2 of 2
knowing your place in the new US…
Posted: 08 December 2017 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  522
Joined  2016-10-10
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 08 December 2017 07:14 AM

something to consider,

. . . Recently over at Center For Inquiry’s forum which I visit regularly, I was confronted with another joker repeating Poptech’s conjured description of me as a guilt-riddled strung-out druggie and lost soul.  Poptech’s slander is his way of responding to my fact checking, critiquing and challenging his claims.  Others of his persuasion have been quick to embrace the malicious trash talk.

It seems that every few weeks some new joker finds Poptech’s article and gleefully grabs his ammunition and blasts aways at me in the middle of some other discussion.  That they are dealing with figments of their own imagination matters not one wit to them - it’s character assassination they’re interested in.

What else is there for someone who consistently misrepresents serious climate science?  They sure don’t have solid evidence on their side.  Nor do they have the requisite intellectual curiosity to learn about the things they don’t understand.  When something confuses them, assume the worst, with ignorant certitude.

Distraction is their game.  Marginalize the messenger and marginalize the message.

Spend all your time wrestling with ad hominems and there’s no time to talk about our real world situation.  Go straight for the jugular of your opponent with anything you can conjure.

There’s a certain level of sick humor in reading how these minds can spin facts into tailor-made fictions - but of course, in the end all they want is to destroy any opponent in order to stifle fundamental climate science education - no commitment to honesty, or integrity, or respect for others.  Tragically absolutism and paranoia driven resentment seems all their hearts are capable of.

Admitting to and learning from mistakes is treated like blasphemy by the Republican contrarian crowd.  Nothing funny about that either.

It’s irrational, irritating, stupefying and it certainly demands some sort of comeback.  But, I’m not into Poptech’s, or LandscapesandCycles’ Jim Steele’s (or Beltane) or NC20 Burton’s style of childish messenger bashing, I like dealing with substance.

Still, since they want to get down’n personal, I can respond with something down’n personal personal. 

Consider it another character reference . . . . . . .

Next perhaps I’ll have to write up another story and share pics about some ‘magic’ I’ve been performing this week on screwed up sagging floors.    tongue wink
What I really like about it is that it’s dealing with the real world, no bullshitting it, either you’re doing a good job or it’s shit and everyone that knows anything can tell.
Oh yeah, less and less Americans seem to know anything beyond what the Boobtube feeds them.

Again with the climate change, CC? SMFH—Good job highlighting my point.

Posted: 09 December 2017 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1896
Joined  2016-12-24
Lausten - 08 December 2017 07:25 AM

I kinda get the point of the blog post, but I’m not sure it really gets where you seem to be going. I’ve been in that position, where someone attacks my character during the day, then that evening I’m sitting with good friends who respect me. Both can’t be right. However it’s really only you who knows the whole story. The blog post then comes off as an airing of personal grievances, rather than a defense of scientific methods.

P.S. Beltane is not worth my time. And I have a lot of time.

And I have very little for my writing,
and you are right about him not being worth the time - but than again - his mentality, or lack thereof, seems to be the one that’s in charge these days, so it’s tough for me to totally ignore it.

As for using work for an analogy of the scientific method, that one was about showing off my stairs, I did love building them in the day.  I’d be happy to do another if asked.

This past week with this funky floor straightening project that has given me a number of wonderful analogies with the process of dealing with the world as it is, rather than as we want it to be.  Along with highlighting the need for constant self vigilance, skepticism, and an objective eye.  Got some notes down and been thinking of how I’d put it together, all I need is the time to focus and do it.  Hope springs eternal, or is it just desire?  Now I just need more free time.

Posted: 09 December 2017 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1896
Joined  2016-12-24
Beltane - 08 December 2017 06:27 PM

LOL  LOL  LOL  Why am I not surprised you totally missed the point.

What’s so tragic is that your type - the entire GOP at this point? - have no ideas, no vision, you’ve fabricated an Alternate Reality based on obsessive self-interest - you can’t argue with reason - have no interest in explaining anything or learning anything.  All you got is bags of shit to dump on anyone you don’t like.

Sorry that you can’t figure out how much of our lives this manmade global warming is screwing up beyond repair - but okay, I shouldn’t have been beating around the bush. 
Here’s a more direct response to your need try to defame me with old reruns, rather than to rationally attempt an actual discussion.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Lord of the Flies (#8 Poptech’s Truth about Citizenschallenge)

I thought I could avoid Anthony Watts and Poptech’s attack piece on me, figuring I’d get to it later.  But my old pal AL (a debate mate from this past November 23 to December 13th in the “debating sock-puppet” series.) just couldn’t resist rubbing it in my face, and since his link went to Poptech’s post, I figured, OK in for a nickel, in for a dollar. 
AL writes Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 1:19 citizenschallengeYT Hahahahaha…:P populartechnology.net/2016/01/the-truth-about-whatsupwiththatwatts-et

Oh boy, talk about desperation to dig up shit, well they dug and they dug and oh the facts and links they’ve unearthed. But, even more impressive than what they unearthed - is the bizarre theatrical spin they put on everything.

All dedicated to maligning me and ignoring the evidence and the ideas I challenge them with.  What they deliberately ignore is that I’m just a messenger talking about the science and I am always ready to support my claims with references back to the authoritative science I learned from.  If you don’t believe me, try me.

On the other hand these clowns spend all their effort putting their fantastical labels on people and spinning hallucinatory yarns while claiming superiority and victory… as though it’s their’s to claim.  They make lots of noise about the science, yet they never produce any serious science when they are challenged.  Instead it always reverts to a malicious mud fight.  It’s worth making a big deal about because powerful leaders like Inhofe and Barton and the rest hide behind this sort of insanity to justify doing nothing and wasting precious time.

I’ve copied Poptech’s “Truth about WUWTW” and pasted it below and diluted the ‘horror’ with some more facts and commentary.  I eliminated some links, but I kept most, to be honest it was cool revisiting some of those pages.

Saturday, January 30, 2016
The Truth about What’sUpWithThatWatts, et al. according to Andrew Poptech.
http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2016/02/lord-of-flies-poptechs-truth.html
. . .

[ Edited: 09 December 2017 12:47 AM by Citizenschallenge-v.3 ]

Posted: 10 December 2017 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  522
Joined  2016-10-10
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 09 December 2017 12:14 AM
Beltane - 08 December 2017 06:27 PM

LOL  LOL  LOL  Why am I not surprised you totally missed the point.

What’s so tragic is that your type - the entire GOP at this point? - have no ideas, no vision, you’ve fabricated an Alternate Reality based on obsessive self-interest - you can’t argue with reason - have no interest in explaining anything or learning anything.  All you got is bags of shit to dump on anyone you don’t like.

Sorry that you can’t figure out how much of our lives this manmade global warming is screwing up beyond repair - but okay, I shouldn’t have been beating around the bush. 
Here’s a more direct response to your need try to defame me with old reruns, rather than to rationally attempt an actual discussion.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Lord of the Flies (#8 Poptech’s Truth about Citizenschallenge)

I thought I could avoid Anthony Watts and Poptech’s attack piece on me, figuring I’d get to it later.  But my old pal AL (a debate mate from this past November 23 to December 13th in the “debating sock-puppet” series.) just couldn’t resist rubbing it in my face, and since his link went to Poptech’s post, I figured, OK in for a nickel, in for a dollar. 
AL writes Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 1:19 citizenschallengeYT Hahahahaha…:P populartechnology.net/2016/01/the-truth-about-whatsupwiththatwatts-et

Oh boy, talk about desperation to dig up shit, well they dug and they dug and oh the facts and links they’ve unearthed. But, even more impressive than what they unearthed - is the bizarre theatrical spin they put on everything.

All dedicated to maligning me and ignoring the evidence and the ideas I challenge them with.  What they deliberately ignore is that I’m just a messenger talking about the science and I am always ready to support my claims with references back to the authoritative science I learned from.  If you don’t believe me, try me.

On the other hand these clowns spend all their effort putting their fantastical labels on people and spinning hallucinatory yarns while claiming superiority and victory… as though it’s their’s to claim.  They make lots of noise about the science, yet they never produce any serious science when they are challenged.  Instead it always reverts to a malicious mud fight.  It’s worth making a big deal about because powerful leaders like Inhofe and Barton and the rest hide behind this sort of insanity to justify doing nothing and wasting precious time.

I’ve copied Poptech’s “Truth about WUWTW” and pasted it below and diluted the ‘horror’ with some more facts and commentary.  I eliminated some links, but I kept most, to be honest it was cool revisiting some of those pages.

Saturday, January 30, 2016
The Truth about What’sUpWithThatWatts, et al. according to Andrew Poptech.
http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2016/02/lord-of-flies-poptechs-truth.html
. . .

No surprise you engage in dead end arguments with those people. Perhaps they haven’t reminded you the reason others “dig up dirt” on you is because a) you provide it, b) frankly you aren’t an effective communicator—and you give the impression of being a weirdo hippy.

Lets break it down: You’ve posted on this forum about being a fan of marijuana and dealing with anxiety issues. Well, this is apparent from your comments - which are often not that smart or put together on many topics besides climate. It gets boring, and after interacting with the same posters for a while you connect the dots.

Nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Posted: 10 December 2017 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2017-09-24

A post is hidden because Citizenschallenge-v.3 is being ignored.

A post is hidden because Beltane is being ignored.

That’s all I see or will ever see from both of these trolls here ever again…

try it, it’s refreshing…

2 of 2