2 of 5
I want to put something about the religion
Posted: 21 June 2007 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2007-06-17

I watched it.  I have a few muslim friends and knew of the Haj etc.  I watched it all and sorry to put my Simon Cowell hat on here but I found it rather boring and it didn’t tell me anything I hadn’t already heard.  However, I even sat theough the links to the islamic sites in the final masseges section.  I think you might like to learn how other religions do things, so please take a look at this site, with an open heart:

http://www.venganza.org/about

Please tell me what you honestly think.

Signature 

http://web.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Site/Podcast/833F918B-485B-42F4-B18C-4AB1436D9B87.html

Posted: 21 June 2007 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Pragmatic Naturalist - 21 June 2007 12:30 PM

Can you give me an example of true fiction?

Harry Potter. En example of an untrue fiction was the existence of Troy until Schliemann proved it to be a reality.

Posted: 21 June 2007 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08

sorry to put my Simon Cowell hat on here

It was soooo cabaret.

Harry Potter

Oh yea, forgot about him.

Posted: 21 June 2007 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02

Can you give me an example of true fiction?  Since if there is untrue fiction there has to logically be true fiction… Right?  Wrong.

That would be non-fiction.  Fiction by it’s very nature is nothing but a story and has very little bases in truth, if any.  Non-fiction has it’s basis in truth.  Soooo, we are right back to square one- Religion by its vary nature is fiction and so is myth.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 June 2007 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 21 June 2007 02:18 PM

Can you give me an example of true fiction?

That would be non-fiction

question

Posted: 21 June 2007 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Go to your local library and you’ll figure out the difference between fiction and non-fiction.  Fiction is nothing but stories.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 21 June 2007 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 21 June 2007 03:19 PM

Go to your local library and you’ll figure out the difference between fiction and non-fiction.  Fiction is nothing but stories.

I think I understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction. :grin: This is precisely why I am baffled by your answer when you say that non-fiction is an example of true fiction.

[ Edited: 21 June 2007 04:14 PM by George ]

Posted: 21 June 2007 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Stories are fictions, not an example of non-fiction.  Fiction is not true.  Non-fiction is like self-help books, auto-biographies, etc.  Although I could punch holes in some of those self-help books.  LOL

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 21 June 2007 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08

Fiction is not true.

That is why “true fiction” is an oxymoron.

Posted: 21 June 2007 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22
no0or - 21 June 2007 10:56 AM

But this is the true religion

Before I participate in this thread, I have ask, no0or, were you serious about that statement, or were you being ironic?

Occam

Posted: 21 June 2007 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I think s/he was serious, but I could be wrong. The written word is deceptive.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 22 June 2007 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2007-06-21

The prophet Mohammed is the last prophet   and the book, the Koran, and cautioned us to Islam

tell you because I am afraid you from the punishment of Allah
This witness only this that the Holy Quran

http://muttaqun.com/quran/toc_eng.html

Posted: 22 June 2007 02:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-21

lesten the holy Quran

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Al-Ikhlas
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

arabc

سُوۡرَةُ الإخلاص
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

قُلۡ هُوَ ٱللَّهُ أَحَدٌ (١) ٱللَّهُ ٱلصَّمَدُ (٢) لَمۡ يَلِدۡ وَلَمۡ يُولَدۡ (٣) وَلَمۡ يَكُن لَّهُ ۥ ڪُفُوًا أَحَدُۢ (٤)

[ Edited: 22 June 2007 03:03 AM by no0or ]

Posted: 22 June 2007 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-21

I bear witness that there is no God But Allah

I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Allah is Great, Allah is Great

Posted: 22 June 2007 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-06-19
George - 21 June 2007 12:01 PM

Can you give me an example of true religion? Since if there are untrue religions there has to logically be true ones…

Sure. The Chalcolithc faith in the Great Mother Goddess. Other religions preach peace. A “true religion” would *deliver* peace.
it did. It is real simple to understand when you consider the problem a demagogue would have trying to rile up a mob or an army by claiming that *he* speaks in *HER* name. How many wars and genocides have you seen fought in the name of the Virgin Mary?

Course, Buddha’s characterization of the divine force has not been very useful either, so it has not caused much war. But it has not prevented much either. Most men are just not that psychologically capable of dealing with passion. The Great Mother faith solved that problem. It said sex was sacred.

As Mallory notes, the original Aryan language, aka Proto-Indo-European, or PIE, does not have a word for “marriage”. Men who do not own women do not fight over them, much less go to war for them. The faithful of the Great Mother Goddess lived polyamorously in communal houses, and it was the grandmothers, not the men who owned, as the Mosou still do, all the real estate and infrastructure which they used to ensure that the resources were there to properly raise the kids.

Because men were getting laid, they didnt try to exploit the system to get the luxury goods to attract and own harems. Because they didnt try to exploit the system, there was so much egalitarianism that there was no motivation for revolution.

What else does a “true religion” need to deliver besides peace?

2 of 5