3 of 3
Experts misrepresenting to the point of lying about geophysical facts. Why isn’t it unlawful?
Posted: 26 September 2017 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  418
Joined  2016-10-10
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 23 September 2017 11:19 PM
Beltane - 23 September 2017 06:17 PM

Facts can’t be destroyed or abused in any meaningful sense, they still exist for those who are interested. As for scientific integrity - that is too subjective to quantify legally. It can be quantified in research to some extent, and there’s already a system monitoring that.

I do appreciate that the malicious right wing has very methodically and deliberately made dishonesty a cornerstone of their public outreach efforts.
Hell they proudly proclaim it their free speech right.
Sure our legal system isn’t set up to deal such underhanded bullshit - but that is a big problem that ought to get rectified.

Its not a big problem. You simply want those you don’t like silenced.

What is too subjective of deliberately misrepresenting, misstating written studies and reports?

That’s not the issue, you said the integrity of scientist’s work was under attack by misrepresenting facts, but how do we define and measure the integrity?  Should the government, for example, be allowed to ban scientists who are deemed not motivated by the right factors?

The only “integrity” that matters in science is accuracy, and the peer-review system monitors that already. Instituting any other type of “scientific integrity” standard would inevitably lead to the politicization of science - which we are dangerously close to as it is.

Posted: 26 September 2017 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Joined  2016-10-10

As for ethics - what about making the most outlandish charges against professionals in positions of responsibility -
claims and charges with no serious evidence to support them - purely intended to destroy careers.
Why are you proud to call that your free speech right?

LOLWTF, no careers have been destroyed by “outlandish charges”, nor could that even happen. Scientist’s careers are safe - unless their work is proven corrupt by their peers.

What is it about the true blue right wing character - Truth about the physical world has taken a make-believe faith based aspect, you can ignore it at will, if it interferes with dogmatic interests, its okay to ignore all incoming information and corrections.

Innuendo, insults, misrepresenting your opponents words, so that you can fabricate a fictitious, but winning story line, all that is part of normal operating procedure.  I get the feeling you aren’t bothered in the least by someone like Trump or Bannon, doesn’t disturb your morals or peace of mind in the least?  It’s all part and parcel of having to win regardless of anything but one’s own immediate self interest in winning.

See in my world honestly still means something and our planet’s geophysics are quite straight forward.  It’s real easy to determine truth and lie, but it requires a level playing field and that has been destroyed in our modern era.  For example debating someone like MikeYohe is fundamentally useless because he refuses to absorb and process new information.  And he’s simply parroting what he’s been taught by the masters of deception.  Who would that be, well there’s a long documented history

http://www.merchantsofdoubt.org
http://exxonknew.org
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dark-money-funds-climate-change-denial-effort/

But you can be smug, you guys won and all of us will get to reap the ‘rewards’.  downer

I started writing a more detailed post, but there’s no point trying to respond to overemotional nonsense.

Posted: 26 September 2017 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2017-09-24
Beltane - 26 September 2017 01:35 PM

I started writing a more detailed post, but there’s no point trying to respond to overemotional nonsense.

Any emotion is overemotional to someone with shallow effect.

Posted: 26 September 2017 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
DougC.V2 - 26 September 2017 01:59 PM

“Affect”

Posted: 26 September 2017 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-09-24
Beltane - 26 September 2017 02:21 PM

“Affect”

Exactly… thanks for showing what I mean by your treating everything as a game…

Psychopaths do not care what they are, they don’t care about anything except the thrill they get in screwing with other people’s mind, bodies and spirits…

Posted: 26 September 2017 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-09-24

Stop caring about your’s any everybody else’s lives people, it’s making Beltane uncomfortable.

We just need to accept that we’re all mere pawns to the greatness that is people who were born without a conscience and the ability to feel anything but pleasure at the misfortune of others.

You know, republicans and other “right” wingers.

Isn’t that the message that we’re getting from him and his fuhrer trump, that no one but them matters at all…

Think I’m just going to leave block on permanently, I’ve seen more than enough ugliness in my life… and there is nothing uglier than the moral and emotional vacuum that lies at the center of some people.

Posted: 26 September 2017 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  1458
Joined  2016-12-24

As for ethics - what about making the most outlandish charges against professionals in positions of responsibility -
claims and charges with no serious evidence to support them - purely intended to destroy careers.

LOLWTF, no careers have been destroyed by “outlandish charges”, nor could that even happen. Scientist’s careers are safe - unless their work is proven corrupt by their peers.

What is it about the true blue right wing character - Truth about the physical world has taken a make-believe faith based aspect, you can ignore it at will, if it interferes with dogmatic interests, its okay to ignore all incoming information and corrections.

Innuendo, insults, misrepresenting your opponents words, so that you can fabricate a fictitious, but winning story line, all that is part of normal operating procedure.  I get the feeling you aren’t bothered in the least by someone like Trump or Bannon, doesn’t disturb your morals or peace of mind in the least?  It’s all part and parcel of having to win regardless of anything but one’s own immediate self interest in winning.

See in my world honestly still means something and our planet’s geophysics are quite straight forward.  It’s real easy to determine truth and lie, but it requires a level playing field and that has been destroyed in our modern era.  For example debating someone like MikeYohe is fundamentally useless because he refuses to absorb and process new information.  And he’s simply parroting what he’s been taught by the masters of deception.  Who would that be, well there’s a long documented history

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dark-money-funds-climate-change-denial-effort/

But you can be smug, you guys won and all of us will get to reap the ‘rewards’.  downer

LOL  LOL  Nonsense you’re just rationalizing your inability to write anything serious of substance.  It’s not me emotionalizing, I’m not the one that needs fantasy to make my world go round.

Posted: 27 September 2017 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
DougC.V2 - 26 September 2017 03:09 PM
Beltane - 26 September 2017 02:21 PM

“Affect”

Exactly… thanks for showing what I mean by your treating everything as a game…

Psychopaths do not care what they are, they don’t care about anything except the thrill they get in screwing with other people’s mind, bodies and spirits…

Maybe you should take a break from the internet.

Posted: 27 September 2017 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 26 September 2017 08:14 PM

LOL  LOL  Nonsense you’re just rationalizing your inability to write anything serious of substance.  It’s not me emotionalizing, I’m not the one that needs fantasy to make my world go round.

The only fantasizing happening here is your belief that scientist’s careers are being ruined by misrepresented facts - which you stupidly think is “slander”. 

Weed is bad.

Posted: 27 September 2017 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  2126
Joined  2013-06-01

For example debating someone like MikeYohe is fundamentally useless because he refuses to absorb and process new information.  And he’s simply parroting what he’s been taught by the masters of deception.  Who would that be, well there’s a long documented history

You are lying. How many times have I ask you to work from a list of agreements and disagreements on global warming and climate change? The reason is you do a song and dance then data dumps to keep from debating key questions of science. Then you get political and also resort to name calling. You have been doing the same thing for years. Your debates consist of you telling me what I think and what my view points are. Most of the time you are wrong.

Posted: 27 September 2017 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
MikeYohe - 27 September 2017 09:44 PM

For example debating someone like MikeYohe is fundamentally useless because he refuses to absorb and process new information.  And he’s simply parroting what he’s been taught by the masters of deception.  Who would that be, well there’s a long documented history

You are lying. How many times have I ask you to work from a list of agreements and disagreements on global warming and climate change? The reason is you do a song and dance then data dumps to keep from debating key questions of science. Then you get political and also resort to name calling. You have been doing the same thing for years. Your debates consist of you telling me what I think and what my view points are. Most of the time you are wrong.

Go and review Science,Science,Science you dodge everything I share and all the questions I ask.

You want respect.  Start acting with some integrity.

Posted: 28 September 2017 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

lax

Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 27 September 2017 11:38 PM

Go and review Science,Science,Science you dodge everything I share and all the questions I ask.

Was walking Maddy this morning and thinking about this.  Allow me to share.

Any dog, or parrot, can piss out insults and claims.
It’s the supporting those insults and claims with explicit and substantive arguments and facts
-
that is the challenge.

A review of my posting will show that despite all my flaws, I consistently try to focus on the essence of these issues,
on the physics and the science. 

I am willing to listen and pursue your suggested reading lists and actually think about what they are trying to tell me.  That’s why I can do the dissections I do.

When you bring up frauds like J.Curry I have explained what drives me to say the thing i do about her.
You’ve never addressed any of that,
instead you’re simply offended that I dare think your gold standard source has demonstrated herself to
have devolved into a slanderous contrarian media whore. 
{might as well toss out a juicy one, but it is fitting, challenge me with substance chump, we can discuss it.}

Mike you never offer honest rational constructive dialogue.

Instead you keep tossing out new distractions, the Milankovitch cycles that act on millennial time scales.
The petition of 31,000 that was a meaningless con job.
etc.

But I’m the bad guy for exposing that stuff for what it is.  So be it.  smirk

Posted: 28 September 2017 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  2126
Joined  2013-06-01
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 28 September 2017 08:01 AM

lax

Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 27 September 2017 11:38 PM

Was walking Maddy this morning and thinking about this.  Allow me to share.

Any dog, or parrot, can piss out insults and claims.
It’s the supporting those insults and claims with explicit and substantive arguments and facts
-
that is the challenge.

A review of my posting will show that despite all my flaws, I consistently try to focus on the essence of these issues,
on the physics and the science. 

I am willing to listen and pursue your suggested reading lists and actually think about what they are trying to tell me.  That’s why I can do the dissections I do.

When you bring up frauds like J.Curry I have explained what drives me to say the thing i do about her.
You’ve never addressed any of that,
instead you’re simply offended that I dare think your gold standard source has demonstrated herself to
have devolved into a slanderous contrarian media whore. 
{might as well toss out a juicy one, but it is fitting, challenge me with substance chump, we can discuss it.}

Mike you never offer honest rational constructive dialogue.

Instead you keep tossing out new distractions, the Milankovitch cycles that act on millennial time scales.
The petition of 31,000 that was a meaningless con job.
etc.

But I’m the bad guy for exposing that stuff for what it is.  So be it.  smirk

I post a point. You need to answer the point. Instead you do a song and dance again. Maybe you have gone as far as you are able to on the subject of Climate Change.

Posted: 28 September 2017 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
MikeYohe - 28 September 2017 03:34 PM

I post a point. You need to answer the point. Instead you do a song and dance again. Maybe you have gone as far as you are able to on the subject of Climate Change.

Hey silly, that right there is MikeYohe doing his song and dance.

I see no point posted !

What up chump   smirk

3 of 3