Failure to receive publications…
Posted: 05 June 2007 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-12-03

Not sure if this is the correct way to go about this, but I’ve already tried sending two emails, to no avail. It’s been several months.

I applied for trial issues of free inquiry and Skeptical Inquirer magazines. I have yet to receive any communication or any issues. How can I ensure that I receive the trial issues, as I’d like to read them before subscribing.

Thanks!

Signature 

-Kyriako.
What intrigues me most is not the question whose answer I simply don’t know, but the question whose answer I can’t know.

Posted: 05 June 2007 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

OK, Kyriako, this isn’t really the right forum folder to submit that sort of issue ... however, I really can’t think of anywhere else to do so either. Have you tried emailing or calling the magazines directly? These are bimonthly publications, and it’s totally normal for magazines to take over a month to get the first of any issue to you.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 05 June 2007 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

Doug’s right.  I didn’t get my first issues for a while after subscribing.  I emailed someone and they emailed me back explaining what Doug said.  I think it was these mags.  Could have been the Humanist, but either way, it’s still the same deal.  I’ll double check who sent what to me and if it is these publications, I’ll post or PM you and let you know who to contact if you still have questions.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 05 June 2007 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-12-03

Thanks all. The first request was over 6 months ago. Then another probably about 3 months ago. After I posted this, I sent a third email request and asked for some sort of verification of email receipt.

Signature 

-Kyriako.
What intrigues me most is not the question whose answer I simply don’t know, but the question whose answer I can’t know.

Posted: 05 June 2007 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

You may want to try calling them—especially if you don’t get an email response.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 05 June 2007 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

That was the Humanist magazine I was thinking of, but you might want to try David Koepsell for Free Inquiry and Skeptical Inquirer, if you haven’t already.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 20 September 2007 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2007-07-12

Was your problem solved?

I had the same problem with skeptical inquirer

Posted: 26 October 2007 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Well, I have a problem with Paypal, this morning, who supposedly cancelled my Individual membership with CSI.  I forwarded the email to CSI subscription person (using an onsite address) and then called CSI.  The receptionist, even with my confusion with what is happening, was very nice and polite.  She forwarded my call to Barry Karr and he’s looking into why it was cancelled by paypal.  I didn’t cancel it and I paid in full, so even joining the Student Alliance to start a Freethought Alliance down here shouldn’t have affected it nor should changing bank accounts, with Paypal, should have affected it either since I paid in full back in August.  I didn’t mention that last to Barry, because that shouldn’t matter since I already paid in full.  Even Barry was polite and helpful too.

I think, elef3u, if you do that you might get some help with your subscription, if you haven’t gotten it already.  The phone number and email addresses are on CSI website and aren’t too hard to find.  Just contact CSI and forward anything, via email, to them that could help and a phone call wouldn’t hurt either.  They are on N.Y. time (EST), so I was able to call a little after 8 a.m. CST., so even if you live in California you could call them before you leave for work in the morning.  Anyway, give that a try and I’m sure they will be nice enough to help you.  They’re helping me at least.

Update:

ACK!  That is what happened.  When you change bank accounts on Paypal, the system does not know when a subscription has been paid in full, so it goes ahead and cancels a subscription, any and all subscriptions, associated with that bank account for a customer.  :(  What a pain in the butt!  I may have to straighten out several memberships and subscriptions that I paid in full due to this crazy system they have set up.  I understand why, but I think there should be a better way of doing this so that things paid in full doesn’t get screwed up on a person.  rolleyes

They sent me info on how to keep this from happening in the future, if I change bank accounts again.  rolleyes  Looks like a time consuming process, but probably well worth going through so that you don’t have the headache I am having now, but at least I know no one has tampered with my Paypal account.

Not sure if what I said will help you are not now, elef3u.  :(

[ Edited: 26 October 2007 10:46 AM by Mriana ]
 Signature 

Mriana

‹‹ READ BEFORE POSTING      Avatars ››