8 of 17
I would like to talk about the god thingy
Posted: 13 December 2017 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4329
Joined  2009-10-21
InBetween - 13 December 2017 12:27 PM

PS: This is the great great, ....daughter of Mohammad, the one they claim is a prophet of Is-fraud-lam. See how Yashuah works Lausten?

Praise be to Yashuah…  

I sometimes have pronoun trouble. What is “this” referring to? who is the descendant of Mohammad?

You keep saying Jesus gave you all this wisdom, or we could find it in the NT. Wouldn’t it just be easier to tell us what it is? Millions of people have followed the path you suggest, and found nothing. But if you actually provided this insight you say you have, we could evaluate it.

Posted: 13 December 2017 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2016-12-24
Lausten - 13 December 2017 01:41 PM

PS: This is the great great, ....daughter of Mohammad, the one they claim is a prophet of Is-fraud-lam. See how Yashuah works Lausten?

Praise be to Yashuah…  

I sometimes have pronoun trouble. What is “this” referring to? who is the descendant of Mohammad?

You keep saying Jesus gave you all this wisdom, or we could find it in the NT. Wouldn’t it just be easier to tell us what it is? Millions of people have followed the path you suggest, and found nothing. But if you actually provided this insight you say you have, we could evaluate it.

It’s always with the big promises.
Then always ends in bait and switch that offers more little nothings.

To think the game has worked for thousands of years.

But then they do exalt in being God’s Sheep. 

Indeed sheople they certain do act like.

I prefer humanism and living and experiencing my life and the world around me directly,
rather than fabricating a mirage around myself to shield me from life’s rough edges.

Posted: 13 December 2017 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2017-10-26
Lausten - 13 December 2017 01:38 PM
InBetween - 13 December 2017 12:59 PM

Jesus is the one who said he is “The Way, the Truth and the Life.” in John 14:6, Not you, me or Martha.
Jesus is not just anybody, He is, as He,,,,, Said, The way, the Truth and the LIFE.

And according to Psalm 82:6, 7, apparently you are god anyway:

“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
  you are all sons of the Most High.’

But you will die like mere mortals;
  you will fall like every other ruler.”

I’m not very good with Psalms, but I won’t argue with you on that one. As I always say, all we have is each other. Saying “you are all gods” is very much like saying there is not god, there’s just us. If you follow the Bible, god keeps abandoning us, the flood, Moses doesn’t know his name, the kingdom falls, the messiah comes, dies, and maybe someday will come again. It’s up to us.

You dropped the second segment of the verse: ‘You are all sons of the Most High.’
A prince for example is not denying his father’s kingship or existence, in the process of him acknowledging his status of Prince.
Actually he is rather honoring his father in doing so, since when time comes, he will have to accept the torch from his father and take the lead as it is his destiny.
I told you about the Marcion antithesis. Please read it, it will help you understand some of the Bible discrepancies. It’s very good.
http://www.marcionite-scripture.info/CB_The_Antithesis.pdf
And the Marcion case is the perfect instance of how a Mega effort to suppress the story of Christ took place back in the days. There is no denying that.

I personally don’t believe Jesus will come back. Since he left the bible keeps on saying “he will come back”, “soon”, “soon”, “soon”. It’s been 2000 years. He came, did his job and now the ball is in our camp. We are the ones who need to take charge and we are not, hence Psalms 82:7 “we will die like mere mortals;
  we will fall like every other ruler.”.
...Unless we make an effort to redirect this Ship.

Posted: 13 December 2017 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Joined  2017-10-26

WOW, dude. I am impressed! Ok, Fair enough.

Lausten - 13 December 2017 01:41 PM

Praise be to Yashuah…  

Yep. Christ picked me out of a mosque LMAO. And not just anyone tongue wink . And that’s not exactly what I meant to convey. What I meant is why would a former Muz tell you that Christ is IT unless they’ve had an Experience or Experiences that led them to believe so? And there many of us. MANY who have.

I said “insights”, not wisdom, wisdom is big word. I think I did only once or twice.  And I reaffirm that the NT is a Loaded Book. Yes it is very loaded. People half read it once and claimed they know all about Christ when they don’t know spaghetti.

Here’s an example I relayed to LoisL on post #96:

A little illustration of what’s in the NT:

For example: Jesus is quoted as having said, about how often forgiveness must be practiced by the then people of The Way, in Matthew 18:22, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”

Why do you suppose that is? .... forgiveness is restorative force. It mends relationships and therefore prevents them from ever breaking. And in doing so, it extends their lifespan to the infinite.

I can add to that, if you forgive someone, you won’t have to call the cops, therefore the cops won’t be needed anymore or would simply rise to a better purpose than that of policing the populace. Depending on how big the offence or transgression is, a lawyer or the court won’t have to be involved either. The courts as result won’t be as crowed if at all needed. Less prisons and therefore more workers and tax payers. Look how many millions of $‘s get poured in and out of litigation cases. Often times FAKE cases. Maybe that money could be used to educate people or to mend some other problems. The stress, anxiety, depression, fear etc. which usually accompany having court date will be eliminated. Now we step over to the medical department as result. If you or I don’t have any or less mental glitches, why do we have to go to the doctor or therapist? WE DON’T. Not to mention families will have better chance at staying together. Societal disintegration will be reduced by probably 50%.  And the ripple effect continues as it does not stop here.
Reversely, each and every time one could have forgiven another and they don’t, that’s how far the thing expands as far as negative effect.

Another example: Galatians 5:22,23 which cites the fruits of the spirits being:

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
If a teen is loved by their parents, teachers, elders, neighbors, etc. they will be less likely to look for love in the wrong places and get in deep trouble in the process. etc. There is a myriad of good exponential effects to each and every one of these.

The same work for the golden rule (Matthew 7:12). etc. etc. Now combine the exponential effects resulting out of the practice of all of the Christians precepts. We open ourselves A GATE into Heaven. Right here on Earth! Like John Lennon said: IMAGINE! Did I say “GATE”? Guess whose name is that? Jesus is the Gate via John 10:9. And the practice does not even have to be done to 100%, but like as little as 35 to 55% rate would have Tremendous effects, and worldwide. One could write a book dissecting this as there is much to be said about it.

I attacked this from a purely secular angle. Now watch out for the invisible. Angels and benevolent spirits are going to join in the party, rest assured.

On the other hand, so will the devil. If you want to smoke the devil out of its hole, start applying the NT and look out, he is going to come right after you. You will Believe just as I have. B4 Christ came into my life I used to think mankind is the only devil there is.

But don’t worry Jesus will take care of keeping you Grounded. This is why I personally believe Jesus is The Way just as John 14:6 says.

Thank you Lausten. That is very very nice of you to ask. I appreciate it.

[ Edited: 13 December 2017 05:23 PM by InBetween ]

Posted: 13 December 2017 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Total Posts:  7917
Joined  2009-02-26

What about Buddha, who was actually a Prince, but choose to test the meaning of suffering and became an ascetic who nearly died form starvation before he came to te conclusion that suffering is part of living and from that point on taught that moderation in all things will bring both joy and sorrow, each which we should accept gratefully.

I like that path especially because Buddha never claimed to be a God or a son of God. He was just a teacher who taught his outlook on life and then said, “go forth and find your own way of practicing what I taught you”.

I like that kind of freedom allowed within that fundamental framework of living a balanced life and accepting both joy and sorrow as part of that life.

All the Buddhist rituals were invented later and most likely did harm to the fundamental message.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 13 December 2017 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Joined  2009-10-21

Sorry I asked InBetween. I don’t see any hope in any real conversation with you.

Posted: 15 December 2017 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
Lausten - 13 December 2017 08:34 PM

Sorry I asked InBetween. I don’t see any hope in any real conversation with you.

My comments were not made specifically to you, but were for general consumption.

Else I would have quoted you on a particular issue which I disagree with. And now that you have made the statement, in what way do believe you cannot have a real conversation with me? Are my posts offensive to you or do they lack content? I am really interested in the reason why you posted that near ad hominem.

[ Edited: 15 December 2017 05:06 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 15 December 2017 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Write4U - 15 December 2017 05:02 AM
Lausten - 13 December 2017 08:34 PM

My comments were not made specifically to you, but were for general consumption.

I’m addressing InBetween. Given that she thinks it is significant that she changed from Muslim from Christian, as well as many other bits of unrelated evidence she draws on, there’s not much chance that reason will work with her.

Your comments were appreciated Write4.

Posted: 16 December 2017 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Joined  2017-10-26
Write4U - 13 December 2017 06:19 PM

What about Buddha, who was actually a Prince, but choose to test the meaning of suffering and became an ascetic who nearly died form starvation before he came to te conclusion that suffering is part of living and from that point on taught that moderation in all things will bring both joy and sorrow, each which we should accept gratefully.

Moses also fasted 2x40 days according to the Pentateuch. so did Jesus. And those are the times recorded, we don’t even account for the ones no one ever knew about to log.

I like that path especially because Buddha never claimed to be a God or a son of God.

Neither did Jesus as he always referred to himself as “the son of man”, except for the times where his titles were too indicative of his multidimentionalism not to reveal.

He was just a teacher who taught his outlook on life and then said, “go forth and find your own way of practicing what I taught you”.

Jesus also is A Teacher. Very simple and Tolerant at that, the Catholic Cult is the one that f ed up everything making it into a pile of dung than anything else.

I like that kind of freedom allowed within that fundamental framework of living a balanced life and accepting both joy and sorrow as part of that life.

Job covered that in the book of Job “.... Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?”~Job 2:10~. And his stand throughout the book named after him attests to that and expounds on it, as did just about every prophet on the bible. Not to mention the horrendous suffering they all endured. Job, Jeremiah, Isaiah, etc. Paul, Peter, Jesus, etc.
I know lots of con artists would tell you if you convert to Christianity all your problems will go away and you will live happily ever after. This is how the make money. I actually witnessed one low life crook telling JUST this to an Atheist on one forum a while back! Those are just con artists and frauds. Nothing more. Christianity is synonymous of suffering. Anybody who is not suffering on some level as a Christian is crook or a phony. I don’t care what they tell me. There is nothing in the NT that claims life will be all rosy for the newly converts. In fact if it does anything, it warns about the brutal storm up ahead. And suffering is Precisely what makes Christianity an Authentic Boot camp. This is how you train for battle. You go through boot camp!! When we ascend from this, we don’t know what jobs will be up there awaiting us. That is why we have to Trust in Jesus as he know best. If you’re the head of a Dpt. or a Division within this corporation, you order someone to do something and you know why. They don’t, so they sit there and argue. But you know Best. So does Jesus.

All the Buddhist rituals were invented later and most likely did harm to the fundamental message.

The same can be said about Christianity. Jesus went up the hills and taught, he went to people’s houses and healed and delivered the crippled. He had no home or wallet or tools, He was free independent being. Now look at what the Catholic church is like. A World wide CARNAVAL that’s all about anything but the Guy they claim to worship. The Church that claims to have been found by Christ Himself.

There is a movie titled “Silence”. With Liam Neeson and Andrew Garfield, the guy who was a the center or Hacksaw Ridge, another terrific Christian movie.

It covers a little bit of the Buddhist inquisition (didn’t even know there was one!!!) and it covers a little of what you are talking about. It’s really cool. There is a brash side to it. But I like it. I saw it only once, so this is not the best synapsis to it.

Posted: 28 December 2017 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2017-11-10

The first statues of the Buddha were done by Greeks who contributed lots to the religion for centuries

so

Buddhism is a Greek religion

Posted: 29 December 2017 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Joined  2009-10-21

FYI, I agree that Catholics corrupted the original teachings. However we disagree on what those original teachings were.

Posted: 30 December 2017 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
Boris - 28 December 2017 10:35 PM

The first statues of the Buddha were done by Greeks who contributed lots to the religion for centuries

so Buddhism is a Greek religion

I doubt that.

Gautama Buddha (c. 563 BCE/480 BCE – c. 483 BCE/400 BCE), also known as Siddhārtha Gautama [sid̪ːʱɑːrt̪ʰə gəut̪əmə], Shakyamuni Buddha [ɕɑːkjəmun̪i bud̪ːʱə],[4] or simply the Buddha, after the title of Buddha, was an ascetic (śramaṇa) and sage,[4] on whose teachings Buddhism was founded.[5] He is believed to have lived and taught mostly in the eastern part of ancient India sometime between the sixth and fourth centuries BCE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 30 December 2017 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
Boris - 28 December 2017 10:35 PM

so Buddhism is a Greek religion

Perhaps you are referring to this;

The art of Gandhara benefited from centuries of interaction with Greek culture since the conquests of Alexander the Great in 332 BC and the subsequent establishment of the Greco-Bactrian and Indo-Greek Kingdoms, leading to the development of Greco-Buddhist art. Gandharan Buddhist sculpture displays Greek artistic influence, and it has been suggested that the concept of the “man-god” was essentially inspired by Greek mythological culture. Artistically, the Gandharan school of sculpture is said to have contributed wavy hair, drapery covering both shoulders, shoes and sandals, acanthus leaf decorations, nirvana symbols etc.

But this pertains to naming Buddha a “man-god”, which he never claimed or was referred to during his life, which was about a century earlier.

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 30 December 2017 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2017-11-10

The Greeks were in the area in cities for almost 200 years and many converted to Buddhism and made statues and contributed with Greek thought.

Posted: 30 December 2017 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Boris - 30 December 2017 03:44 AM

The Greeks were in the area in cities for almost 200 years and many converted to Buddhism and made statues and contributed with Greek thought.

So they CONVERTED TO and also created the religion. You don’t understand words.

8 of 17