Believers vs Atheist on Nightline tonight
Posted: 10 May 2007 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22

This should be interesting.  Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are apparently debating atheists on Nightline tonight.  Here is a short little interview with the ever so fair Bill Oriely (insert sarcassam).  I love how he states how he felt he beat Richard Dawkins in a debate the last time he was on his show.  I really don’t know if I have the stomach to watch this or not.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?050907/050907_oreilly_cameron&OReilly_Factor&Kirk Cameron defends God on TV&acc&O'Reilly Factor&-1&Shows&281&&&new

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”

Posted: 10 May 2007 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18

It is a laugh riot.

Posted: 10 May 2007 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

You know, there have been so many of these kinds of debates, that they have lost their entertainment value for me, but I do think the Rational Response Squad (Kelly and Sapient) had the stronger side of the debate.  The Christian side was left stuttering for something intellectually convincing.  Thing is, all they could think of was a play on the emotions, as Kelly pointed out.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 10 May 2007 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

You can watch it here . (Not sure if this captures the whole “debate” or just clips as I haven’t had time to look at it.)

Posted: 10 May 2007 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Rational Response Squad has it too.  It’s storming here and we have a storm warning, so I’ll post the link later.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 11 May 2007 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-22
[quote author=“Mriana”]You know, there have been so many of these kinds of debates, that they have lost their entertainment value for me, but I do think the Rational Response Squad (Kelly and Sapient) had the stronger side of the debate.  The Christian side was left stuttering for something intellectually convincing.  Thing is, all they could think of was a play on the emotions, as Kelly pointed out.

I agree religion is really a personal “thing”, when it is placed in a rational discussion it is defeated everytime because the basis of the discusions are coming froming two different perspectives i.e. science = rational thought, religion = emotional responses.

Signature 

Posted: 11 May 2007 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Not to mention, it’s the religious who generally ask for these debates.  Why?  It makes no sense when they never seem to have the winning argument.  You would think they would give up and stop asking to debate the non-religious on such matters.  Let’s face it, they are shooting themselves in the foot everytime they do this.  Thing is, they have the idea it is evangelizing.  rolleyes  To whom and for whom?  The non-religious to the religious?  It ain’t the Christians to the non-religious, because they don’t have any rational arguments.  So, we sit back and laugh at the at the irrational Christians- for a while at least.  Now it’s old and we’re not laughing, but rather bored by it all.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 11 May 2007 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-22
[quote author=“Mriana”]Not to mention, it’s the religious who generally ask for these debates.  Why?  It makes no sense when they never seem to have the winning argument.  You would think they would give up and stop asking to debate the non-religious on such matters.  Let’s face it, they are shooting themselves in the foot everytime they do this.  Thing is, they have the idea it is evangelizing.  rolleyes  To whom and for whom?  The non-religious to the religious?  It ain’t the Christians to the non-religious, because they don’t have any rational arguments.  So, we sit back and laugh at the at the irrational Christians- for a while at least.  Now it’s old and we’re not laughing, but rather bored by it all.

Amen! (Sorry)

Signature 

Posted: 11 May 2007 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

LOL  It’s ok, Peachey.  I don’t offend easily by the little things like that.  wink

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 13 May 2007 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-04-30

Response

What was the response of the christians to the argument that if there is a god, he must have been created by some other creator?

Signature 

Dmitriy
http://www.refuter.com

Posted: 15 May 2007 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-22

Re: Response

[quote author=“refuter”]What was the response of the christians to the argument that if there is a god, he must have been created by some other creator?

There really wasn’t one worth discussing.  They stated something to the effect that God lives outside time and space and there are no “limits” on him/her.  :? It’s the classic procrustean method.

Signature