18 of 18
I would like to talk about the god thingy
Posted: 24 January 2018 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 256 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4513
Joined  2009-10-21

Other than the word gnostic, there is nothing in that article that supports what you say.

Posted: 24 January 2018 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 257 ]
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2013-06-01
Lausten - 24 January 2018 07:35 AM

Other than the word gnostic, there is nothing in that article that supports what you say.

Of course, there is a lot of information in that article. As the article said, the Gnostic Gospels are seen as the key documents for understanding Gnosticism, an ancient belief system. It enforces the fact that Greek was the driving force and not Coptic. Most people I believe think that Gnosticism was nothing more than a separate branch of early Christianity in a mystical form. And here we have this blown out of the water by the fact that teachers were using the text for teaching in an affinity form. That is by using the mid-dots. Making the text book sort of a teacher’s manual. I bring this up not being negative in any manner or way because of people like you. Make a guess of how many times you have said the name Jesus in your lifetime so far. How many hours have you spent on Jesus’s religion? After all isn’t Jesus known for his religion and beliefs? How many times have you said the name of Jesus’s religion? Most likely never. The name of his religion is “Knowledge”. Not playing a game here. You know it as Gnosticism. But just like Adam. That is not a name. That is a definition that has not been transcribed, which means “Red Earth Man”. And yes, I am aware that names have meanings. But that is not case here. What we have is half ass systematic transcription of languages to fit evolving goals. So, with that said. What was the goal of Gnosticism? Of the new Christianity? In understanding what was being taught at the universities at the time we can begin to understand where John, Paul, Mathew, and those people got their beliefs. And of course, some teachings from Jesus. So where did Jesus get his education. I don’t believe from a deity. In answering the Buddha question, one might see a pattern of social and political philosophers work here in the making of epistemology form of Gnosticism, Christianity, and Buddhism. And how Jesus and the others in applying that work in a practical every day environment by falling back on using older texts that were passed down for thousands of years. This is proven by the books that have been written matching these texts of different religions and time periods.  Of course, the article also laid to rest the question about James being Jesus’s brother. But that is off topic.

Posted: 25 January 2018 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 258 ]
Total Posts:  4513
Joined  2009-10-21
MikeYohe - 24 January 2018 09:08 AM

of course, the article also laid to rest the question about James being Jesus’s brother. But that is off topic.

Yes, exactly, linking that article was of topic. All of you posts are of topic. You don’t understand the v word “topic”.

18 of 18