New CFI Website
Posted: 12 May 2007 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15356
Joined  2006-02-14

Looking great!

:D

Forum will be updated in a few more days.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7547
Joined  2007-03-02

I had dropped in for a bit earlier today and I love the new format.  I went there to get the link to CSER for someone (a theist who somehow had the mistaken belief that atheists only deal with the Bible) and it looks awesome.  Anyway, if they go to the “about” page, they will see it is more than just the Bible, but also a critical study of the Qu’ran as well as other things.

Now what I want to know is, why didn’t anyone translate the Latin on the first page?  I have no clue what that says, even if I do keep up with the Jesus Project and alike.  :(

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 13 May 2007 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Sorry, but if that’s the final home page, I don’t like it.  There’s no clear or intuitive way in the menu line to get to the forum or discussions. 

Occam

Posted: 13 May 2007 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
[quote author=“Occam”]There’s no clear or intuitive way in the menu line to get to the forum or discussions. 

:?:

It’s the large button at the bottom of the page with the bullhorn. Seems pretty clear to me, and I like the graphic. (Although a bullhorn might be a bit of a poor suggestion for some ...  :wink: ).

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 13 May 2007 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2006-07-17

Crap, now my old bookmarks don’t work.

Signature 

http://www.rationalrevolution.net

Posted: 13 May 2007 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18
[quote author=“dougsmith”][quote author=“Occam”]There’s no clear or intuitive way in the menu line to get to the forum or discussions. 

:?:

It’s the large button at the bottom of the page with the bullhorn. Seems pretty clear to me, and I like the graphic. (Although a bullhorn might be a bit of a poor suggestion for some ...  :wink: ).

Now see there…perspective… I thought it was to represent the heavy “police” presence.

Posted: 13 May 2007 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Sorry, I guess I’m getting rigid in my old age.  Every other forum I’ve been on had ALL the selections in the menu line at the top, so I didn’t even think to go all the way to the bottom.  Personally I’d prefer it at the top so I could go to the forum as soon as I log on rather than having to scroll to the bottom.  Very minor, but . . .

Occam

Posted: 13 May 2007 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I found out today that not all of the links work currently.  Hopefully they get that fixed soon.  I forgot which links don’t work though.  :(  I should have written them down so that I could post them here.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 13 May 2007 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
[quote author=“cgallaga”]Now see there…perspective… I thought it was to represent the heavy “police” presence.

I think it represents the number of loudmouths we’ve had ...

:wink:

I imagine that with new URLs for the CFI web pages it will break a lot of links. That’s going to be a real annoyance for some posts here and elsewhere.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 13 May 2007 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Hopefully they can get them fixed soon.  Even on, I think it was the Council for Secular Humanism, the link to CSER doesn’t work anymore.  I found it of course, I had to find the link to CFI’s main site.  I have the board in my bookmarks, but not CFI itself or didn’t until now.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 15 May 2007 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2006-01-21

Regarding the forums and the new site, as Doug said, the forums will be moved over in the next few days. We will post an announcment here giving everyone 24 hours notice and will shut down the forums for a period of time as we migrate all of the data over to the new system. I am sure everyone can appreaciate the amount of work involved with that and we appreciate your patience.

To address some of the other comments regarind the new website:

- As some of you noticed not all of the content has been moved over to the new website, we are hard at work on that and everything should be fleshed out by the end of the week.

- We are doing our best to avoid braking old links, if you find a link to the old cfisite that no longer works in this new version please email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

- The forums will be featured very prominately in the new site, the button with the bullhorn at the bottom is just temporary.

This has been a big undertaking and it still under construction. We appreciate your feedback.

Cheers!

Thomas

Signature 

Thomas Donnelly
Center for Inquiry?
716-636-7571 ext 420
tdonnelly (at) centerforinquiry.net
http://www.centerforinquiry.net

Posted: 15 May 2007 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Thanks for the address, Thomas.  Now that I know what to do with links that don’t work, I keep note of them and send them to that addy.  smile

BTW, does this also mean I will have to update my bookmarks concerning any articles I may have bookmarked on CFI?

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 20 May 2007 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

I tried the fast reply a few hours ago, it didn’t work, here is a second try.

All in all this is a great transition. altho once recognized a member ought to be able to use this feature.

So here is try #2.
Jim

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)