Entity

Signature 

Cosmic Cave

Posted: 26 June 2007 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-24

Just as a quick aside. 
The Egyptian and Mayan pantheons got linked to Atlantis in the 70s by Erich von Daniken (Chariots of the Gods) if I remember correctly.
The general idea is that the Egyptians and Mayans couldn’t have built the Pyramids and the Mayan equivalent by themselves.  So they had help from Plaedians space aliens who once lived in Atlantis.
I’m taking this from memory so forgive any errors.

Signature 

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)

Posted: 26 June 2007 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I can’t find my copy of Chariots of the Gods. I now wonder if I ever read it. Hmm, maybe not. Maybe there is still some hope for me… :grin:

Posted: 26 June 2007 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-24

Von Daniken is quite prolific.  I don’t recall if Chariots of the Gods was the correct book responsible for the Atlantis nonsense but I am pretty certain it was Von Daniken.  I’ll dig out my books and see if I can find which book it was.

Signature 

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)

2 of 2