Holy Crap!  That British guy won the paranormal challenge!
Posted: 06 May 2007 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-03-29

I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t stayed all the way through the event and seen it with my own eyes…the guy actually correctly picked 25 (at least) of the 30 possible selections (5 or so would’ve been the expected, random result).

The chance of this remote viewer guessing 25 or more correct answers is well under 1 in a trillion according to my online binomial calucaltor…honestly, I don’t ever recall when I’ve seen Jim Underdown, Bob Ladendorf and the rest of the gang looking so perplexed, agitated and downright fuming!

This can’t be good…and we’re talking 50 large here, real money.  Could it be?  Is it time to throw in the towel and admit the obvious?

Posted: 10 May 2007 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-07

Sorry, Uncle Gek.  You obviously did not stay through the entire event.  The “British Guy” was magician Howard Posener.  We revealed in the end that the test was not real.  The only people being tested were Los Angeles skeptics, to see if they could spot cheating.  It was an object lesson in why strict protocols are needed in a real test.  The $50,000 is safe and sound.

More to come . . .

Posted: 11 May 2007 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18

We want video!

Posted: 12 May 2007 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-07

Patience . . .

Posted: 12 October 2007 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2006-02-09

Here is the video:
http://www.iigwest.com/

Posted: 12 October 2007 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2006-04-18

I am amazed that I have 5 months of patience. ... er well . early onset senility fueled ... but still.

Posted: 16 October 2007 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-09

I think my dear friend Owen, the person who urged patience, had some other stuff on his mind lately (recently married), and the posting about the Paranormal Challenge kinda fell off his radar. I post on this board once in awhile, and happened to notice that the digital file about the Paranormal Challenge had never subsequently been mentioned, altho it’s been on the IIG website for quite awhile. So—what did you think about the performance?  Do you think it was an effective way to teach about the tricks used by cold readers?

Posted: 16 October 2007 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2006-04-18

It was a very good show and highly educational…for skeptics. I think as usual believers need to find their own way to a skeptical mindset before they will accept that this was a setup. I have heard too many reports from mentalists who do these shows and admit their tricks, but how some in the audience still insist the performer has special supernatural power.

Posted: 16 October 2007 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-09

Probably you are right, except for those who are closet skeptics, and who just need to see such evidence a few times in order to spark their curiosity. I guess that’s what we hoped for.

Thanks for taking time to watch the presentation.  cool smile