. Now, most of the time this is no big deal, because there are many of these reports coming out all the time. But what happen here was Al Gore picked up Mann’s work and used it as the main scientific point to push the CO2 movement. That CO2 movement was and is more political than scientific. It was wanting to tax every American thousands of dollars per year to send around the world to combat Climate Change. Now that is not Mann’s fault. What Mann did was to take a ride on this political money wagon and he fought anyone wanting to review the science work on the Hockey Stick. Those battles are still in the legal courts.

After the Hockey Stick, I have no idea about what Mann has been doing. Good work I hope. But that is not the issue. The issue here is the Hockey Stick only.

Of all the science articles and books written about, and the court cases that are still ongoing, it is amazing that you think that I am the one creating this. Grow up, look up and follow up on what the Hockey Stick has costs the taxpayers today.

Posted: 04 December 2017 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 499 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
MikeYohe - 04 December 2017 02:03 PM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 03 December 2017 06:47 PM

My challenge stands.

Oh and

Just like Climate Science, you can’t keep the facts straight. I said the Hockey Stick was bad science. And it must have been, because it was only used one year. Is that what you expect of science, to only last one year? It could not be tested by his peers because Mann would not release the data. Now, most of the time this is no big deal, because there are many of these reports coming out all the time. But what happen here was Al Gore picked up Mann’s work and used it as the main scientific point to push the CO2 movement. That CO2 movement was and is more political than scientific. It was wanting to tax every American thousands of dollars per year to send around the world to combat Climate Change. Now that is not Mann’s fault. What Mann did was to take a ride on this political money wagon and he fought anyone wanting to review the science work on the Hockey Stick. Those battles are still in the legal courts.

After the Hockey Stick, I have no idea about what Mann has been doing. Good work I hope. But that is not the issue. The issue here is the Hockey Stick only.

Of all the science articles and books written about, and the court cases that are still ongoing, it is amazing that you think that I am the one creating this. Grow up, look up and follow up on what the Hockey Stick has costs the taxpayers today.

Actually you’ve said a lot worse than that in this thread.  But even here, you spout nonsense, and yet again provide no objective facts, no references, no links to information to support your claims.  Nothing objective. 

You speak of court cases that don’t exist, and misrepresent court cases that do exist.
This explains why you won’t provide specifics.

You say the Mann et al Hockey Stick was used for only one year. 
Explain why you think that was so strange?
Don’t you understand Earth Sciences is all about gather continually better information so that data can be improved?
It was always a work in progress.  It never disappeared it just melded into the past (except for malicious contrarians milking a fraudulent meme).

You claim the data wasn’t available - but it was.  I’ve provided the evidence for my claim.

One more time you lout

Thursday, July 18, 2013
Discovered and revealed! - Where the climate codes and data have been hiding

While compiling my previous post I came across this interesting list.  I know that a lot of folks have been talked into believing that climatologists are hiding data - I think a review of the following list makes clear that such talk is political dirty tricks - and not a reflection of reality or the situation within the climate science community.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Data Sources
Filed under: — group @ 27 November 2009
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/data-sources/
http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2013/07/discovered-and-revealed-where-climate.html

So MikeYohe, you have shown up empty handed again, and once again all you offer is wind up my skirt. REJECTED… INSUFFICIENT…

Come back when you can come up with some authoritative, substantive, evidence to support your malicious trash talk (which amounts to amoral calumny)

Posted: 04 December 2017 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 500 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

NH_Temp_Reconstruction.gif
see that there red line at the right - that my friend is the hockey stick toe, as screamingly alarming today as it was back then.

If you had the intellectual integrity to face what’s happening in every corner of our world, you couldn’t play this malicious disingenuous game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZHfefCGhQ0
Paul Beckwith - Nov 27, 2017

[ Edited: 04 December 2017 10:16 PM by Citizenschallenge-v.3 ]

34 of 34