C. S. Lewis; Never an Atheist (my research paper)
Posted: 24 May 2007 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

This is the research paper that I was doing for my C. S. Lewis class that I was talking about.  I made an “A” on it and the prof was very impressed.  I wanted to share it here because it does discuss Humanism and other philosophies in an effort to prove my thesis.  Again, I make no profit off this, I just want to share it.  Enjoy!  And feedback is always appreciated.  :D Thanks.

C. S. Lewis; Never an Atheist, Just Went Full Circle With His Beliefs  Right click to open in a new window or you’ll leave the board.  Not sure how to fix that yet.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 May 2007 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Congrats on the ‘A’ paper, Mriana!

grin

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 24 May 2007 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Thanks, Doug.  cheese  I apparently put “Old Knock” AKA W.T. Kirkpatrick to good use too.  I just loved what he said, “You can have enlightenment for ninepense but you prefer ignorance” and just had to use it along with his other sayings too.  The man would have called Lewis on it, most definitely and made him think.  Lewis didn’t know the meaning of the word atheist obviously or he thought it meant, a rejection of theism.  In which case, he was a non-theist, but not a true atheist.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 25 May 2007 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

Good paper!  Forgive me for pointing out one small typographical error, though.  Your 19th footnote reads “193”.

Posted: 25 May 2007 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Whoops!  I couldn’t get the links to the citations to work on site, so I must have messed up when I tried to remove the links.  Thanks for pointing that out for me, Advocatus.  I’ll get that fixed right away.

I’m glad you enjoyed my paper too.  smile Thanks so much for the feedback.

Signature 

Mriana

‹‹ Can I vent?      Competition With Religion? ››