1 of 5
I want to put something about the religion
Posted: 21 June 2007 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2007-06-21

[color=red]i want to put something about the religion

espesially about the islam

i do not talk alot about this but just take alook and think about what would they see in this link

and give me your opinions honestly

please just look and think carefully

http://saaid.net/flash/113644.htm

if some one belive me and accept this essay and want the islam just tell me and i will help any one to get alot of information about the islam   [/color]

[ Edited: 21 June 2007 08:23 AM by no0or ]

Posted: 21 June 2007 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-21

Where are you ^_^

[ Edited: 21 June 2007 08:23 AM by no0or ]

Posted: 21 June 2007 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

An honest opinion, No0or? I loved the images and the music. The “message” itself was as stupid and meaningless as any other religious nonsense.

Posted: 21 June 2007 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7593
Joined  2007-03-02

I have to agree with George on this one.  Islam, like many other religions started from a dream.  It too, IMO, “evolved” from myth.  The video is also an attempt at evangelism, IMO, and is trying to appeal to those with questions about life and dissatisfaction with life, which is wrong in my opinion to get a person when they are down, but many religions do that.  It sounds like any other religious evangelism stuff with the message of “filling a hole” and choose the “right” religion.  In this case, the right religion to this author is Islam. rolleyes  It says nothing different or new.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 June 2007 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-21

But this is the true religion

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
no0or - 21 June 2007 10:56 AM

But this is the true religion

It is “a” true religion. I am not sure was “the” true religion means. Explain!

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

There is no true religion, IMO.  This dispute has been going on for centuries and all modern religions “evolved” from myth and extremists have been killing each other over these myths for centuries too, but since George is giving you the opportunity to explain, please be my guest.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 21 June 2007 11:12 AM

There is no true religion, IMO.

Why not? All religions are true religions just like all trees are true trees (except maybe for the Japanese bonsai cheese).

[ Edited: 21 June 2007 11:21 AM by George ]

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

rolleyes  True myths maybe.  Islam is an Abrahamic religion.  It “evolved” from Judaism which “evolved” from other myths surrounding the Jews.  The Koran not only has the Torah and alike, just as the Bible does, but it also has elements of Christianity- all except Christ’s cruxifiction, in which JC escaped and another man was cruxified instead.  JC went on to live until he died of natural causes.  However, Muhammad ascended to heaven and returned again according to the myth.  Both JC and Muhammad are prophets, not messiahs.

Even so, given all of that, it is based on myth and no0or is attempting, IMO, to gain gullible converts, but hey, if you want to debate it with him that is fine with me.  I will do what I can to help in that debate with the knowledge I have.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  4095
Joined  2006-11-28

George,
I don’t think you’re using the word “true” like most of us would. Sure all relgions are religions like all trees are trees. But when a believer says “True religion,” I think they mean corresponds accurately to the nature of the external reality the relgiion describes. There can’t be more than one true religion in this sense because they all describe reality differently. Frankly, I think they are all “untrue” in their literal details, though they may contain in their myths a metaphors true statements about human psychology, ethcs, and useful rules of behavior.

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Mriana,

When you say that Islam, Christianity, etc., are not true religions, you are implicitly suggesting that there actually are (or could be) true religion(s). This is wrong and maybe even dangerous. All religions are “as true as they can be”. If I believe that I am Napoleon, I am indeed a true believer who holds a belief of being Napoleon. It has nothing to do with the fact that I am or am not Napoleon.

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

It’s bad human psychology at that.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 21 June 2007 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
George - 21 June 2007 11:43 AM

Mriana,

When you say that Islam, Christianity, etc., are not true religions, you are implicitly suggesting that there actually are (or could be) true religion(s). This is wrong and maybe even dangerous. All religions are “as true as they can be”. If I believe that I am Napoleon, I am indeed a true believer who holds a belief of being Napoleon. It has nothing to do with the fact that I am or am not Napoleon.

None are true because they are myths.  They evolved from previous myths that came prior to them.  They are not true at all.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 21 June 2007 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Can you give me an example of true religion? Since if there are untrue religions there has to logically be true ones…

Posted: 21 June 2007 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

There are no true religions.  Just myths. Now I can give a lot of related myths if you like, but that is all they are- myths.  I don’t even have to touch the Islamic religion to cause it crumble.  I can just go at it via Judaism and Christianity.  In the end, Islam would have nothing to stand on because Judaism is at it’s base, just as Judaism is with Christianity.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 21 June 2007 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08

Can you give me an example of true religion? Since if there are untrue religions there has to logically be true ones…

Can you give me an example of true fiction?  Since if there is untrue fiction there has to logically be true fiction… Right?  Wrong.

1 of 5