Hemant Mehta - I Sold My Soul on Ebay
Posted: 04 May 2007 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2006-11-24

Let me suggest that DJ or Tom start a thread for each new program so that it’s out there with the proper title, in sequence.

Anyway, an interesting conversation. One random thought that came to me was that soon we’ll have web sites akin to restaurant evaluation sites where customers tell us how they liked the service and what whether what was dished out was fresh, stale, inspiring or insipid. I’ll probably check out the book at some point to get a sense of religious life out there. Beats having to go out myself. I bet it conveys a better, more direct impression than the made-for-TV services of televangelists.
[img:3785614185]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7b/DSC_0058_reduced.jpg[/img:3785614185]

Posted: 04 May 2007 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

I’ve promised Hemant a review on his book.  I hope to get that done in the next couple of weeks.  I hate being so slow about it, but I have others things in the way that I was committed to prior to receiving his book to read and write a review.  :?

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 14 May 2007 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4052
Joined  2006-11-28

As one of the folks here who complains about “angry” and “evangelical” atheists, I was pleased to hear Hemmet’s POV on the show. Obviously, there’s room for a variety of styles and perspectives, but I do think we’re likley to make more headway with a scientific and humanist agenda by finding common ground where and when it can be found.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 14 May 2007 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18

What he said.