2 of 2
Caverns on Moon
Posted: 06 November 2017 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2794
Joined  2007-07-05
TromboneAndrew - 04 November 2017 10:59 AM

There are mineral reserves in space that simply aren’t easily available here on Earth. .

how does a mineral become a “reserve”?

psik

Signature 

Physics is Phutile
Fiziks is Fundamental
Since 9/11 Physics has been History

Posted: 06 November 2017 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2017-10-26
TromboneAndrew - 04 November 2017 07:33 AM
InBetween - 03 November 2017 01:44 PM

With aaaaaaall money it gets, it STILL needs “the right politician”? common. I have a better suggestion: How about we kick all of them out and bring in news crews to do the job for half or quarter the price? And we get them to create jobs for those who have none, with the rest of the left over money?

By “it” do you mean NASA? I suggest you go find some estimates on how much it would cost to build a moon base, and look at NASA’s current annual budget.

How about you tell me how are they going to make up for the 350 millions $‘s they are already wasting here and there?... first? Based on the evidence they seem to believe that they can go ahead and just blow the cash away with full impunity.

Posted: 06 November 2017 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1580
Joined  2010-04-22
InBetween - 06 November 2017 06:52 PM

How about you tell me how are they going to make up for the 350 millions $‘s they are already wasting here and there?... first? Based on the evidence they seem to believe that they can go ahead and just blow the cash away with full impunity.

Uh, what? Backtracking to that story you quoted, it seems like Congress wasted that money, not NASA. Can you please clarify who you’re talking about?

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 06 November 2017 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2010-04-22
psikeyhackr - 06 November 2017 09:02 AM
TromboneAndrew - 04 November 2017 10:59 AM

There are mineral reserves in space that simply aren’t easily available here on Earth. .

how does a mineral become a “reserve”?

psik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral_resource_estimation

Signature 

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 07 November 2017 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-10-26
TromboneAndrew - 06 November 2017 08:41 PM
InBetween - 06 November 2017 06:52 PM

Uh, what? Backtracking to that story you quoted, it seems like Congress wasted that money, not NASA. Can you please clarify who you’re talking about?

Ok, sorry. But the problem remains. Neither one of them seem to have a good sense of priorities. How about we first insure that everybody who wants a job in this country gets one? Instead of shipping them to Chinese and Benglasheans, because the over head cost is low that way, and the big guys get to make more money that way to the detriment of lower class? We need to insure the basics are covered. Jobs, housing, good basic health, etc. Then the left overs go to Agencies like NASA, CIA etc.

Posted: 11 November 2017 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2010-04-22
InBetween - 07 November 2017 05:14 PM

Ok, sorry. But the problem remains. Neither one of them seem to have a good sense of priorities. How about we first insure that everybody who wants a job in this country gets one? Instead of shipping them to Chinese and Benglasheans, because the over head cost is low that way, and the big guys get to make more money that way to the detriment of lower class? We need to insure the basics are covered. Jobs, housing, good basic health, etc. Then the left overs go to Agencies like NASA, CIA etc.

This sounds exactly like the current state of affairs.

Signature 

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 11 November 2017 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-10-26
TromboneAndrew - 11 November 2017 06:52 AM
InBetween - 07 November 2017 05:14 PM

This sounds exactly like the current state of affairs.

NOPE!  it does not. And apparently you seem to believe that you are the center of the universe. If you have a job, over 45 million Americans are on food stamps while 44 million illegals are sucking this country’s blood DRY, while you think somebody should have even more billions than they already have so they could threw half of it in the garbage doing nothing. VERY SMART, I am very impressed.
Oh, yeah, and WHAT ELSE?!?!?! the Russians helped elect Trump. Yeah that’s it!!!!! Poor Seth Rich.

Posted: 12 November 2017 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2010-04-22

InBetween, I don’t know you and I don’t care what you think of me.

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that you don’t like to do actual research. You can start with your search engine of choice or - heaven forbid - a local library. Since you’re concerned about spending in NASA, here’s one place to start:

https://www.usaspending.gov/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=AgenciesMostFundedByFiscalYear

and here you can see how NASA is spending its money:

https://www.usaspending.gov/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=AgencyMostFundedRecipientsByAwardType&AwardType=C&agencycode=8000

Signature 

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 13 November 2017 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-10-26
TromboneAndrew - 12 November 2017 10:35 AM

......but I get the impression that you don’t like to do actual research. .....

See? INDEED, you do think you are the center of the universe. And there is a saying uttered about your category. It goes along something like this: “Some will be Greatly Disappointed when they Wake Up and Find Out that they are NOT the center of the universe.”.

Go do your homework, INSTEAD of obliviously accusing others of being the ones that need to. Or you don’t like it when others happen to know what you don’t But SHOULD….
LIKELY.

Posted: 13 November 2017 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2010-04-22

The center of the universe is technically undefined, so yes I am. smile

So are you.

Signature 

- Thelonious Monk

2 of 2