Joined  2008-03-04

So are crop circles copyrighted?

Posted: 16 March 2008 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  542
Joined  2007-09-29
Roger_Bacon - 16 March 2008 03:09 AM

So are crop circles copyrighted?

Look, the plans to make crop circles have been on display in the Galactic Bureau of Ambiguous Signs From Above for at least fifty of your - uh, *our* - earth years. The Bureau can’t be responsible for Earth’s inattention to their civic duties.

PS: While you’re in the building, you might want to duck into the Interstellar Roads Commission. There’s a bypass going through your system, you know. Just a heads up.

Kirk (with apologies to Douglas Adams)

Posted: 16 March 2008 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2008-02-24
andymonk - 03 July 2007 12:50 PM

I think you all know and feel the COMPLETE ancient flower of life is more than a optical illusion. This symbol communicates on a level higher than the written or spoken word.

I don’t ... it appears to be nothing more than a vaguely interesting geometric pattern. If you genuinely think it’s something more than I think you’re barking mad!

Kyu

Signature 

Kekerusey

“Keye’ung lu nì‘aw tì‘eyng mìkìfkey lekye’ung”
(Insanity, the only answer in a world insane!)

Atheists’s Heaven *** “Science, Just Science” Campaign *** Geekanology UK

Posted: 24 March 2008 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-03-23

Is it really all that surprizing that various symbol worshiping theological organizations have created or incorporated the simplest geometric design as a correspondence application. The circle or any pattern of intertwining circles have the obvious relationship to consepts such as zero, infinity and all the paradoxical phenomena inbetween. The Tree of Life is not a key to another dimension nor, does it contain hidden information, wisedom or, the secerets of the universe until of course, such information is discovered and understood, it’s only afterward that it becomes metaphorically related.
    I don’t see anything extraordinary when pattern-seeking beings that use symbolism as a primary function for consiouss thought in a geometrically defined universe, use any basic pattern of geometry to define their surroundings. One can even impose completely illogical metaphysical nonsense to such symbols, that’s the beauty of symbolism, it’s not bound by laws.

As for crop cirles, I’m sure you can watch any one of several home-made crop circle videos on Discovery or History channel or even Youtube if you’d like to needlessly waiste your time as the creators of the circles did, if you need proof that they can easily be created by people in a brief period of time with different tools depending on which method the designers chose.
For those who say why would someone bother in the first place, my guess is it was probably somewhat entertaing for a group of friends to get high and call up the whole world and say “a is your refrigerator running….better go catch it, uha hehe haa!!!!

9 of 9