3 of 3
Is absolute truth possible?
Posted: 31 March 2007 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2007-03-15
[quote author=“Carbon based”]What I see as an absolute truth is a truth without regard to how the mind precieves it.

Yes.  For instance, where-ever sufficeintly advanced consciousness arises, no matter how far away or in how weird the conditions, cause and effect will always be true, 2+2 will always equal 4, a distinct appearance always will be a distinct appearance, and yes, changemomentum will always be constant. 

With regards to motion, whether you precieve motion or not, you are in fact always in motion. 

But what do you think this ‘you’ or this ‘self’ is though?  What I mean is, do not all things lack inherent existence? 

Of course. 

All things are like an eddy in a stream, or a wave in the ocean.  They have no indepednent existence of their own, and where they begin or end is relative to the boundaries consciousness imposes upon the energy percieved.  Begining and ends are illusionary. 

The very atoms of your body are in constant motion, You are on a planet that spins on it’s axis, and which revolves around the sun, which in turn orbits the galaxy etc.  Regardless if you can sense it or not.

Yes, the Totality of all that is, an infinitely varied yet undivided energy, is in constant momentum, and is without begining or end.

Posted: 31 March 2007 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2007-02-17

But what do you think this ‘you’ or this ‘self’ is though? What I mean is, do not all things lack inherent existence?

Whither humans exsit or not this holds true.  Does it ONLY hold true because we exist to precieve it?  I think not.

an infinitely varied yet undivided energy

This I’m not to sure what your saying in regards to “energy”, matter and energy are different but one can be converted to the other and so forth.

Signature 

http://www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com

Posted: 31 March 2007 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Cory: But what do you think this ‘you’ or this ‘self’ is though? What I mean is, do not all things lack inherent existence?

Carbon: Whether humans exist or not, this holds true.  Does it ONLY hold true because we exist to precieve it?  I think not.

That’s right.  Lies exist only because there is consciousness to believe them.  But truth always is, regardless of consciousness, and often in spite of consciousness.

Lies are created(often pleasurably), whereas truth is discovered(often painfully).  LOL

Cory: An infinitely varied yet undivided energy

Carbon: this I’m not too sure what your saying in regards to “energy”, matter and energy are different but one can be converted to the other and so forth.

For the sake of industry and convenient functioning, it is very useful to create a distinction between the two, but it seems to me that matter is not some inherently existing thing, but rather, it is an expression of energy. 

The two, are one. 

It’s like comedy.  What is it? 

If you go into it, you’ll find that comedy is an expression of distress, and distress is an expression of a particular configuration of matter, and mater is the expression of a particular configuration of energy, etc.

Posted: 31 March 2007 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

It’s like comedy.  What is it? 

If you go into it, you’ll find that comedy is an expression of distress

Here’s a good example - link

Posted: 31 March 2007 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2007-02-17

with all due respect your last two posts sounds like gibberish.  You lost me there chief.  :(

Signature 

http://www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com

Posted: 31 March 2007 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

[quote author=“Carbon based”]with all due respect your last two posts sounds like gibberish.  You lost me there chief.  :(

I got the impression that you agreed with me then when I said:

But what do you think this ‘you’ or this ‘self’ is though? What I mean is, do not all things lack inherent existence?

Of course.

All things are like an eddy in a stream, or a wave in the ocean. They have no indepednent existence of their own, and where they begin or end is relative to the boundaries consciousness imposes upon the energy percieved. Begining and ends are illusionary.

——————————————————————————————————————-

So, do you agree with the above or not?

3 of 3