Trolling is a threat which isn’t taken seriously
Posted: 02 January 2018 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2016-10-10
DougC.V2 - 02 January 2018 01:04 PM
Cuckoo - 21 December 2017 03:33 AM
Beltane - 20 December 2017 06:32 PM

A good start is avoiding disqus comments.

As far as the bigger picture, what should be done? Trolling is against the rules basically everywhere but mods can’t be there every moment of the day. That doesn’t leave many realistic options besides growing thicker skin and ignoring it.

Hardly realistic since Disqus is everywhere now. You can’t ignore it if it’s on every thread. I’d like to see you ignore it and grow thicker skin when they invade a forum like this one.

See my post above, check his posts, beltane got his start here rudely attacking anyone critical of Putin and trump, he’s likely exactly what I was talking about.

This isn’t just going on in American online forums, this is worldwide everywhere that the Putin government feels it has an interest. It is basically psychological warfare and considering that Putin did a great deal to get his man elected to the Oval Office it is having a huge success for the Russian government.

This piqued my curiosity, so I checked my comment history to discover that I started here by responding to Titanomachina’s philosophical quandaries.

Posted: 02 January 2018 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2017-09-24

just leave already, non one wants you here troll…

Posted: 03 January 2018 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2017-09-24

We really should take online alt-right trolls seriously, because some of them carry through on their violent threats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-_xevknVOo

Posted: 03 January 2018 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2017-09-24

trolling is a way to shut down discussion on subjects the troll doesn’t want addressed and it goes on here constantly.

Mike Yohe has been trolling us all for years on an existential threat that is already deadly, you can’t have a rational discussion on human forced climate change here without Yohe eventually derailing it and nothing is done to prevent this over and over. And when he finally runs out of idiotic things to post on the matter then CC “asks” him to clarify some moronic thing he’s posted in the past and the whole cycle starts all over again. Even though it’s obvious to anyone with any knowledge in the matter what a total climate change denial troll Yohe is.

Or beltane who as I posted above started an entire thread on some bullshit examination of Franklin Roosevelt because he didn’t want to deal with what a traitor trump is to the US. Then upped the ante in defence of Putin by trying to claim that Russia armed with almost 2,000 nukes - and about to introduce the most powerful weapon system in history - and engaging in extensive cyberwarfare against western nations doesn’t present a very serious threat to all of us here.

trolls have an idiot position and to defend it resort to lies, intimidation and when that isn’t enough direct threats.

They have no place in rational discussion because their whole focus is on preventing rational discussion.

They are nuts and they want the rest of world to appear as totally insane as they are.

3 of 3