2 of 2
A Haunting, Discovery channel series.
Posted: 20 November 2007 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22
logicisrefreshing - 10 June 2007 11:38 PM

Ugh… if I make it through my time on Earth before being driven insane by these shows, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions… And I don’t believe in miracles or the bible so that narrows the odds a little bit.

But on the Discovery Channel?

I used to love that channel because it was scientific! But now…

I love it on other ghost shows when they have a psychic, and whenever the psychic has a strange feeling that’s used as evidence… And of course, the psychic couldn’t possibly be making it up! And psychics can’t possibly not exist!

I know it’s pretty bad.  It seems to me they run these shows around Halloween, and in the fall months where superstition is at it’s highest.  I have no doubt it is for entertainment purposes only, and because it is being shown on this channel it add’s to the “plausibility”, thus increasing the scare factor for those who are either believers, or pseudo-skeptics.  “The Discovery Channel showed it, it must be somewhat accurate.”  Which believe it or not I have heard before.

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”

Posted: 20 November 2007 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2007-09-21

Sounds to me like socially irresponsible trash television.  There is much out there that pedals snake oil for a cheap buck.  The discovery channel should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted: 21 November 2007 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22
erasmusinfinity - 20 November 2007 09:32 AM

Sounds to me like socially irresponsible trash television.  There is much out there that pedals snake oil for a cheap buck.  The discovery channel should be ashamed of themselves.

I can’t agree with you more.

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”

2 of 2

‹‹ Pale Blue Dot      Is this possible? ››