new guy from KC
Posted: 20 March 2007 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-02-25

Hello from Kansas City, Missouri.

Have been an atheist all my life, but did not realize it until I turned 50. I was raised Catholic with all the trappings of sin, guilt, low self esteem and eternal damnation always just around the corner. Now I can say proudly that I am an apostate!

Most everyone that I know thinks that I am crazier than a pet coon, except for my kids, wife and close friends. They are all praying for me (preying on me).

I am at the end of treatment for prostate cancer and all through the ordeal many have offered their particular brand of superstition to help me get by and some have even told me that the cancer was due to the fact that I did not believe in god.

Have been reading the posts for several weeks but have not posted yet.

Cranker

Posted: 20 March 2007 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Welcome to the board, cranker ... no worries, we’re all crazier than pet coons here ...

LOL  LOL

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 20 March 2007 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-02-25

Doug,

Thanks for the welcome. Will be getting my feet wet soon.

Cranker

Posted: 20 March 2007 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02

Howdy Neighbour!  I’m south of you by about 6 hours.  Nice to have a fellow Missourian here.  :D I’m sure there are probably others, but I haven’t noticed them yet being fairly new myself.  Welcome to the board.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 March 2007 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Hi Cranker.  Thought I’d mention that I went through radiation for prostate cancer seven years ago.  My prostate is now a small, inert lump of barbecued scar tissue, and my PSA this month was 0.3, and I’m still feeling good and functional.  I wish you well. 

You may want to tell all your friends that, by their reasoning about your cancer, you commiserate with them with them since none of their grandparents were properly respectful of god because he killed all of them.

Occam