6 of 8
Crop Circles…
Posted: 02 August 2007 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2007-07-29

I can’t just tells ya in a sentence. You have to take off that box, and begin diggin where everything is at.
Black ops and psy ops exist and are to control you, and pull the wool over your eyes.

Now…........you believe in hoaxers right? Men with planks. So do I. But there also exist hoaxers in powerful positions, and powerful covert technology. And I was suggesting to keep this in mind when looking at the subject of crop circles.

Posted: 02 August 2007 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

that is the lamest conspiracy theory ive ever heard.

you still havent explained why we should consider it. humor me: whats the basis of you believing this? where is the evidence that the government is doing this? is there some guy testifying on disclosure that the government has advanced technology that leaves….. CROP CIRCLES!!!!????? or are you just making up some asinine theory rooted in your paranoia about the government? again, why should we consider what you believe? do you have anything to show for it that demonstrates the validity of it? youre obviously not entertaining the alien notion so i wont bother with those delusions, so what evidence do you have that shows the government is leaving crop circles with “covert technology”? what good is technology that leaves intricate patterns in wheat fields or if thats not its real purpose then what is it and why and how does it leave crop circles?

Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 02 August 2007 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-29

[

quote author=“truthaddict” date=“1186092847”]that is the lamest conspiracy theory ive ever heard.

get outta here? what ...YOU?

you still havent explained why we should consider it. humor me: whats the basis of you believing this? where is the evidence that the government is doing this? is there some guy testifying on disclosure that the government has advanced technology that leaves….. CROP CIRCLES!!!!?????

whats the basis for you believing that every one of the crop cirlces is dont by people with planks? CSYCOPS no doubt? James Randi? who, who, humour me??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or are you just making up some asinine theory rooted in your paranoia about the government?

You trust your government do you?

again, why should we consider what you believe?

well, when someone says an idea, the other sometimes thinks about it/considers it….duh?

do you have anything to show for it that demonstrates the validity of it?

yeah, errrr crop circles?.... wherdya get this goy from??

youre obviously not entertaining the alien notion so i wont bother with those delusions,

I include possibility of ET communication, yes. Only YOu are calling these ideas delusions bro.

so what evidence do you have that shows the government is leaving crop circles with “covert technology”?

Well, it would be a ploy to fool us into ways of thinking about the pattern that they communicate with?

what good is technology that leaves intricate patterns in wheat fields or if thats not its real purpose then what is it and why and how does it leave crop circles?

communication through pictures.

Posted: 02 August 2007 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14

Zerzel, it would be really helpful if you could try to deepen our discussion here by presenting actual evidence or information you have rather than disparaging people who ask you for it.

If people here feel that the evidence you provide is flimsy or unconvincing, that should be a spur to you to do further investigating, to find stronger evidence or to decide that the evidence you formerly accepted was, in fact, not very strong.

But simply tossing around wild accusations of conspiracy theories, be they from the government, UFOs, “black ops”, the Freemasons or the Illuminati won’t get you anywhere. Devoid of strong, confirming evidence, this all just amounts to lazy thinking. It’s exactly like blaming everything on “capitalism” the “Reds” or the “Catholics”, or indeed, like racial conspiracy theories of all types. It amounts to a very effective self-parody.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 August 2007 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-29
dougsmith - 02 August 2007 12:02 PM

Zerzel, it would be really helpful if you could try to deepen our discussion here by presenting actual evidence or information you have rather than disparaging people who ask you for it.

If people here feel that the evidence you provide is flimsy or unconvincing, that should be a spur to you to do further investigating, to find stronger evidence or to decide that the evidence you formerly accepted was, in fact, not very strong.

But simply tossing around wild accusations of conspiracy theories, be they from the government, UFOs, “black ops”, the Freemasons or the Illuminati won’t get you anywhere. Devoid of strong, confirming evidence, this all just amounts to lazy thinking. It’s exactly like blaming everything on “capitalism” the “Reds” or the “Catholics”, or indeed, like racial conspiracy theories of all types. It amounts to a very effective self-parody.

haha, so let me get this straight dougsmith. You have sat sittin there while this clown calls me every name under the sun including lunatic, and you claim I am disparaging people…?

Posted: 02 August 2007 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Zerzel, I am not only referring to this thread, I am referring to a pattern of conduct. My concern is, as I said before, that you disparage people who ask you for more information, and you do so without actually deepening the discussion. The behavior of other people on this site is irrelevant to this point.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 02 August 2007 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-29
dougsmith - 02 August 2007 12:31 PM

Zerzel, I am not only referring to this thread, I am referring to a pattern of conduct. My concern is, as I said before, that you disparage people who ask you for more information, and you do so without actually deepening the discussion. The behavior of other people on this site is irrelevant to this point.

OMG he’s got his blue ink out. run for cover heretic…..s, scream!!!!!!!!

“The behavior of other people on this site is irrelevant to this point’

oh but of COURSE. you are blind to THEIR disparaging nonesense, because they are of the same dull uncouth mindset as yerself!

Posted: 02 August 2007 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Zerzel, we are interested in the issues you bring to the table here, so long as they rise above mere disparagement and accusation. I would suggest turning down the volume on your posts, and instead attending to the problems that people find with the conspiracy theories you find so congenial.

Members engaging in a pattern of abusive, nasty or disruptive behavior are subject to banning. In particular, I would suggest you re-read our forum rule 1.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 02 August 2007 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-29
dougsmith - 02 August 2007 12:58 PM

Zerzel, we are interested in the issues you bring to the table here, so long as they rise above mere disparagement and accusation.

So you said. And I told you that it is YOU who brought in the term disparagement as a warning of MY conduct.
That I would not have mentioned it as such, as in snitching to doug the mod , on the fool pretending he is debating with me, when just DISPARAGING me. I could go on swapping silly DISPARAGING remarks, which HE began for as long as needs be. I don’t really care. I can humour a fool if I choose to.
But you, dougy, are not doing your job are you…...? Ie., you are showing favouritism to the one who is of your mindset and is disparaging (you actually started the DISPARAGING! ). , and victimizing ME for responding to it. what ya like?
So to your precious rule 1:
‘(1) Free inquiry is only possible if we maintain civility. Abuse of forum members will not be permitted. {{{but doug the modetrator DOES permit it. He’s permitted truthaddict to disparage me the last 10 + posts}}}} In particular, abuse of Moderators for performing their responsibilities will not be permitted. {{{{{well then, do your flippin job properly then…}}}}Abusive forum members are subject to suspension or termination and their posts to deletion.{{{{so suspend truthaddict and yourself whilst yer at it,}}}}} What constitutes abuse will be determined by Moderators on a case-by-case basis, however in general it amounts to any racist, sexist, homo-sexist, threatening, harassing, or other personally offensive, vulgar or derogatory comments. Abuse would include so-called hate speech and fighting words.{{{{{so do it. excercise the power you love. your capriciousness. You KNOW you want to..LOL}}}}

I would suggest turning down the volume on your posts, and instead attending to the problems that people find with the conspiracy theories you find so congenial.

My tone has been very cool and consistent and patient considering the DISPARAGEMENT i have received from your member, and yourself. So I suggest you ask your comrades to tone THEIR shit down, and look in the mirror, doug mate.

Members engaging in a pattern of abusive, nasty or disruptive behavior are subject to banning. In particular, I would suggest you re-read our forum rule 1.

I have had the initiative to copy and past your precious rule 1 here, and comment on it in relation to your actual behaviour, and your friends’.
You see doug, you are typical. A moderator who is blind to closedminded disparagement from people you can identify with, yet love to crack the whip at the victims of such UNCHECKED disparagement, and adding insult to injury, expect the person so disparaged to go running round presenting evidence for such disrespect. That is oppression, and it very much sucks. I will not cowtow to such injust authoritarianism. It is RIFE in society. In this ‘scientific society’ you and your cohorts love so much!

Now my little man with his blue ink power pen. Do what thou wilt. You know you want to. Do the right thing

LOL

[ Edited: 02 August 2007 02:29 PM by zerzel ]

Posted: 02 August 2007 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Total Posts:  1161
Joined  2007-07-16

1) whats the basis for you believing that every one of the crop cirlces is dont by people with planks? CSYCOPS no doubt? James Randi? who, who, humour me??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer: I follow the evidence. We got people admitting they are the culprits and then showing us how they do it. There is no evidence that the government or aliens are doing this. There is my basis: I follow the evidence.

2) You trust your government do you?

Answer: This is not about trusting them. This is about the lack of evidence that they are behind the crop circles.

3) well, when someone says an idea, the other sometimes thinks about it/considers it….duh?

Answer: At this point I’d say you are intentionally missing the point. Others and myself have been clear in stating why we ask you to explain why we must consider the theory.

4) yeah, errrr crop circles?.... wherdya get this goy from??

Answer: the existence of crop circles does not prove that the government is behind it, especially when there is no evidence of it and that people are admitting that they do it and showing how it’s done.

5) I include possibility of ET communication, yes. Only YOu are calling these ideas delusions bro.

Answer: They are delusional. If ET was communicating with us SETI would have picked it up. I have raised the problems of alien visitations on this thread already. It is no coincidence that nearly all “evidence” consists of testimonies, that most sightings are at night, that there are contradictions in discriptions, that we always seem to see them here but never in space when they are arriving (again, SETI has never heard or observed an alien). The list of problems goes on. It’s pretty clear that they are not communicating with us because there is no proof that they even exist!

6) Well, it would be a ploy to fool us into ways of thinking about the pattern that they communicate with?

Answer: I asked for evidence and you offer nothing but an expanded and baseless homegrown theory. This sounds like you are making this shit up as you go.

7) communication through pictures.

Answer: Again, more made up nonsense. Our presence is enough to communicate with. We can see cities shine at night, etc. Leaving intricate patterns in crop fields makes no sense outside of a hoax/art form.

After all this you are still showing nothing but your paranoia and your inability to provide any evidence of why we must consider your apparent homemade theory of crop circles. Anyway, youre so clever (and can read minds) that you must know that im no longer entertained by your foolishness.

[ Edited: 02 August 2007 02:59 PM by truthaddict ]
 Signature 

“Unsustainable systems can’t be sustained.” ~ Robert Jensen

Posted: 02 August 2007 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

NB: after his most recent posts, and discussion between the moderators, Zerzel has been banned.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 02 August 2007 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2006-04-03

Too bad grin
Reading the past few pages has been entertaining!!  I love observing how some people think.

But I understand the need for limits.

Thanks Doug!

Linda

Posted: 02 August 2007 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

downer I really hated to see zerzel get banned but I could see the handwriting on the wall. The poor guy was delusional to say the least and I believe he had been using LSD, although I can’t prove it without further evidence or knowing him personally.
He was kind of funny in a way, but he took things way too serious. However if he should find the Church of Dog on google groups he would be welcomed there with no chance of ever getting banned or kicked off the site as there are no forum rules on posting.
But this forum on the other hand is a research forum by the people that put it here and they have to have rules or they will not be able to achieve the results of their research which is to go into the minds of atheist and theist to get feedback on various discussion as well as to give some breathing room for forum members. I believe this just might be the most unique forum of its kind as by its very name “Center for Inquiry” suggests it is indeed a project type of forum to get feedback on various subjects of atheist verses theist.

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

Posted: 02 August 2007 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Total Posts:  4082
Joined  2006-11-28

Hmm, well I can’t speak to the purpose of the forum since I’m a relative newcomer, but I’m not sure I’d call it research. Sounds a bit more deliberate and formal than it is. I think it’s intended both as outreach for CFI to potentially interested or sympathetic people, and simply a place for interesting, but civil and respectful, discussion of topics related to science, religion, humanism; all pretty broad areas. I enjoy it as a place to share ideas with people who feel, as I do, rather outside the mainstream in terms of attitudes towards religion and science in society. Not that opposing points of view aren’t welcome. If Zerzel had made some effort to actually explain and argue for his ideas, rather than just making vague assertions and then attacking anyone who asked for some kind of rational support or evidence as closed-minded, brainwashed, etc, he would have been allowed to remain. But the feeling among the mods was that he was simply interested in baiting people for entertainment rather than really talking about controversial ideas. For my part, I haven;t found many fora worth the time to participate in since discussions usually become juvenile shouting matches, flamewars, etc. This place is unusual, in my experience, for the depth and seriousness of the debate and the, usually, respectful tone.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 03 August 2007 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2007-07-27

Ah but if you read the front home page of Center for Inquiry it is indeed a research project as well as a discussion. But then how else could the project work if not a respectful and calm approach were not used in the discussions to read both sides of any issue, for and against? How else indeed could such a research be conducted as the word “research” is indeed the key word as used in the promotional material. I took part in a research in college in the days when computers were large as houses and not available for personal use so we had to do it direct with people. We would open a conversation on various subjects and get opposing views from both sides and keep a log on what was said. Over several months we could see a pattern, a mindset of one group over the other.
But because I was one of the moderators taking part in the study I was not allowed to comment other than to make sure one kept their mind on the subject at hand, not wander off nor raise their voices or start calling each other names or placing titles and labels on each other. However there were people told to leave because they got other people’s goat pretty much like zerzel did here.

Our number one object was the study of how people think, what makes them come to their opinions, the answers they give and rather people are influenced by others, by the written word and their own theories and why? In the end we concluded that the reason all conflicts and comradeship which unites people or holds them a part was not by their own thinking, but the majority were influenced by others. (Example: on religion; the dogmas in which people believed in influenced their thinking on matters of religion. On politics they were influenced by which ever party they believed best governed the nation. On education they were influenced by the great masters of education whose own lives were successful because of higher learning.) The bottom line is that basically people are influenced by others and can not make decisions on their own merits.

I believe this research you are doing here is based on the same principle but your underlining factor is which group; theist or atheist is influenced the most?

Indeed I believe we all would like to know the answer for that one and if anyone becomes angry over an innocent discussion then of course the project will have interference which can or could delay end results and not even give a proper answer as the project in order to work therefore must be done in such a way that everyone obeys the rules and cooperates together.

Signature 

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holely Goat I bring the truth

6 of 8