1 of 9
Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry
Posted: 08 June 2007 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2007-06-08

Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life? I would appreciate any opinions. http://thecompletefloweroflife.blogspot.com/

Image Attachments
floweroflife_sm.gif

Posted: 08 June 2007 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Hmmm. The site you linked to claims:

World secret societies have made sure ,we either ignore the flower or have our attention drawn to other ancient sites.They have taken great care in keeping the significance of the flower hidden.If you contemplate the symbol it will open a part of the mind which has been lost(hidden)to modern man.

What does that mean? It’s just a pretty symbol, probably with some obscure esoteric message like a Tibetan Buddhist mandala. But so what?

If it really has some “hidden significance”, the website owner should tell us what that significance is rather than being obscurantist about it.

And what “part of the mind” “has been lost” or “hidden”“to modern man”?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 08 June 2007 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I’m guessing this is one of those optical illusions that are hard to make sense of visually, sort of like an Escher drawing. the drawing of a stack of blocks that one can’t decide is ten or eleven, or the tuning fork that appears to be both two and three tined.  They’re all cute, but I don’t see them as opening “hidden” parts of my mind.

Occam

Posted: 08 June 2007 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-08
Occam - 08 June 2007 08:17 PM

I’m guessing this is one of those optical illusions that are hard to make sense of visually, sort of like an Escher drawing. the drawing of a stack of blocks that one can’t decide is ten or eleven, or the tuning fork that appears to be both two and three tined.  They’re all cute, but I don’t see them as opening “hidden” parts of my mind.

Occam

No, this symbol is a small part of the continuous pattern of creation.

[ Edited: 08 June 2007 10:42 PM by andymonk ]

Posted: 08 June 2007 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

a ringed sample of the continious pattern of creation

Each word we use in our discourse has specific meanings as listed in the dictionaries.  I’m always fascinated when a group of words are strung together such that there is no semblance of meaning left in any of them.  Or, more succinctly, What the hell does that mean?

Occam

Posted: 10 June 2007 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
andymonk - 08 June 2007 08:55 PM

Well, it’s certainly a small part of the continuous pattern of reality, but then so is my foot.

cheese

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 10 June 2007 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-08
dougsmith - 10 June 2007 09:19 AM
andymonk - 08 June 2007 08:55 PM

Well, it’s certainly a small part of the continuous pattern of reality, but then so is my foot.

cheese

Put another way….........I believe,the COMPLETE ancient flower of life is a window into the hidden continuous pattern of creation.

Image Attachments
floweroflife_sm.gif

Posted: 10 June 2007 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

Sorry, Andy.  I’m too much of a pragmatist to put any stock in that kind of (to me) fairytale.  Since it’s been around for a long time, and available to a great many people, both priests and scientists, if it really had any meaning at all, it would have been deciphered and published widely.

Occam

Posted: 11 June 2007 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

It’s a cute pattern, but I’m not getting the “hidden window” stuff. There are an infinite number of nice patterns ... HERE are some in Islamic art that are quite pretty.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 11 June 2007 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29
dougsmith - 11 June 2007 08:15 AM

HERE are some in Islamic art that are quite pretty.

I have seen many of these in southern Spain. Some of the patterns are more mysterious than all of the “trees and flowers of life” put together. They are true masterpieces displaying the beauty of geometry and art.

Posted: 11 June 2007 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
George - 11 June 2007 09:59 AM

I have seen many of these in southern Spain. Some of the patterns are more mysterious than all of the “trees and flowers of life” put together. They are true masterpieces displaying the beauty of geometry and art.

Absolutely true. The patterns on the walls of the Alhambra alone are works of architectural and design genius.

See here too.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 11 June 2007 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-08
Occam - 10 June 2007 11:06 PM

Sorry, Andy.  I’m too much of a pragmatist to put any stock in that kind of (to me) fairytale.  Since it’s been around for a long time, and available to a great many people, both priests and scientists, if it really had any meaning at all, it would have been deciphered and published widely.

Occam

I agree,the incomplete flower of life has been known since the dawn of time. I believe,i have completed the flower by adding the second and third layers. The COMPLETE flower is now three dimensional and can be contemplated as the whole.

Posted: 11 June 2007 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Andymonk,

Do you have a compass at home? If you don’t, get one. Then play with it for about twenty minutes. I can assure you you’ll discover that there is nothing special, mysterious or “sacred” about your flower of life. Draw a circle. Draw another circle with its centre (anywhere) on the edge of the previous circle. Use the two cross points of the two circles as next centre points for your following circles. And keep going…

It’s kinda fun. Your flower of life is probably the simplest achievable pattern using a primitive compass. There is no mystery here. More like Patterns 101 or Patterns for Dummies…

Posted: 11 June 2007 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-08
George - 11 June 2007 03:26 PM

Andymonk,

Do you have a compass at home? If you don’t, get one. Then play with it for about twenty minutes. I can assure you you’ll discover that there is nothing special, mysterious or “sacred” about your flower of life. Draw a circle. Draw another circle with its centre (anywhere) on the edge of the previous circle. Use the two cross points of the two circles as next centre points for your following circles. And keep going…

It’s kinda fun. Your flower of life is probably the simplest achievable pattern using a primitive compass. There is no mystery here. More like Patterns 101 or Patterns for Dummies…

Instead of discribing it, why dont you copy and post it? Show everyone how easy it is to draw. Somehow,i think you wont!

[ Edited: 11 June 2007 03:42 PM by andymonk ]

Posted: 11 June 2007 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
andymonk - 11 June 2007 03:39 PM

Instead of discribing it, why dont you copy and post it? Show everyone how easy it is to draw. Somehow,i think you wont!

Why? It would look just like the ones your show in you blog – I am referring to the simple “incomplete” flower of life. This would require about 20 seconds to produce. To achieve the more complex (busier) pattern shown in your first post would take a bit longer: I would need more time to draw more circles! Again, there is no mystery here…

[ Edited: 11 June 2007 04:01 PM by George ]

Posted: 11 June 2007 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-08
George - 11 June 2007 03:57 PM
andymonk - 11 June 2007 03:39 PM

Why? It would look just like the ones you show in you blog – I am referring to the simple “incomplete” flower of life. This would require about 20 seconds to produce. To achieve the more complex (busier) pattern shown in your first post would take a bit longer: I would need more time to draw more circles! Again, there is no mystery here…

I think that shows you in a different light!

1 of 9