2 of 2
Poll
People who ask "What's your sign?" should be...
Encouraged to bore you further. 1
Forgiven for their sins. 1
Be told you’re an Orion. 1
Removed from the gene pool. 7
Total Votes: 10
You must be a logged-in member to vote
What’s your sign?  Mine’s Orion!
Posted: 06 August 2007 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Nah, it just proves the aliens don’t know how to read the latest articles in the astronomical journals.  LOL

Occam

Posted: 07 August 2007 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2007-07-24

It also proves Jupiter and Saturn are bigger than the Sun.

Posted: 07 August 2007 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05
Alon - 07 August 2007 04:13 AM

It also proves Jupiter and Saturn are bigger than the Sun.

Well the orbits aren’t in proportion either.  I wonder what date has those relative positions of planets.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 10 August 2007 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-06-08

In the words of the late comic Robin Harris: “STOP SIGN, M-F’er!”

Posted: 29 August 2007 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2007-08-28

Moon in Jupiter, sign is up Uranus. If one is so inclined, one most assuredly must enjoy the pleasure and comfort of what one deems to be a feasable, and “rational” explanation for whom they are, and will be.
Wife into it to the point of making unbelievably more money than I do bookoo, because we are in the Hollywood area. I work. She works. She believes that what she does is of benefit to those who need some sort of spiritual guidance, so they pay. A LOT!
I work and it’s really hard and my mind is like a cat turd with the blue-colored flavor crystals all stuck to it. I suffer writers’ block at least thirty times a minute, and if I could actually make a deadline, the publishers would begin planning the funeral.
She is astro, and I am in retro. I have to live with those comments every day. Ephemeris or BUST!!

Astrology is what it is. Work is a drag.

Bee

Signature 

Many roads diverged. We took them all.

Posted: 02 September 2007 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

I was born under the sign of “Novelty Shop.”

tongue rolleye

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 08 September 2007 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-08

When I get hit with this question, I tell the poor unfortunate who asked it that I’m an “Ophiuchan”. The Sun actually passes through the lower boundary of the constellation Ophiuchus (see http://tinyurl.com/35awo4 and the graphic in #8). If I see any sort of light bulb pop on behind the eyes, I explain that the Sun actually passes through 13 constellations. If not…oh well.

Cheers,

- Craig

[ Edited: 08 September 2007 10:44 PM by Astronomer ]
 Signature 

Craig Levine

Posted: 28 February 2008 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2008-02-27

i will usually answer their question in a genuine way then ask them something like “do you sacrifice virgins to thor or odin?”, while smiling pleasantly as if i really want to know.

Signature 

Confucius say: “i am jealous of those who go through the day with a full stomach but a vacuous mind-how do they ever do it?”

Posted: 29 February 2008 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

I used to humor my friends and tell them I’m a Gemini/Cancer cusp, therefore I’ll a bundle of contradictions. Now I just look at people (friends and new acquaintances) who ask me this question (invariably after I mention my interest in astronomy) and tell them the truth: I was born under a bad sign. I’ve been down since I began to crawl. If it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have no luck at all.

If that doesn’t stop them I tell them bluntly that I follow science, not ancient superstitions. Yes, I’ve offended a few people, but I’ve had many more people congratulate me for my bluntness and ask what I’m drinking, then buy a round.

I love the Orion gambit, though. I’d try it if I hadn’t been born on Juneteenth.

Oh, I voted “Removed from the gene pool.”

[ Edited: 29 February 2008 06:30 PM by DarronS ]
 Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

2 of 2