1 of 2
Who would vote for these creeps
Posted: 06 February 2018 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  327
Joined  2017-09-24

It just keeps getting uglier and uglier with the US republican party.

Not only do they have a traitor for a president…

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/19787/

They now have a Holocaust denying nazi running as a republican for Congress in Illinois

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/arthur-jones-republican-nomination_us_5a77d3f6e4b0905433b5bd84

A former leader in the American Nazi Party is about to be the only Republican on the ticket for a congressional race in Illinois.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Arthur Jones, a Holocaust denier who has repeatedly tried ― and failed ― to attain office, is the only candidate seeking the GOP nod for the seat in the heavily Democratic 3rd Congressional District.

Paul Ryan who made damn sure that US billionaires got the sweetest tax deal in US history, with the 1%ers getting over an average of $51,000 in cuts a year, got a massive “donation” of $500,000 from the Kochs for saving them billions.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a15844720/paul-ryan-tax-bill-koch-donation/

House Speaker Paul Ryan collected nearly $500,000 in campaign contributions from Charles Koch and his wife after helping usher through a massive tax reform law. According to a recent campaign finance report filed Thursday, Koch and his wife Elizabeth each donated $247,7000 to Ryan’s joint fundraising committee… The Republican tax overhaul plan passed in December benefited Koch Industries, as it cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, among other cuts. The legislation then got a boost from the Kochs’ multimillion-dollar public relations campaign to highlight its benefits. And 13 days after it passed, Charles and Elizabeth Koch made the near $500,000 donation to Team Ryan, which raises money for the congressman, the National Republican Congressional Committee and a political action committee run by Ryan. On the same day, Charles and Elizabeth Koch also each donated $237,000 to the NRCC.

Then tweets about a woman who gets an extra $1.50 a week… the middle class gets $60 a year as trickle down. Before deleting it when people rightly called him out for how out of touch he is with the reality of most Americans who can’t afford to buy him off like the Kochs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/03/politics/paul-ryan-tweet-tax-cut-backlash/index.html

House Speaker Paul Ryan deleted a tweet Saturday touting the GOP tax overhaul after critics called him out for appearing out of touch with the reality of low-income individuals’ financial situations.

The tweet shared the story of a secretary who, according to a report by the Associated Press, was “pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week.”

“A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, PA, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week ... she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year,” Ryan tweeted with a link to the full article.

They are totally out of touch of reality and in some cases as with the nazi downright evil.

I think taking massive payoffs to work exclusively for billionaires by a Congressperson is its own kind of evil, when you consider that millions of Americans will be losing health care and Social Security to pay for this massive windfall for the already incredibly wealthy.

Like I said, who the hell would vote for these creeps… besides the assholes who keep buying them off.

Posted: 06 February 2018 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1610
Joined  2012-04-25

You’ve nailed the problem on the head. Roughly half of god-bless-America doesn’t even consider them creeps and in fact agree with them behind the closed doors of the voting booth.

Posted: 06 February 2018 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2009-10-21

I had a fairly calm debate with my Republican in-laws recently. They live very far away, so I didn’t worry too much about what I said. It started out with one of them complaining that they worked hard all their life, and now some of their tax money was going to support the child of a teenage immigrant. She knew of a specific story of a High School dropout who got pregnant, and that was enough to prove to her that “they” were bringing down the country. I pointed out there were hundreds more in the High School that were doing just fine, and there were thousands of pregnant white middle class teenagers all over the country acting just like this one. None of that mattered. She was convinced that a 16 year old girl with parents who supported her in making this decision, somehow should know how the world works and make better decisions. I pointed out that no society has ever eliminated all free-loaders, and we don’t know where these kids are going to end up anyway. I know people who are products of shotgun marriages, and they are doing just fine.

The funniest part was, when one of them talked about how they need to “assimilate”. This meant that this generation would be dropouts, the next would graduate High School, then the next would finally produce a college graduate. What’s funny is, he is third generation from Germany, and his kid is the first PhD in that family. So really, assimilate means, be just like him. I was too warn out at that point to explain that, or that in every war ever, people have come to this country, fought and died for us, without ever getting to be a citizen. Can’t get much more assimilated than that.

Posted: 06 February 2018 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2017-09-24

The problem in the US isn’t the “freeloaders”, most of the wealth in the country is now in the hands of the wealthy and as we just saw with the tax bill brought forward by a billionaire republican president and passed by billionaire funded republicans in Congress they clearly want it all.

Paul Ryan did everything to make this happen and as a reward he gets $500,000 from the Kochs alone while telling middle class Americans how lucky they are get $1.50 a week short term increase. That works out to a just over 3 cents an hour raise while trump, the Waltons, the Kochs and anybody like them gets billions back. The Middle class and poor will lose far more than that over the coming years as Medicare, Medicade and Social Security are defunded to pay for the windfall the already wealthy will get.

And a lot of that wealth comes from subsidies that major corporations have gotten for years. Like the $700 billion bailout of Wall Street 10 years ago. Or how Walmart downloads a lot of it costs onto the American public, but it’s not alone. A huge segment of US business is based on getting the public to pay for many many of their costs then paying as little back as possible.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2014/04/15/report-walmart-workers-cost-taxpayers-6-2-billion-in-public-assistance/#5a702f0720b7

https://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/18/free_lunch_how_the_wealthiest_americans

As for immigrants, the US is an immigrant nation, very few people there have a history that goes back more than a few hundred years, and there are very few original natives left. The Daca kids are some of the most law abiding and productive segments of US society because theu know if they screw up they will be deported. The rate of crime is much higher with US citizens.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/why-the-trump-administrations-daca-policy-is-indefensible.html

And now because the sitting US president has made it clear he has no problem at all with violent neo-nazis, the US has the kind of problems that turned pre-war Germany into a total disaster.

I hope the republican party loses it’s Congressional majority this year, they don’t deserve to have any control in the US now because they are working for a hostile foreign power and hostile mega-billionaires.

Until the party returns to its roots it should be shunned, this was the party that first freed the slaves, then passed legislation that made them US citizens then passed a law that gave them the vote. And now it wants all minorities out of the country. trump’s own son-in-law is Jewish, but trump is encouraging forces that if they get away from control could produce ethnic cleansing on an epic scale.

And he’s also busy trying to eliminate any effective law enforcement in the US, the Nunes memo directly attacks the ability of the FBI and DOJ to do anything now.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/politics/trump-tweet-nunes-memo/index.html

A vote for the republicans is now a vote for the end of America.

Posted: 06 February 2018 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2017-09-24

Then of course there is Roy Moore, a well recognized pedophile who was banned from malls and the YMCA for stalking young girls. If the republicans had their way he would now be in Congress.

Posted: 06 February 2018 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2017-09-24

And it just gets more insane…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2R46iizhA

republicans… they “love” America, just hate most Americans…

Posted: 06 February 2018 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2009-10-21

To be clear, I didnt say freeloaders are the problem. I was saying they exist but they aren’t a reason to cut services to peolpe with real needs.

Posted: 06 February 2018 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2017-09-24
Lausten - 06 February 2018 06:46 PM

To be clear, I didnt say freeloaders are the problem. I was saying they exist but they aren’t a reason to cut services to peolpe with real needs.

I got that.

The point I was making is that there’s a huge difference between someone that collects subsistence level - if that - welfare and people who have made billions of dollars by scamming the government like the Walton family.

Posted: 07 February 2018 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1983
Joined  2016-12-24
DougC.V2 - 06 February 2018 06:33 PM

That about sums it us.

Posted: 07 February 2018 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 07 February 2018 06:23 AM
DougC.V2 - 06 February 2018 06:33 PM

That about sums it us.

Hmmm, that begs the question what about Democrats?  What’s the deal with Democrats.

I know I’m considered a pissy guy, but hey truth hurts, but I digress.  Back to wonder what about the Democrats,
for all the talk in some circles, looking at the great country, where’s the moral outrage.

Using CFI Forum as sort of an informal barometer, there hasn’t seemed to be any change whatsoever in general apathy these past two years.
So many people seem to be normalizing every shock as it comes along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9n9or4DYWM

The test will come in November.  How I hope I’m wrong.

and that there really is an awakening going on among the children of the intellectual-enlightenment.
And that we are capable of making a stand and saving our country before this corporate hostile takeover attempt succeeds.

Two general elections is about all the time we have.  Why do people not recognize that?  We’re dealing with ruthless absolutists here.
They want to literally crush us, so continuing to lay back will only make it that much easier.

Because once they wrestle away the power, they are not going to give it back and
our government By The People and For The People won’t have our backs anymore.

Posted: 07 February 2018 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

And the beat goes on, . . .

David Yankovich talks Trump’s Military Parade Fetish
http://thericksmithshow.podbean.com/e/david-yankovich-talks-trumps-military-parade-fetish/

I’m not going to be able to hear all of it, gotta get going today.
But so far seems pretty reasonable and worth considering.

Posted: 07 February 2018 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 07 February 2018 07:17 AM

and that there really is an awakening going on among the children of the intellectual-enlightenment.
And that we are capable of making a stand and saving our country before this corporate hostile takeover attempt succeeds.

The experience of my life has been to grow up believing there was revolution in the air, that a corrupt government could be taken down using legal means, only to see that dream shrivel to almost nothing and the powerful find new ways to get away with murder. More specifically to Democrats, I see them rally when things get bad, but as a group, they are content with regaining the ground they lost, sometimes even not all of it, then they go back to their yoga classes and complaining about how nothing ever changes.

Posted: 07 February 2018 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2017-09-24
Lausten - 07 February 2018 11:24 AM
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 07 February 2018 07:17 AM

The experience of my life has been to grow up believing there was revolution in the air, that a corrupt government could be taken down using legal means, only to see that dream shrivel to almost nothing and the powerful find new ways to get away with murder. More specifically to Democrats, I see them rally when things get bad, but as a group, they are content with regaining the ground they lost, sometimes even not all of it, then they go back to their yoga classes and complaining about how nothing ever changes.

The threats are existential now and I think a lot of people are coming to understand that.

Existential on an environmental level with things like climate change and pollution that is making some of the most important habitats like the oceans less and less viable.

Also existential on a social level, as the gap between the wealthy and most of the rest of humanity becomes so large that it threatens to tear societies apart. That is a big part of what is wrong in the US now.

Some of the wealthiest people are also the most psychologically insecure which means they won’t stop trying to accumulate more wealth until there is none left for anyone else.

Either we turn things around now or there will be no going back, we may have passed that point already.

Posted: 07 February 2018 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2016-12-24
DougC.V2 - 07 February 2018 04:05 PM

Either we turn things around now or there will be no going back, we may have passed that point already.

Posted: 09 February 2018 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2017-09-24

This is the piece of crap that will be running for the republicans in Illinois this November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aqYYv2k27s

Eisenhower and others extensively documented the Holocaust specifically so that assholes like this couldn’t deny it in later years.

One of the greatest Republican presidents ever made sure that we would never forget that the Nazis murdered millions of people based on their religion, their race, their politics and more.

And now a Hitler loving nazi is running for Congress as a republican… what an utter disgrace the GOP has become.

It’s a total insult to Lincoln as well and all those genuine Republicans who first freed the slaves, then made sure they were granted US citizenship then made sure they had the right to
vote.

Thank the Tea Party, thanks the Kochs, thank trump and idiotic commentators like O’Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh utter lunatics like Alex Jones and so may others racist pricks for the deplorable nature of the GOP now.

Posted: 18 February 2018 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  4389
Joined  2014-06-20
DougC.V2 - 06 February 2018 12:38 AM

It just keeps getting uglier and uglier with the US republican party.

Not only do they have a traitor for a president…

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/19787/

They now have a Holocaust denying nazi running as a republican for Congress in Illinois

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/arthur-jones-republican-nomination_us_5a77d3f6e4b0905433b5bd84

A former leader in the American Nazi Party is about to be the only Republican on the ticket for a congressional race in Illinois.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Arthur Jones, a Holocaust denier who has repeatedly tried ― and failed ― to attain office, is the only candidate seeking the GOP nod for the seat in the heavily Democratic 3rd Congressional District.

Paul Ryan who made damn sure that US billionaires got the sweetest tax deal in US history, with the 1%ers getting over an average of $51,000 in cuts a year, got a massive “donation” of $500,000 from the Kochs for saving them billions.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a15844720/paul-ryan-tax-bill-koch-donation/

House Speaker Paul Ryan collected nearly $500,000 in campaign contributions from Charles Koch and his wife after helping usher through a massive tax reform law. According to a recent campaign finance report filed Thursday, Koch and his wife Elizabeth each donated $247,7000 to Ryan’s joint fundraising committee… The Republican tax overhaul plan passed in December benefited Koch Industries, as it cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, among other cuts. The legislation then got a boost from the Kochs’ multimillion-dollar public relations campaign to highlight its benefits. And 13 days after it passed, Charles and Elizabeth Koch made the near $500,000 donation to Team Ryan, which raises money for the congressman, the National Republican Congressional Committee and a political action committee run by Ryan. On the same day, Charles and Elizabeth Koch also each donated $237,000 to the NRCC.

Then tweets about a woman who gets an extra $1.50 a week… the middle class gets $60 a year as trickle down. Before deleting it when people rightly called him out for how out of touch he is with the reality of most Americans who can’t afford to buy him off like the Kochs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/03/politics/paul-ryan-tweet-tax-cut-backlash/index.html

House Speaker Paul Ryan deleted a tweet Saturday touting the GOP tax overhaul after critics called him out for appearing out of touch with the reality of low-income individuals’ financial situations.

The tweet shared the story of a secretary who, according to a report by the Associated Press, was “pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week.”

“A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, PA, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week ... she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year,” Ryan tweeted with a link to the full article.

They are totally out of touch of reality and in some cases as with the nazi downright evil.

I think taking massive payoffs to work exclusively for billionaires by a Congressperson is its own kind of evil, when you consider that millions of Americans will be losing health care and Social Security to pay for this massive windfall for the already incredibly wealthy.

Like I said, who the hell would vote for these creeps… besides the assholes who keep buying them off.

There will always be right wing morons to vote for them. There is an endless supply.

Lois

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

1 of 2