2 of 2
Hello All!  What I Believe
Posted: 12 November 2017 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4410
Joined  2014-06-20
Write4U - 12 November 2017 06:22 PM

The universe is neither cruel nor benevolent. It is absolutely indifferent and devoid of emotion.  Some living things have emotions and can be cruel or benevolent.

You don’t have to be smart to feel pain or pleasure, but you will have to be alive in order to die. To the universe it’s just change from one state to another state.

The point is, if there is a god, is he indifferent to and devoid of emotion? If so, how can anyone believe he is benevolent? My argumant is not with people who don’t believe in god, it’s with people who do and who also claim their god is benevolent.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 13 November 2017 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  7983
Joined  2009-02-26
LoisL - 12 November 2017 11:48 PM

The universe is neither cruel nor benevolent. It is absolutely indifferent and devoid of emotion.  Some living things have emotions and can be cruel or benevolent.

You don’t have to be smart to feel pain or pleasure, but you will have to be alive in order to die. To the universe it’s just change from one state to another state.

The point is, if there is a god, is he indifferent to and devoid of emotion? If so, how can anyone believe he is benevolent? My argumant is not with people who don’t believe in god, it’s with people who do and who also claim their god is benevolent.

We are in total agreement. My comments are intended only to support your position…... grin

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 13 November 2017 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4410
Joined  2014-06-20
Write4U - 13 November 2017 12:41 PM
LoisL - 12 November 2017 11:48 PM

We are in total agreement. My comments are intended only to support your position…... grin

Thank you! 😘

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 14 November 2017 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2017-11-08

This is my evolution now… 

On some level, we all have the intelligence to manifest our love for ourselves as our reality, each of us, this is the beauty of life.

Interpret it as you will.

Posted: 14 November 2017 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  547
Joined  2011-09-13

The only thing I believe is that I am going to have another beer.

2 of 2