4 of 4
Poll
Is the judicial system overdue for some skeptical inquiry?
Git a rope! 1
Yes. 6
Huh? What? 1
No. 0
Why do you hate America? 0
Total Votes: 8
You must be a logged-in member to vote
A Skeptical View of the Judicial System - West Memphis Three
Posted: 04 August 2008 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-07-03
JRM5001 - 04 August 2008 05:44 AM

I shouldn’t respond to your personal attack, but will anyway.

You seem to want to try and attack me personally for my “religious beliefs” re: Scott Peterson.  Before your post I knew nothing of Peterson, I merely wanted to debunk your statement that there was “no evidence” in the case.  I accept the prosecution’s version of the age of the fetus based on the scientific evidence available, namely an ultrasound and the bones of the fetus.  I’ll accept that since you only made conclusory statements about Dr. March and his evidence that you concede that he based the age of the fetus on that babyshower conversation about the pregnancy test (for which there is absolutely no evidentiary support). 

If we were looking for a zealot here, I’d pick the one who is taking a leap of faith by relying upon secondhand hearsay to establish the age of the fetus and who created his own one-sided website on the matter.

I made no personal attack. I merely note that you wander around looking for trivialities but cannot overcome any of the factual points I have made.
This is a religious belief not a logical one. Logic says, as it has from the moment the bodies were found, that Laci was the victim of a fetus napper. All hypothetical cases offered which involve her husband fail miserably. Throw out Dr March’s testimony in its entirety and the case against Scott still fails. Assume Devore’s theory is 100% correct and all you prove is what the FBI will tell you - most kidnap victims are killed within hours of abduction. The case against Scott still fails.

[ Edited: 04 August 2008 01:09 PM by A Voice of Sanity ]

Posted: 06 August 2008 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  669
Joined  2008-07-03

The Death Penalty and the Culture of Victimhood (LINK)
Open-Ended Closure
By MARC ESTRIN

Vermont has no death penalty. Still, federal prosecutors are now demanding that Vermont hold a capital punishment trial in a recent murder case which involved crossing a state line. It seems important to the feds to teach liberal Vermont a lesson in American justice.

We find much support as we stand Wednesdays at noon against the death penalty. Yet there are still many passers-by who feel otherwise. “An eye for an eye,” they yell from their cars, or “They kill us-we kill them!”
<MORE>
———————————————————————————————————————————-
A Grief Like No Other (LINK)

Americans are fascinated by murders and murderers but not by the families of the people who are killed—an amazingly numerous group, whose members can turn only to one another for sympathy and understanding

by Eric Schlosser

On the first Friday evening of every month thirty to forty men and women gather at Our Lady of Sorrows Church in Kansas City, Missouri. They meet in the parish hall, a low modern building not far from the headquarters of the Hallmark Cards corporation. They bring cookies and sodas, newsletters, notebooks, and photographs of their children. They sit in folding chairs around two large banquet tables. They are white, African-American, and Latino, middle-class and working-class, a cross-section of midwesterners. From all appearances this could be a session of the local PTA or of a church group planning its next book fair. The meeting opens with everybody explaining, one by one, why he or she has come. Each story seems more poignant and more horrific than the last. This is the monthly gathering of Parents of Murdered Children, Kansas City chapter, a support group for the relatives and friends of homicide victims.
<MORE>

Posted: 14 August 2008 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Total Posts:  4142
Joined  2008-08-14

i agree with charles,especially the current laws point.much of the clutter could be eliminated.redundancies and the laws that govern the courts themselves.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

4 of 4