Christian churches are insurance stores
Posted: 24 December 2017 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2016-12-24
InBetween - 24 December 2017 09:46 AM
AMH - 22 December 2017 09:05 AM

human ancestors do not include monkeys

who humans the species are has nothing at all to do with your list of reading material

you are essentially a hybrid composed of a soul and a body. the above is addressing the soul.

You look really cute. I love meerkats LOL. thanks for the share .  grin

AMH - 24 December 2017 12:39 PM

What you say I am essentially composed of is what I assume you apply to all humans.

One of the two of us know much less of what we are talking about than the other.

Okay right there is a good place to start. 

That mind, soul, body connection. 
Who you are, your existence as it unfolds is intimately bound to your body.
Beautiful, or ugly, healthy or mangled and all the shades in-between.

All we know and think is intimately bound to what we can touch and feel and taste
first interacts with your body and what its projecting and what it’s open to.

We are today the sum total of all the days that came before,
and this reaches way beyond our individual lives,
down through our blood line and the evolutionary stream to beyond when blood even existed.

Our living body is a constant exchange of molecules and neural signals, then we die.

Okay fine, you could say,
Energy doesn’t disappear but only transforms itself,
Our spirits are released from the bonds of our bodies,
free to float up into eternity and for some the gates of heaven.

But, then what are you going to do without your body?
What are you going to do without a brain to process incoming stimulation and information?
How are you going to relate to your loved ones who neither possess a body?

Weird little mysteries like that once to start thinking about them pile up until your heaven story is an avalanche of nonsense.
It’s easy to cling to such things, the child needs it’s security blanket and many humans never outgrow their childhood.

Nothing even wrong with it,
but for God sake at least be grown up enough to acknowledge that it is your particular security blanket
and not some self-certain totalitarian dogma.

Posted: 25 December 2017 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

For the hell of it I’m reposting on this page, very curious to see if any “faithful” has anything intelligent or even interesting to share in response. (no not a cute distracting one-liner, I mean a response.)

Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 23 December 2017 08:21 AM
AMH - 22 December 2017 05:53 PM

I don’t know answers to questions like “what’s God have to do with it”

Me neither, but considering how much people banter around his name I figured someone ought it.  Figured the question was worth a try.

Seems to me like it’s all a self-created delusion based on ego more than actually striving to understanding the creation we were born into and our human condition.
Oh and this “God” people keep batting other folks over the head with, doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the actual creation of our universe,  so I’m left with a fart blowing in the wind. 

Excuse the crudeness, guess I’ve got evangelicals dancing in my head, they do that to me, the disingenuous arrogant phonies,
people who are more interested in their own Prosperity Doctrine, more Profits Über Alles mentality than anything that has to do with humanity’s spiritual struggles.

Just look at how fast all their high and mighty “Christian” standards have been forgotten now that they got someone even greedier than they are into power.

Posted: 25 December 2017 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
AMH - 23 December 2017 01:24 PM

wow, i need to do better at titling. what you thought this was about is 180 out

Well, basically you mean Pascal’s Wager, right?

Posted: 25 December 2017 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  4329
Joined  2009-10-21
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 25 December 2017 08:07 AM

For the hell of it I’m reposting on this page, very curious to see if any “faithful” has anything intelligent or even interesting to share in response. (no not a cute distracting one-liner, I mean a response.)

Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 23 December 2017 08:21 AM
AMH - 22 December 2017 05:53 PM

I don’t know answers to questions like “what’s God have to do with it”

Me neither, but considering how much people banter around his name I figured someone ought it.  Figured the question was worth a try.

Seems to me like it’s all a self-created delusion based on ego more than actually striving to understanding the creation we were born into and our human condition.
Oh and this “God” people keep batting other folks over the head with, doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the actual creation of our universe,  so I’m left with a fart blowing in the wind. 

Excuse the crudeness, guess I’ve got evangelicals dancing in my head, they do that to me, the disingenuous arrogant phonies,
people who are more interested in their own Prosperity Doctrine, more Profits Über Alles mentality than anything that has to do with humanity’s spiritual struggles.

Just look at how fast all their high and mighty “Christian” standards have been forgotten now that they got someone even greedier than they are into power.

Any faithful response would be unsatisfying I suspect. I caught the key line in Tim Minchin’s holiday song today, about how he doesn’t believe that ideas that are tenacious are not automatically worthy. The shifts in culture that have been caused by Paul and the gospel writers may have had impact, but each time they were a matter of the evolution of the human mind, not some spiritual force. But because they got written up that way, then believed, they have persisted, and their persistence is used as proof of value. Each time, whether it’s Roman imperialism, or rediscovery of Greek philosophy, the memory of oppression and blood sacrifices is cleansed from the collective, a “new” revelation is claimed that somehow is justified by the ancient, and the argument over bread crumbs continues to overshadow any real and pressing concerns for the welfare of children or the quality of air and water.

On some level, someone who benefits from this is aware of exactly how it works. Until we can look inside people’s minds, we’ll never know if Joel Osteen really believes he is helping people or not. Obviously it is working for him and he may not think beyond that. For the less educated and less well off, they either aren’t capable or just don’t have the time to think through it. Conforming to your support group is easier than searching for something better. It’s easier to use the simple logic of the Noah story, if it’s not working, wipe it out and start over. So we get cries for term limits, without a thought for who they would vote IN after they throw the “bums” out.

So the evangelical response is that we just don’t feel the love of Jesus. In John 15, he tells us, “You are my friends if you do what I command you.” Which I know to not be any kind of love at all. Even if you stick those quotes in their face, they’ll tell you it’s you who needs to read the Bible and understand the true meaning. They will quote the verse that immediately precedes it, about the ultimate sacrifice, and the narrative of how this particular god is the right one because it came down and was a part of us. It’s only meaningful if it’s true and it’s only true if you believe it, if you let it into your heart. At that point, they have essentially defined self delusion and their defense mechanisms will kick in to high gear if you point it out.

Posted: 25 December 2017 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  4375
Joined  2014-06-20
AMH - 15 December 2017 05:41 AM

The Christian insurance product is a Life After Death. Policy. Very profitable- never a claim.

I’m surprised insurance companies all over the world aren’t hawking Afterlife policies.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 26 December 2017 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2017-10-26
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 22 December 2017 02:37 PM
InBetween - 18 December 2017 07:01 PM

If you knew who you truly are….

A Conqueror in Christ -Romans 8:37
A Member of the royal Priesthood - 1st Peter 2:9
A heir—of God and co-heir with Christ -Galatians 4:7
A Pillar in the Temple of God -Revelation 3:12
An Oak of Righteousness -Isaiah 61:3
A Vessel of Honor 2nd Timothy 2:21
A Vessel of Mercy Romans 9:23
A god -Psalms 82:6

Etc.

What’s that list got to do with who “you” are?

EVERYTHING.

Hell, what’s it got to do with the “god” of light and creation, life and love?

EVERYTHING.

Hell, what does the label “god” even mean???

Your mom, spiritual one. LOL.

Posted: 26 December 2017 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2017-10-26

What you say I am essentially composed of is what I assume you apply to all humans.

As far as the basics, Yeah. We are all souls riding fleshly motor vehicles. As do the animals by the way. and even the plants….Yeah, it gets complicated. spirits/souls are not all the same though. They have ranks and calibers….

One of the two of us know much less of what we are talking about than the other.

Like you don’t seem to know that we all bleed if we’re cut with a razor or something like that? Yeah, I think so.

Posted: 26 December 2017 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2017-10-26
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 24 December 2017 09:34 PM

you assume too much little one. what makes you think I believe in such crap as the heaven you likely secretly believe in? what makes you think I use god as a blanket?
you seem to suffer from some mental illness considering your gushing nastiness and misery….

You don’t know the make up of a soul, or what kind of energy it is. No one knows. You think like a monkey, Much like your ancestors.

....Looking good. So keep going….

[ Edited: 26 December 2017 05:41 PM by InBetween ]

Posted: 30 December 2017 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

∞§

InBetween - 26 December 2017 05:38 PM

you assume too much little one. what makes you think I believe in such crap as the heaven you likely secretly believe in? what makes you think I use god as a blanket? *
you seem to suffer from some mental illness considering your gushing nastiness and misery.... {Seriously?!  Is that how you build yourself up by slandering others whom you don’t even know? }
You don’t know the make up of a soul, or what kind of energy it is. {I didn’t claim to} No one knows. {Now you’re making my point for me}
You think like a monkey, Much like your ancestors. {Is that actually called for?  How did I upset you?  We can reason through this.  smile  }
....Looking good. So keep going….

I got the impression you believed in the Bible and Heaven thing from this:

InBetween - 18 December 2017 07:01 PM

Quite frankly, There is A Lot more to you than your private parts and what you’re willing to do with them.

If you knew who you truly are….

A Conqueror in Christ -Romans 8:37
A Member of the royal Priesthood - 1st Peter 2:9
A heir—of God and co-heir with Christ -Galatians 4:7
A Pillar in the Temple of God -Revelation 3:12
An Oak of Righteousness -Isaiah 61:3
A Vessel of Honor 2nd Timothy 2:21
A Vessel of Mercy Romans 9:23
A god -Psalms 82:6

Etc.

Rather than playing uppity, why not simply try to communicate, we don’t need to like each other, we can still attempt being civil. 
We simply don’t need to be taking ourselves so f’n seriously dude, a challenge is simply a challenge, lighten up. 
I was curious to understand your thinking better, you did post your stuff on a public discussion board, so coming off all offended is silly.

Now I’m even more curious to understand you - What was in the following that upset you so?
======================================================================

InBetween - 26 December 2017 05:38 PM

considering your gushing nastiness and misery

InBetween - 24 December 2017 09:46 AM
AMH - 22 December 2017 09:05 AM

human ancestors do not include monkeys.
Who humans the species are has nothing at all to do with your list of reading material

you are essentially a hybrid composed of a soul and a body. the above is addressing the soul.

Okay right there is a good place to start. 

That mind, soul, body connection. 
Who you are, your existence as it unfolds is intimately bound to your body.
Beautiful, or ugly, healthy or mangled and all the shades in-between.

All we know and think is intimately bound to what we can touch and feel and taste
first interacts with your body and what its projecting and what it’s open to.

We are today the sum total of all the days that came before,
and this reaches way beyond our individual lives,
down through our blood line and the evolutionary stream to beyond when blood even existed.

Our living body is a constant exchange of molecules and neural signals, then we die.

Okay fine, you could say,
Energy doesn’t disappear but only transforms itself,
Our spirits are released from the bonds of our bodies,
free to float up into eternity and for some the gates of heaven.

But, then what are you going to do without your body?
What are you going to do without a brain to process incoming stimulation and information?
How are you going to relate to your loved ones who neither possess a body?

Weird little mysteries like that once to start thinking about them pile up until your heaven story is an avalanche of nonsense.
It’s easy to cling to such things, the child needs it’s security blanket and many humans never outgrow their childhood.

Nothing even wrong with it,
but for God sake at least be grown up enough to acknowledge that it is your particular security blanket
and not some self-certain totalitarian dogma.

I wonder if you can point out this “nastiness” and “misery” in some sort of rational, objective, manner?    hmmm

Posted: 31 December 2017 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2015-11-28

I am really having a hard time following your post

Posted: 02 January 2018 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2017-10-26
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 30 December 2017 10:29 PM

You think you know everything but you really don’t know much in truth. Let’s just leave it at that. There is so much you don’t know about Christianity. SO MUCH!!! Why can’t you JUST accept that?!?!?! I don’t know much about science and I don’t try to claim I do. I just leave it the Phaq alone. for 95% of the time, if I approach it, I do as a student. Simple and basic. Try to learn from that. ‘And YES, in your attacks and rantings, you do come across as nasty and miserable.

Posted: 02 January 2018 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  4329
Joined  2009-10-21
InBetween - 02 January 2018 06:55 PM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 30 December 2017 10:29 PM

You think you know everything but you really don’t know much in truth. Let’s just leave it at that. There is so much you don’t know about Christianity. SO MUCH!!! Why can’t you JUST accept that?!?!?! I don’t know much about science and I don’t try to claim I do. I just leave it the Phaq alone. for 95% of the time, if I approach it, I do as a student. Simple and basic. Try to learn from that. ‘And YES, in your attacks and rantings, you do come across as nasty and miserable.

In other words InBetween, you can’t explain what you said, so you’ll just fling insults.

Posted: 04 January 2018 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  269
Joined  2017-09-24
AMH - 15 December 2017 05:41 AM

The Christian insurance product is a Life After Death. Policy. Very profitable- never a claim.

After Constantine the Christian Church became just another tool of control in the Roman Empire.

They may have sold the promise of life after death, but the whole point of having one religion controlled by a priesthood loyal to the state was power on Earth.

So combination insurance agency, secret police, thought control institute.

2 of 2