Patient dumping in the US…
Posted: 12 January 2018 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2017-10-26

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mom-says-heartless-hospital-dumped-daughter-in-the-cold/ar-AAuBJeG?li=BBnbcA1

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/patient-dumping-outside-hospitals-caught-on-tape/?ftag=MSF0951a18

A mentally ill patient was dumped outside of a hospital by no less that 4 hospital security guards on a bus stop wearing nothing but her hospital gown and her socks on a 30 degree temperature dead of Night. Not even during the day…. When a witness called 911 to get her some help, she ended up being taken back to the same place that threw her out. And the “honorable” place claim they have and I quote (LOL.) “a psychiatric unit”!!!! Holy cooww…

This is so humiliating to the medical establishment in this country. And this is not the first time that happened. Apparently it is a routine thing to do to those who have no insurance or no money to pay for their care. Least they could do is get her a coat, a hospital blanket and some shoes.

Last time I checked, Hospitals are “scientific” establishments, aren’t they?
they could have looked up the closest church in the neighborhood and call them to come and pick her up at the very least, but apparently they have no amount of decency to unable them to take the needed step.
Especially since her mother was not allowed to get in touch with her for some stupid reason… Oh my god. This is unsane. Make sure you don’t get sick under any circumstances.

[ Edited: 12 January 2018 04:20 PM by InBetween ]

Posted: 13 January 2018 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2016-10-10

It is terrible, though I’m withholding judgement until the investigation is finished.

University of Maryland medical center is quite a renowned hospital—it pioneered shock trauma medicine in the civilian world, and is highly regarded in transplant surgery, so its unlikely to be badly managed or staffed.

I’m predicting this incident was due to retarded security guards.

Posted: 14 January 2018 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2016-12-24
Beltane - 13 January 2018 06:48 PM

Or,... perhaps only because a camera was rolling?

Posted: 15 January 2018 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4375
Joined  2014-06-20

It is terrible, though I’m withholding judgement until the investigation is finished.

University of Maryland medical center is quite a renowned hospital—it pioneered shock trauma medicine in the civilian world, and is highly regarded in transplant surgery, so its unlikely to be badly managed or staffed.

Is that the way a hospital should be run, with the security guards in charge?

The security guards would have no reason to dump patients unless they were directed to do so, most likely from the administration. How does dumping patients advantage the Security Guards?

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 15 January 2018 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
LoisL - 15 January 2018 03:02 PM

Is that the way a hospital should be run, with the security guards in charge?

The security guards would have no reason to dump patients unless they were directed to do so, most likely from the administration. How does dumping patients advantage the Security Guards?

Who said anything about “advantaging” the guards, I said the guards messed up probably because they’re idiots, and most likely unemployed now.

Also there is virtually no chance of administative malfeasance at such an eminent hospital.

Posted: 15 January 2018 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2016-12-24

shit happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilbejpwQ3o

Posted: 16 January 2018 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2017-10-26

I agree with what you said about the first part, but I JUST so happen to have An Extensive High level commercial security background. Guards are in a building to enforce policies, Not make or Re-write them. When they do something as drastic as this, it usually comes from Management. The Post Orders usually have a list of Big names to call when something as wild as this needs to be OKed. And I am sure they called few b4 they proceeded. So they are clear.

Posted: 16 January 2018 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
InBetween - 16 January 2018 06:08 PM

I agree with what you said about the first part, but I JUST so happen to have An Extensive High level commercial security background. Guards are in a building to enforce policies, Not make or Re-write them. When they do something as drastic as this, it usually comes from Management. The Post Orders usually have a list of Big names to call when something as wild as this needs to be OKed. And I am sure they called few b4 they proceeded. So they are clear.

Maybe you’re right, nevertheless I’m still skeptical and reserving judgment until more details come out.

Posted: 17 January 2018 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2017-10-26

The main details already have come in. It looks bad.